• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-E3 The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Swords Rumors.

BY2K

Membero Americo
http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/06/heres-the-first-of-the-annual-batch-of-pre-e3-zelda-rumors.html#more

I would be careful with these. After the fiasco that was their assumed "confirmed" rumors before the official reveal of Skyward Sword, and the fact that these comes from 4chan, I will take those with a huge grain of salt.

However, I find these rumors very interesting. So let's have some pre-E3 fun.

1. Skyward Sword is complete, but still needs debugging/testing.
2. There will be a demo at E3 with three different aspects of the game explored: Flying combat, overworld + sky exploration, desert dungeon.
3. Skyward Sword girl's name is "Dorella."
4. Magician from GDC trailer's name is "Nephiburoo," he'll be a part of a group of evil sorcerers who wish to obtain the Triforce.
5. Ganondorf is in the game briefly as a child. Isn't too important to the story.
6. Zelda has a new design, similar to an Egyptian princess with brown hair. She's still recognizable however.
7. Full orchestrated soundtrack by the person responsible for Super Mario Galaxy's soundtrack. (This one is actually true, but I do wonder if the poster only put this one in to make the rumors more believable.)
8. Two overworlds: Skyloft and Hyrule. Contrast is similar to Heaven and Hell.
9. Ten minute live-action prologue that'll be posted on the net a couple of months before release. (Zelda Williams Secret Shoot? Zelda is rumored to have brown hair and take on an Egyptian princess aesthetic. It COULD fit.)
10. After you complete the game, the game goes into a storyless, neverending epilogue. Every dungeon in the game gets another dungeon inside of it utilizing everything you've obtained in the game with new bosses. New areas on the overworld are unlocked in places you wouldn't expect. Similar to the original Zelda.
11. Game will feature horse riding and boat riding. Not as expansive as seen in Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, however, but a boat will be required to complete some dungeons.
12. Coming November 1st, 2011.

Note: The original 4chan post has 404'd.

Gravijah

"6. Zelda has a new design, similar to an Egyptian princess with brown hair. She's still recognizable however."

This is probably going to be false and I am gonna cry.

SmithnCo

10 sounds crazy and a lot of work for something that happens after the story. Would be great if true though.

This is 4chan however so I don't really trust it.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So according to this rumor the weird dude is one of the Dark Interlopers mentioned in Twilight Princess?

And Nintendo had Xzibit pimp dungeons?!

It's probably
not
real!

Door2Dawn

Banned
Hatty said:
Dungeons in dungeons in dungeons.
yo_dawg-230x300.jpg

sphinx

the piano man
this sucks because if the rumors are true, then I just got spoiled... :(

I didn't want to read that "ganondorf appears as a child but irrelevant to the story"

fuck...

raviolico

BY2K said:
1. Skyward Sword is complete, but still needs debugging/testing.
2. There will be a demo at E3 with three different aspects of the game explored: Flying combat, overworld + sky exploration, desert dungeon.
3. Skyward Sword girl's name is "Dorella."
4. Magician from GDC trailer's name is "Nephiburoo," he'll be a part of a group of evil sorcerers who wish to obtain the Triforce.
5. Ganondorf is in the game briefly as a child. Isn't too important to the story.
6. Zelda has a new design, similar to an Egyptian princess with brown hair. She's still recognizable however.
7. Full orchestrated soundtrack by the person responsible for Super Mario Galaxy's soundtrack. (This one is actually true, but I do wonder if the poster only put this one in to make the rumors more believable.)
8. Two overworlds: Skyloft and Hyrule. Contrast is similar to Heaven and Hell.
9. Ten minute live-action prologue that'll be posted on the net a couple of months before release. (Zelda Williams Secret Shoot? Zelda is rumored to have brown hair and take on an Egyptian princess aesthetic. It COULD fit.)
10. After you complete the game, the game goes into a storyless, neverending epilogue. Every dungeon in the game gets another dungeon inside of it utilizing everything you've obtained in the game with new bosses. New areas on the overworld are unlocked in places you wouldn't expect. Similar to the original Zelda.
11. Game will feature horse riding and boat riding. Not as expansive as seen in Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, however, but a boat will be required to complete some dungeons.
12. Coming November 1st, 2011.

if true...

Dennis

Banned
BY2K said:

Woffls

Ten minute live-action prologue that'll be posted on the net a couple of months before release.
Only one that seems out of place, but the rest sounds feasible.

Released the day before my birthday ^_^ Surprised if they let it slip to November, though.

[edit] Post-game sounds similar to Pokémon's

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Instro said:
Xzibit secret final boss of SS confirmed!
And you will have to enter his dreams to slay the nightmares before you can kill him, after which you unlock the second dreamquest...INCEPTION.

antonz

Woffls said:

Released the day before my birthday ^_^ Surprised they're letting it slip to November, though.
We do know Zelda Williams was shooting material with green screens and such for Nintendo. This could of course be used to make up a false rumor as to what the material is but it certainly would make sense for a Woman named after Princess Zelda to be doing something for Zelda

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The music in this game is going to be godly. I hope they have some final music at E3.

heringer

Woffls said:

Released the day before my birthday ^_^ Surprised if they let it slip to November, though.

[edit] Post-game sounds similar to Pokémon's
Maybe it's related to the "project" involving Zelda Willians?

edit: beaten

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
November 1st? Fuck, Uncharted 3 will sit on my shelf for at least a couple of weeks.

EDIT: November 1st is a Tuesday. Sunday October 30th or November 6th?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Game-Biz said:
Also. I would trust a late 90's fanboy's Geocities page more than 4Chan.
They were the first to reveal the DSi so they can sometimes come up with the goods. Not surprising since all evidence of the leak will be long gone before anyone notices.

Of course /v/ as of late hasn't been at all up to stuff so I'd still recommend taking this with a grain of salt.

AbsoluteZero said:
Can we start our own nonsensical rumors in this thread?

I'll give it a shot.

Link will find new swords as he goes along, but instead of replacing the old swords, he just carries them all around like the Witcher and then dual wields and then triple wields by putting a sword in his mouth like Zoro from One Piece.

I would be careful with these. After the fiasco that was their assumed "confirmed" rumors before the official reveal of Skyward Sword, and the fact that these comes from 4chan, I will take those with a huge grain of salt.

Actually, I don't know, I read through those rumors again and only a few ended up not being true. The rest were, or have been speculated since announcement. Perhaps they just heard about things quite early in development?

Cygnus X-1

stilgar said:
Is this really the best thing you could expect from a new zelda?

Yes. Especially after Twilight Princess in which its appearance and role in the game was pathetic and uninspired.

Pappasman

BY2K said:

hahaha, what the fuck.

Top Bottom