• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-E3 The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Swords Rumors.

Effect

I really want #10 to be true. Nintendo has to be aware of Fallout 3, Fable series and Oblivion and how popular they are. How people enjoy exploring those worlds after the main story is over, especially if there is additional content and areas to explore. Why not add something like that to extend the game and to stop it from being sold to stores like GameStop. Not expecting this though but it would be really.

Chaplain

BY2K said:
10. After you complete the game, the game goes into a storyless, neverending epilogue. Every dungeon in the game gets another dungeon inside of it utilizing everything you've obtained in the game with new bosses. New areas on the overworld are unlocked in places you wouldn't expect. Similar to the original Zelda.

This sounds amazing!

Jezan

Ushojax said:
The music in this game is going to be godly. I hope they have some final music at E3.
Yes and Nintendo should release a "making of ...Zelda soundtrack", the scarce videos of Mario Galaxy orchestra recording are epic!!!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Those sound like interesting rumours ("interesting" = I'd like a lot of them to be true but they more than likely aren't). As people have already mentioned, Yokota is confirmed to be working on the soundtrack.

As much as I'd like for 10 to be true, I don't think it'll happen. I'd love for 10 to be true, though.

I'd love for it to be true, would be awesome if it was. But like always with Nintendo, especially with 4chan's involvement, I will believe it once nintendo themselves confirm it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Quadrangulum said:
Having a boat and a horse would bode well for exploration. I desperately want these to be true.
If that is true I really really hope the boat is faster than the one in Wind Waker. The beginning part of the Tower of the Gods is so tedious.

SmithnCo

I assumed Zelda Williams did something for E3, related to Skyward Sword or the rumored 25th anniversary thing. The timing would make more sense than it being a weird live-action Assassins Creed-esque thing.

The whole point of this is to get people to believe #10. Eleven mundane but believable "features" to give the nutty one credence.

Edit: Oh, haha, #9 didn't really register at first. Yeahhh no.

wrowa

Pappasman said:
that and 9 is just too ridiculous to happen.
Ridiculous? That sounds so negative! An interesting end-game would solve much of the late criticism regarding the lack of interesting stuff to explore etc. Would be nice if true.

But I'm more than confident that all of this is bullshit.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
BY2K said:
7. Full orchestrated soundtrack by the person responsible for Super Mario Galaxy's soundtrack. (This one is actually true, but I do wonder if the poster only put this one in to make the rumors more believable.)
8. Two overworlds: Skyloft and Hyrule. Contrast is similar to Heaven and Hell.
10. After you complete the game, the game goes into a storyless, neverending epilogue. Every dungeon in the game gets another dungeon inside of it utilizing everything you've obtained in the game with new bosses. New areas on the overworld are unlocked in places you wouldn't expect. Similar to the original Zelda.
12. Coming November 1st, 2011.

H4vsu.gif

I am skeptical of #12, since Nintendo is known for Sunday releases instead of Tuesday. Also, #10 is asking a hell of a lot from them. If the E3 demo point is correct, then this list will have serious credit. And if this list does turn out to be true, then this might truly be the greatest Zelda game.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They'll take a leaf out of SMG2's book and hide 120 green Triforce pieces around the map after you complete the game. However since Wind Waker was so popular they'll bring back Tingle to translate all your charts to find them.

Happy hunting.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
. Game will feature horse riding and boat riding. Not as expansive as seen in Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, however, but a boat will be required to complete some dungeons.
This reminds me, using the King of the Red Lions in the Tower of the Gods was pretty neat...definitely wouldn't mind seeing it done again.

SmithnCo

CcrooK said:
A full orchestrated ost would be enough for me to get. :)

I think that has been confirmed? Probably thrown in the list to add credibility.

Probably why 10 is far down on the list too, so you read the boring believable stuff first before the insane one.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
BGBW said:
They'll take a leaf out of SMG2's book and hide 120 green Triforce pieces around the map after you complete the game. However since Wind Waker was so popular they'll bring back Tingle to translate all your charts to find them.

Happy hunting.

actually, these sort of additional challenges that test your ability to "master" the skills of zelda in the same way the green stars do this in mario galaxy 2 would be really superb. i'm just not sure what form that would take, really. i like the concept.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Honestly, large bonus dungeons based around utilizing one weapon/tool in multiple situations would be pretty great in terms of a challenge like that...would also remedy the complaint that some of the weapons (i.e. Spinner) are useless after their debut dungeon.

wrowa

Instro said:
Already confirmed actually.
I wouldn't put too much weighth on the statements that are made at those E3 round-tables, though. I'm still waiting for the confirmed Pikmin 3...

First impression is that I don't believe these. Some of these don't seem like these Nintendo would do, others are too good to be true. My intuition at work.

13. The game will support free TF2-style DLC updates with new items, skins for swords and tunics, locations, and dungeons.
14. A Demons Souls-like social system that lets you read clues and hints written by other players.
15. There will be a wizard who engages his foes from afar, forgoing close combat in favor of powers far more arcane and inscrutable, including Spectral Blade, Improved Spectral Blade, and a Magic Missile so devastating that you'll regret ever crossing paths with this rebellious foe. Defeat him, and he will tell you the Zelda timeline.

antonz

wrowa said:
I wouldn't put too much weighth on the statements that are made at those E3 round-tables, though. I'm still waiting for the confirmed Pikmin 3...
Back in April Miyamoto did say he is working on Pikman in a french interview

Big One

Banned
wrowa said:
Pikmin 3 WAS confirmed by Shikimaru Ninja.

Also why would you have a lack of faith in stuff that is pretty much always 100% true? Despite that, it was recently confirmed the soundtrack will be orchestrated by the same person responsible for Super Mario Galaxy

Nov 1..what after MW3, BF3, and UC3, I guess we have our fourth best selling game right there. Now rumors for Skyward Sword on the Wii Successor seem silly. Post story stuff doesnt sound too interesting, never really replay RPGs post story like that, and I cant see doing that for my first ever Zelda.

Azure J

10 is the shit dreams are made of. I want this to be true sooooo badly, if only for 10. Also, Egyptian Zelda.

BY2K said:
http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/06/heres-the-first-of-the-annual-batch-of-pre-e3-zelda-rumors.html#more

I would be careful with these. After the fiasco that was their assumed "confirmed" rumors before the official reveal of Skyward Sword, and the fact that these comes from 4chan, I will take those with a huge grain of salt.

However, I find these rumors very interesting. So let's have some pre-E3 fun.

1. Skyward Sword is complete, but still needs debugging/testing.
2. There will be a demo at E3 with three different aspects of the game explored: Flying combat, overworld + sky exploration, desert dungeon.
3. Skyward Sword girl's name is "Dorella."
4. Magician from GDC trailer's name is "Nephiburoo," he'll be a part of a group of evil sorcerers who wish to obtain the Triforce.
5. Ganondorf is in the game briefly as a child. Isn't too important to the story.
6. Zelda has a new design, similar to an Egyptian princess with brown hair. She's still recognizable however.
7. Full orchestrated soundtrack by the person responsible for Super Mario Galaxy's soundtrack. (This one is actually true, but I do wonder if the poster only put this one in to make the rumors more believable.)
8. Two overworlds: Skyloft and Hyrule. Contrast is similar to Heaven and Hell.
9. Ten minute live-action prologue that'll be posted on the net a couple of months before release. (Zelda Williams Secret Shoot? Zelda is rumored to have brown hair and take on an Egyptian princess aesthetic. It COULD fit.)
11. Game will feature horse riding and boat riding. Not as expansive as seen in Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, however, but a boat will be required to complete some dungeons.
12. Coming November 1st, 2011.

Note: The original 4chan post has 404'd.

do+not+want.jpg

Everything else would be awesome.

Top Bottom