• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-E3 The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Swords Rumors.

Instro

wrowa said:
I wouldn't put too much weighth on the statements that are made at those E3 round-tables, though. I'm still waiting for the confirmed Pikmin 3...

Hm? Its been confirmed multiple times, in fact even recently Mahito Yokota said he is working on the game.

EmCeeGramr said:
13. The game will support free TF2-style DLC updates with new items, skins for swords and tunics, locations, and dungeons.
14. A Demons Souls-like social system that lets you read clues and hints written by other players.
15. There will be a wizard who engages his foes from afar, forgoing close combat in favor of powers far more arcane and inscrutable, including Spectral Blade, Improved Spectral Blade, and a Magic Missile so devastating that you'll regret ever crossing paths with this rebellious foe. Defeat him, and he will tell you the Zelda timeline.
Is your source Tingle?

neoism

Galvanise_ said:
Uncharted 3 and a new Zelda on the same day?

What the fuck am I going to do? Fuck.

Fuck.

(If true).
lololololololol I was getting really excited for every rumor I read in the OP... then November 1st.
I said damn near the same thing as your post.... lol

Kamek

I would like an epilogue a la 10, but I'd want it to drop some kind of hint for a future game or something once you "complete" it again. Maybe a hidden secret boss or something too would be nice.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I'm rating these rumors

fIhAM.png
fIhAM.png
NCxZ2.png
NCxZ2.png
NCxZ2.png

wrowa

AceBandage said:
Duh. Why would we see something from a game for a system that hasn't been revealed yet?
They didn't work 3 years ago on a Cafe game, duh.

It's more than obvious that Nintendo weren't developing Pikmin 3 when Miyamoto announced that they are "working on Pikmin 3". He said it to calm some minds. Since then everything we've heard about the game are the same excuses again and again. Last time at last E3 where Miyamoto reconfirmed it as a Wii game.

I'm not saying that Pikmin 3 doesn't exist -- I'm rather confident that we will see it at E3 as a Cafe game -- but thinking that it is as long in development as Miyamoto is teasing it is naive.

Don't trust everything that's said during an E3 round-table. They also confirmed an orchestra for TP at one of those and we all know what did happen. Or to be more precisely: didn't happen.

And when was the orchestra re-confirmed? Just because Galaxy's composer is doing the music, it's not re-confirmed that it will be orchestrated. The one thing really hasn't much to do with the other...

wrowa said:
They didn't work 3 years ago on a Cafe game, duh.

It's more than obvious that Nintendo weren't developing Pikmin 3 when Miyamoto announced that they are "working on Pikmin 3". He said it to calm some minds. Since then everything we've heard about the game are the same excuses again and again. Last time at last E3 where Miyamoto reconfirmed it as a Wii game.

I'm not saying that Pikmin 3 doesn't exist -- I'm rather confident that we will see it at E3 as a Cafe game -- but thinking that it is as long in development as Miyamoto is teasing it is naive.

Don't trust everything that's said during an E3 round-table. They also confirmed an orchestra for TP at one of those and we all know what did happen. Or to be more precisely: didn't happen.

And when was the orchestra re-confirmed? Just because Galaxy's composer is doing the music, it's not re-confirmed that it will be orchestrated. The one thing really hasn't much to do with the other...
I believe the problem is that Miyamoto is indeed making Pikmin 3, but that it isn't (or hasn't been) in full production. He pointed out at one time that there's people making Mario, people making Zelda, some people on original projects, so he's not able to get more than a few people on a time to do some Pikmin 3 stuff.

They don't just start with a full team and go "Let's up a game from the ground up, entire production team!" Pikmin 3 has been in various states of flux since that E3 where he talked about it.

apana

No, no you've got it all wrong. Link fights Dark Interlopers! Interlopers dammit!

edit: Also Zelda is actually a man in this one. I mean permanently!

Dedication Through Light said:
Nov 1..what after MW3, BF3, and UC3, I guess we have our fourth best selling game right there. Now rumors for Skyward Sword on the Wii Successor seem silly. Post story stuff doesnt sound too interesting, never really replay RPGs post story like that, and I cant see doing that for my first ever Zelda.

I'd imagine Zelda will outsell Uncharted 3

swerve

Nephiburoo = derived from katakana-english for 'navy blue'?

All evil sorcerors in the group named after eyeliner color confirmed.

The Hermit

BY2K said:
However, I find these rumors very interesting. So let's have some pre-E3 fun.

1. Skyward Sword is complete, but still needs debugging/testing.
2. There will be a demo at E3 with three different aspects of the game explored: Flying combat, overworld + sky exploration, desert dungeon.
3. Skyward Sword girl's name is "Dorella."
4. Magician from GDC trailer's name is "Nephiburoo," he'll be a part of a group of evil sorcerers who wish to obtain the Triforce.
5. Ganondorf is in the game briefly as a child. Isn't too important to the story.
6. Zelda has a new design, similar to an Egyptian princess with brown hair. She's still recognizable however.
7. Full orchestrated soundtrack by the person responsible for Super Mario Galaxy's soundtrack. (This one is actually true, but I do wonder if the poster only put this one in to make the rumors more believable.)
8. Two overworlds: Skyloft and Hyrule. Contrast is similar to Heaven and Hell.
9. Ten minute live-action prologue that'll be posted on the net a couple of months before release. (Zelda Williams Secret Shoot? Zelda is rumored to have brown hair and take on an Egyptian princess aesthetic. It COULD fit.)
10. After you complete the game, the game goes into a storyless, neverending epilogue. Every dungeon in the game gets another dungeon inside of it utilizing everything you've obtained in the game with new bosses. New areas on the overworld are unlocked in places you wouldn't expect. Similar to the original Zelda.
11. Game will feature horse riding and boat riding. Not as expansive as seen in Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, however, but a boat will be required to complete some dungeons.
12. Coming November 1st, 2011.

Note: The original 4chan post has 404'd.

Too fucking good to be true... but if it is:
nc030l.jpg

Meesh

AbsoluteZero said:
Can we start our own nonsensical rumors in this thread?
Well, an anagram for "Dorella" is A rolled, then we have "Nephiburoo" or, unripe hobo, and finally "Hyrule" or, ye hurle. I believe this outlines the basic plot surrounding Skyloft. The people(or person) simply referred to as "A" in Skyloft, kicked out (or "rolled") the famous bottle man we know in A Link to the Past where he took refuge under a bridge near Link's house. It's safe to say he became a hobo, and still remains "unripe" because he naturally bathes in the river. After Link takes his bottle, he uncorks it, setting free the dark evil stolen from Skyloft, the Nega-Triforce. Purely evil, it once resided at the very center of the Triforce where it was gaurded by the three godess virtues. Unable to hold this sickening evil the godess spirits, ye hurled,(Hyrule) which is how it came to be in the possesion of our little hobo. Now Link must find the missing shards of the Nega-Triforce hidden throughout a distorted, time shattered Hyrule and battle the unripe hobo in his new meancing form: Nephiburoo...

...yup...

radcliff

Doesn't this game take place hundreds of years before OOT? How can Ganondorf be alive at this point?

Haven't we already seen both Skyloft & Hyrule from the trailer? I didn't see any heaven/hell contrast.

Daschysta

If ten is true i'll jizz my pants enough to impregnate a whole clinic of sterile tubal ligation patients....

Oh and that other stuff is pretty sweet too, even as likely bull-shit.

I'd be curious to how nintendo handles aerial exploration though, in a way where the world is compelling enough to actually traverse on the ground without the urge to just quickly fly over it and avoiding arbitrary restrictions on where you can and cannot fly.

Blader

radcliff said:
Doesn't this game take place hundreds of years before OOT? How can Ganondorf be alive at this point?

They never said it was hundreds of years before Ocarina. Just before.

Let me in

BY2K said:
However, I find these rumors very interesting. So let's have some pre-E3 fun.
2. There will be a demo at E3 with three different aspects of the game explored: Flying combat, overworld + sky exploration, desert dungeon.
8. Two overworlds: Skyloft and Hyrule. Contrast is similar to Heaven and Hell.
11. Game will feature horse riding and boat riding. Not as expansive as seen in Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, however, but a boat will be required to complete some dungeons.
Do want.

Woffls said:
Only one that seems out of place, but the rest sounds feasible.

Actually... Robin William's daughter is doing some secret filming with Nintendo... This is confirmed, we just don't know what it's about. We're guessing Zelda since her name is Zelda, named after the game.

Pollux

But I don't want an Egyptian princess style zelda....i always pictured her as she has been....like a european princess, not a pharaoh or something. I dunno this is like the new Dante...not quite as bad but still unnecessary

Poyunch

Oh wait now I know why people weren't more pissed about number nine like me. I thought Nintendo was making that the opening. Nevermind. I might just buy into these rumors then.

Vinci

Danish
#10 would officially lead me to fly to Japan and kiss the new Zelda director on the mouth. That's how unexpected, unlikely, and awesome that is.

Oh the joys of pre E3 speculation. Truly my favorite time of year

Also these rumors are super badass. Whether or not these turn out to be true, Nintendo really has no excuse to not do grand and amazing things with this game. If they don't go all out I'll be really disappointed (and buy it and love it day 1 anyway)

Top Bottom