• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 12 |OT| LOVE FOOTBALL, PLAY FOOTBALL

Desaan said:
You'd think even if they hired one guy to do the faces, starting from the release of last years FIFA - they would have a massive chunk more realistic textured faces. It's obviously not a PFA licensing problem otherwise they wouldn't have the names and I'm pretty sure it's not because EA can't afford anyone to do it so that leaves the "We couldn't be bothered" solution.

Oh well :(

Its finding time with the club to take up a day to scan all the faces though. They set up a semi complex studio in Newcastle's in door training barn to get the squad done for FIFA 12.

Desaan

Chriswok said:
Its finding time with the club to take up a day to scan all the faces though. They set up a semi complex studio in Newcastle's in door training barn to get the squad done for FIFA 12.

Yeah but even if they can't get face to face time (hurr, hurr) to do the real life scans there are such amazing things these days called camera's and they take these things called pictures! Even a photo realistic image is better than simply not bothering at all.

Edit: In FIFA'11 I used the EA Game Face for the my pro mode, it literally took me 2 minutes to find a good front and side photograph of myself and 5 minutes to upload and generate the face, which came out pretty dam well! It even picked up small details like some of the small moles on my face. They should try using their own tools sometime.

Fry

Awesome Animals!

Albrighton looks amazing.
JIyEy.jpg

I asked for other two Villa players as well:

pVngi.jpg

S3PFc.jpg

And one for Chriswok
WW2pq.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Nile Ranger has a face but Luis Suarez doesn't? What the fuck's up with that.

Also, I can only play on manual everything and tactical defending, but fuck the CPU. So frustrating. Ambrosini totally outpaced Sanchez earlier, shit was preposterous.

Arnie

Fuck this game, Suarez is generic, ridiculous. PES is better this year anyway, this is the final nail in the coffin.

Wilbur

Banned
Arnie said:
Fuck this game, Suarez is generic, ridiculous. PES is better this year anyway, this is the final nail in the coffin.

I can't get over how automatic and manufactured PES is. Two player/Online FIFA is better than anything on the planet.

RooMHM

From the demo, this is looking to be one of the best games ever made. So enjoyable!

Could you show me some PSG stuff please? X:

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Arnie said:

You're going to buy a different game because of how a player's face looks?

Arnie

QVT said:
You're going to buy a different game because of how a player's face looks?
Are you going to read what I just wrote?

Or shall I repeat myself for your own reading comprehension deficiencies?

Fry

I can't even think about buying PES. It's horrible this gen. It was so much better than Fifa for PS2, but that haven't happened once since 2007.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Arnie said:
Are you going to read what I just wrote?

Or shall I repeat myself for your own reading comprehension deficiencies?

Sorry, you're not going to buy the game because it's not out yet and therefore you can't steal it?

Fry8 said:
Awesome Animals!

Albrighton looks amazing.
http://i.imgur.com/JIyEy.jpg[/MG]

I asked for other two Villa players as well:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pVngi.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/S3PFc.jpg[IMG]

And one for Chriswok
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WW2pq.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Bannan doesn't look right, but Marc looks awesome. Nailed it :D

Wilbur

Banned
Fry8 said:
I can't even think about buying PES. It's horrible this gen. It was so much better than Fifa for PS2, but that haven't happened once since 2007.

Pro Evo 3 was the best football game of all time.

rvy said:
lol, which demo? The 2nd one? People have different taste.

The second one, and yes but my point still stands. I genuinely can't see how anyone can put things up their bum, but people do it. Same here.

Fry

Awesome Animals said:
Bannan doesn't look right, but Marc looks awesome. Nailed it :D

I think he looks pretty good tbh. But I guess we'll have a better impression when we get a zoom on his face.

ShogunX

HixxSAFC said:
Arnie's in a mood!!1

Wolves haven't beaten you's yet, man.

Cant really blame him though can you? One of Liverpool's star players and arguably one of the best in the league when on top of his game and he looks like some random fucking dude in a Liverpool kit.

Not to mention Suarez being voted the player of the Copa America and starring in the world cup. What makes it worse is that some shite players get fully modeled faces!!

Wilbur

Banned
Shogun PaiN said:
Cant really blame him though can you? One of Liverpool's star players and arguably one of the best in the league when on top of his game and he looks like some random fucking dude in a Liverpool kit.

Not to mention Suarez being voted the player of the Copa America and starring in the world cup. What makes it worse is that some shite players get fully modeled faces!!

I agree that he definitely should. In fact, considering EA have got to the stage where they're refining rather than renovating, they should add default faces for every single Premier League/Serie A/La Liga/Bundesliga etc. player. There's no reason why they can't.

rvy

Banned
Wilbury said:
The second one, and yes but my point still stands. I genuinely can't see how anyone can put things up their bum, but people do it. Same here.
Some people find FIFA to be fake and plastic, and PES to be a realistic representation of football. Not realistic in the sense that it looks better or that the animations are better looking, but in the sense that it's closer to the real game.
Scoring a goal in PES is totally different from scoring a goal in FIFA. Hell, just look at some online compilations that FIFA players create. Some of that stuff would never happen in a football match.

ShogunX

Wilbury said:
I agree that he definitely should. In fact, considering EA have got to the stage where they're refining rather than renovating, they should add default faces for every single Premier League/Serie A/La Liga/Bundesliga etc. player. There's no reason why they can't.

Strangely enough this appeared on the EA forums.

Luis Suarez Face video

Actually looks like him on that so who knows whats going on.

Wilbur

Banned
rvy said:
Some people find FIFA to be fake and plastic, and PES to be a realistic representation of football. Not realistic in the sense that it looks better or that the animations are better looking, but in the sense that it's closer to the real game.
Scoring a goal in PES is totally different from scoring a goal in FIFA. Hell, just look at some online compilations that FIFA players create. Some of that stuff would never happen in a football match.

I know, it's worse. But each to their own.

painey

I wanna know if any West Ham players have proper faces.. maybe Carlton Cole, Rob Green, Kevin Nolan, Matt Taylor ?

Wilbur

Banned
chesspieceface said:
From the closing comments : "More importantly, is FIFA 12 the best football game in the world? I don't think so. But I'd put it in my top one."

WAT?

Brian Clough quote.

Qatar

chesspieceface said:
From the closing comments : "More importantly, is FIFA 12 the best football game in the world? I don't think so. But I'd put it in my top one."

WAT?
maybe he meant that the some people prefer the previous installments, is he the same guy who reviewed fifa 11 on IGN?

Wilbur

Banned
Qatar said:
maybe he meant that the some people prefer the previous installments, is he the same guy who reviews fifa 11 on IGN?

No, Brian Clough once said he wasn't the best manager in the world, but he was in the top one.

painey

chesspieceface said:

WAT?

"I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one."

prostars-PRO1415.jpg

rvy

Banned
Wilbury said:
I know, it's worse. But each to their own.
Exactly, I know I'm buying FIFA this year. And I should have never bought PES 2010 instead of FIFA 2010, regardless of my issues with the animation, the AI in PES was just horrible.

Meier

Boo at The Vaccines not being on the US version. :mad: I only hope that the replacements in Clubs aren't as utter shit as last year.. it really makes it unfair if you're outnumbered significantly by the other team.

I am assuming the tuning is referring to Clubs point values primarily and not necessarily number of active players at time.

Arnie

QVT said:
Sorry, you're not going to buy the game because it's not out yet and therefore you can't steal it?
I'll brush off your attempt to disguise your own stupidity by playing into thoughtless stereotypes and save you from that hole you're digging.

I'm not buying the game because PES plays a better game of football thanks to the vastly superior AI in all areas of the pitch. You can keep your physics. You can keep your kits. You can keep your faces. I just want to play football.

Top Bottom