• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 12 |OT| LOVE FOOTBALL, PLAY FOOTBALL

adelante

GeTBN.gif

titles-core.jpg

bullet.jpg
PLAYER IMPACT ENGINE
Two years in development, the new physics engine is built to deliver real-world physicality in every interaction on the pitch. Experience an infinite variety of natural and believable
outcomes in every contact. Players feel more resilient on the ball, push and pull during the fight for possession, and recover from light challenges more easily, preserving their
natural momentum.

bullet.jpg
TACTICAL DEFENDING
Re-designed defending mechanism fundamentally changes the approach to defending by placing equal importance on positioning, intercepting passes and tackling at the right moment.
Tactics and timing are crucial.

bullet.jpg
TRUE INJURIES
The Player Impact Engine monitors contact between players in real-time, analyzing the force of the collision and impact on the body to detect real injuries, creating a deeper more
challenging Career Mode. Manage new types of injuries and the risk of sending a player onto the pitch who isn’t fully healed.

bullet.jpg
PRO PLAYER INTELLIGENCE
CPU players have been infused with self-awareness and aptitude, enabling them to make decisions based on their own skills as well as the strengths and attributes of their teammates.
Players who possess exceptional vision, for example, will see opportunities for through balls that other players won’t. Real Madrid’s Kaká will be more likely to pick out a run from a
teammate farther away than a player with poorer vision. Additionally, teams will vary their attack based on the strengths of their players on the pitch, and the weaknesses of opposing
players, creating a more authentic experience and greater variety of matches.

bullet.jpg
PRECISION DRIBBLING
Enjoy new ways to take on opponents, more time on the ball to make decisions, and complete control of the pace of the game. Utilize close dribble touches in tight spaces, on the wings,
and even while fending off an opponent.

bullet.jpg
GAMEPLAY SLIDERS
EA are introducing sliders this year to allow you to customise your own experience. Each slider can be changed for both the user and CPU teams seperately and can be done, on the fly, mid match.

• Sprint Speed
    Modifies the maximum sprint speed a team can reach.
  • Acceleration
    Modifies the time it takes for a teams player to reach their maximum speed.
  • Shot Error
    Increases/Reduces the amount of error applied to a teams normal shots.
    This doesn’t affect other types of shots (i.e finesse).
  • Pass Error
    Increases/Reduces the amount of error applied to a teams ground passes.
    This does not affect other types of passes.
  • Shot Speed
    Increases/reduces the amount of speed applied to a teams normal shots.
    This doesn’t affect other types of shots (i.e finesse).
  • Pass Speed
    Increases/reduces the amount of speed applied to a teams ground passes.
    This doesn’t affect other types of passes.
  • Injury Frequency
    Increases/reduces the frequency that injuries occur within a team.
  • Injury Severity
    When a player from a team gets an injury, this will increase/reduce the severity.
  • Goalkeeper Ability
    Increases/reduces the saving ability of the goalkeeper.
  • Positioning: Marking
    Increases/decreases how tightly the defenders mark their opponents.
  • Positioning: Run frequency
    Increases/decreases the number of runs teammates will make.
  • Positioning: Line height
    Specifies how high/low the defensive line will positions themselves for a team.
  • Positioning: Line Length
    Specifies how stretched or compact the team will try to keep their line for the pitch.
  • Positioning: Line width
    Specifies how stretched or compact the team will try to keep for the width of the pitch.
  • Positioning: Fullback Positioning
    Increases/decreases how far the teams fullbacks will push forward.
  • Power bar
    Modifies how quickly/slowly the power bar fills up when you request any type of pass or shot.

VIDEO FEATURES/TRAILER SEGMENTS:

titles-career.jpg

titles-footballclub.jpg

VIDEO FEATURE

IN-DEPTH PREVIEW:

"So why did we decide to create EA SPORTS Football Club? We really see it as the next level of the connected, socially engaging experience that’s been at the heart of FIFA for some
time. Right now, millions of fans play FIFA online every week, connecting and competing with their friends and rivals around the world in head-to-head matches, Online Team Play,
Career Mode, and Tournaments. And beyond the console, more than 4 million people visit easportsfootball.com every month, where they post videos of their greatest goals, create
and download items from Creation Centre, manage their Ultimate Teams, track their Leaderboards, and share accomplishments with the rest of the world. This has shown us how
connected people want to be to their FIFA game, and how their passion for the sport drives their love of FIFA.
"

LINK: http://www.ea.com/uk/football/news/easfc-2

CAREER MODE TWITTER Q&A:

LINK: https://www.ea.com/uk/football/news/fifa12-humber-qa-02

titles-head2head.jpg

IN-DEPTH PREVIEW:

Head to Head Seasons focuses on you, your season, and your division. There are 10 divisions to progress through, with 10 games per season to try to get promoted (and avoid
relegation). Points are simple: 3 points for a win, and 1 for a draw; every game without points hurts your campaign.

LINK: http://www.ea.com/uk/football/news/fifa-12-online-2

titles-onlinefriendlies.jpg

IN-DEPTH PREVIEW:

Of course, despite the popularity of ranked play online, a big part of FIFA is playing friends. Personally, I had many ‘friendlies’ in FIFA 11 online that provided me some of my favorite
moments with the game with nothing to show for it. Not so in FIFA 12! We had a simple concept: Provide a quick and easy way to play friends online, but track the results and make
it feel like football.

titles-ultimate.jpg

FREE WEB APP:

FIFA Ultimate Team Web (FUT Web) is a free FIFA 12 extension to your console experience. FUT Web allows you to manage all your squads and optimize the chemistry of your line-ups
anywhere you’re connected to the internet. So show-off your squads or go for Team of the Week players, even when you’re away from your console. FUT Web is free to anyone who
owns a copy of FIFA Soccer 12. Get started now!

LINK: https://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team

titles-gameface.jpg

PLAY AS YOURSELF IN FIFA SOCCER 12:

Ever wanted to play as yourself in EA SPORTS games? Set up your EA SPORTS Game Face 3D avatar today and import your real face in to FIFA Soccer 12! Just upload a photograph
of yourself on to easportsfootball.com's Game Face Creator application and create a lifelike 3D avatar for your EA SPORTS account. Then turn on your FIFA Soccer 12 game and
download your avatar's face onto your FIFA Soccer 12 Virtual Pro character. Become your Virtual Pro - Play as yourself in FIFA Soccer 12.

LINK: https://www.ea.com/uk/football/game-face

titles-creation.jpg

IN-DEPTH GUIDE TO WHAT'S NEW (AND FREE):

Suffice to say that everything you built or used in Creation Centre for FIFA 11 will remain, be improved and extended, and continue to be free of charge. However, we are also adding
a range of premium options, such as the ability to upload your own shirt sponsor images, for the serious Creators out there. These extra services will require the purchase of in-console
downloadable Packs.

LINK: http://www.ea.com/uk/news/fifa12-creation-centre-02

FREE WEB APP:

Creation Centre in FIFA 12 is bigger and better than ever. Everything in FIFA 11 is back, but now includes premium content allowing for more customization, including the uploading of
kit sponsor and crest images, Career Mode integration, in-game overlays, 3rd kits, licensed players and teams, international teams, Tournament Mode support, and more. Creation
Centre gives you more freedom to build and share on web, and more ways to integrate your content into FIFA 12.

LINK: https://www.ea.com/uk/football/creation-centre

titles-pro-clubs.jpg

NO NEW FEATURES, JUST MINOR ADJUSTMENTS:

With such a big focus on making two new modes in Head to Head Seasons and Online Friendlies, we made a conscious decision to avoid major feature work in Pro Clubs and instead
focus on bug fixes, tuning, and testing. The incredible popularity of FIFA 11 and the complexity of Online Team Play at times made for a difficult year, and for FIFA 12 the efforts we’ve
made to Clubs –both in the game and on the servers - should make for a much better experience all around. Stability and exploits are a key focus for us so that games are an enjoyable
experience and fair for all involved. Secondly, we worked with a few members of the community on ‘little things’ like bugs and Virtual Pro accomplishments and unlocks that I think you will notice.

CONFIRMED TWEAKS:
  • New and edited VP accomplishments. Eg, mids can now earn some defensive accomplishments.
  • Club invites/requests appear on main menu (not lost in player hub).
  • Friends Records has a dedicated screen.
  • More player stats in Clubs for mids/defenders.
  • New My Pro menu in clubs for easy access to editing pro and viewing accomplishments.
  • Top speed for small pros has been dialled back a touch.
  • Added some long term, tough-to-get VP accomplishments for the hardcore fans out there.
  • Tuned unlocks so that the cooler items are obtainable by better players (shoes, gear, etc.)
  • Tuned some of the accomplishments, and added a few new ones around lay-off passes.
  • Better reskinned hub screen. Bigger area.
  • Tuned matchmaking to prevent games between clubs too far apart.
  • Pro Clubs locked to Tactical Defending
titles-commentary.jpg

bullet.jpg
TWO BROADCAST TEAMS WILL BE FEATURED:

commentators.jpg

bullet.jpg
ARABIC COMMENTARY (AND MENUS)

Announcement video by Peter Moore, President of EA Sports: http://youtu.be/KI2XUtP5GTA?hd=1

titles-soundtrack.jpg

OFFICIAL TRACK LIST:

ARTIST • SONG • COUNTRY

Alex Metric & Steve Angello • Open Your Eye • England/Sweden
All Mankind • Break The Spell • Australia
Architecture In Helsinki • Escapee • Australia
Bloco Bleque / Gabriel O Pensador • So Tem Jogador • Brazil
Chase & Status • No Problem • England
Crystal Castles / Robert Smith • Not In Love • Canada/England
CSS • Hits Me Like A Rock • Brazil
Cut Copy • Where I’m Going • Australia
Digitalism • Circles • Germany
DJ Raff • Latino & Proud • Chile
El Guincho • Bombay (Fresh Touch Dub Mix) • Spain
Empresarios • Sabor Tropical • USA
Foster The People • Call It What You Want • USA
GIVERS • Up Up Up • USA
Glasvegas • The World Is Yours • Scotland
Graffiti6 • Stare Into The Sun • England
Grouplove • Colours (Captain Cutz Remix) • USA
Japanese Popstars • Let Go • England
Kasabian • Switchblade Smiles • England
La Vida Boheme • El Buen Salvaje • Venezuela
Little Dragon • NightLight • England
Macaco • Una Sola Voz • Spain
Marteria / Yasha • Verstrahlt • Germany
Monarchy • The Phoenix Alive (Kris Menace Remix) • England
Pint Shot Riot • Twisted Soul • England
Portugal. The Man • Got It All (This Can’t Be Living Now) • USA
Rock Mafia • The Big Bang • USA
Spank Rock • Energy • USA
The Chain Gang Of 1974 • Hold On • USA
The Hives • Thousand Answers • Sweden
The Medics • City • Holland
The Naked & Famous • Punching In A Dream • New Zealand
The Strokes • Machu Picchu • USA
The Ting Tings • Hands • England
The Vaccines • Wreckin’ Bar (Ra Ra Ra) • England
Thievery Corporation • Stargazer • England
Tittsworth & Alvin Risk / Maluca • La Campana • USA/Portugal
TV On The Radio • Will Do • USA
Tying Tiffany • Drownin’ • Italy

SITE WITH ITUNES DOWNLOAD LINKS: http://www.fifasoundtrack.com/fifa12soundtrack.htm

titles-pc.jpg

bullet.jpg
FIFA 12 WILL HAVE IDENTICAL FEATURE SET ON PC, 360 and PS3

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz / Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5600+ (Dual core processor /Core duo 2 or better)

RAM: 2 GB

GFX: ATI RADEON HD 2900 / NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GS

GFX RAM: DirectX® 9.0c Compatible 3D accelerated 256 MB video card or equivalent (must support Shader Model 3.0 or above).

DirextX: DX 9​

titles-season-ticket.jpg

Electronic Arts Inc. announced today the launch of EA SPORTS™ Season Ticket*, an all-new program that provides premium benefits for a better gaming experience on four participating
EA SPORTS titles. With an annual fee of 2000 Microsoft Points, subscribers will receive four all-new program benefits: access to play all participating EA SPORTS games via a full-game
digital download three days before consumers have the option to purchase a disc at retail launch; a 20-percent discount on downloadable game content; free premium web content; and
membership recognition.

bullet.jpg
Early Full-Game Digital Access:
Three days before a game’s scheduled release, fans will be able to download and play the full version of all four participating titles on Xbox 360. After
three days, the digitally downloaded game will time out and consumers have the option to purchase the same full game on disc at retail. EA SPORTS Season Ticket subscribers can transfer
all achievements earned during the three-day download period to the purchased disc, resulting in an early edge over the competition.

bullet.jpg
Discounted Downloadable Content:
Subscribers will get a 20-percent discount on all available downloadable content for participating EA SPORTS titles. Downloadable content, which
enhances and refreshes the core game experience, includes such items as Ultimate Team packs, accelerator packs and gear upgrades.

bullet.jpg
Free Premium Web Content:
Premium web content extends the game experience beyond the console to a web browser. All participating titles will feature premium web content that
will be free to EA SPORTS Season Ticket members beginning with the premium Creation Centre packs for FIFA 12. These packs provide a deeper set of customization tools and abilities
within Creation Centre to build your own teams and tournaments, and will be available to the consumer until the membership to the program has expired.

bullet.jpg
Membership Recognition:
Subscribers are easily identifiable with an exclusive membership recognition badge displayed both in-game and on their EASPORTS.com profile.

FULL PRESS RELEASE HERE: http://www.ea.com/uk/news/easeasonticket-02

HOW TO GET EA SPORTS SEASON TICKET: http://www.ea.com/uk/news/fifa12-season-ticket-exclusives-02

titles-covers.jpg

InertiaXr

Does anybody know how the PC version is? After Tiger Woods 12 I'm not sure I believe the 'same feature set' that EA says it will have with the console versions...

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
InertiaXr said:
Does anybody know how the PC version is? After Tiger Woods 12 I'm not sure I believe the 'same feature set' that EA says it will have with the console versions...
The demo was good. Basically the same as the console version.

adelante

InertiaXr said:
LOl the shit that happened with Tiger Woods 12 is fucked up, but rest assured, this won't be a repeat of that. PC builds were everywhere at Gamescom (and other public playtest locations) and their official site even states "For the first time ever, FIFA Soccer 12 on PC features the award-winning gameplay and modes identical to PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360®, powered by the all-new Player Impact Engine."

EDIT: Added in several promo videos to the OP :D

adelante

i'm so excites too!! GAH if it werent for Gears I'd be putting more hours into the demo each day til the game's release!

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
I prefer Chico gracing the NA cover over landycakes anyday. Everyone likes chico!
:D

Anyways, gonna see if I can pre-order it this weekend and hopefully get that dream team bonus thang at gamestop.

vall03

ugh... Its Rooney and Kaka again in the Generic cover which is usually used in Asia... *sigh*

anyway, still can't decide whether to get this on PC or PS3...

BlazeDSM

Finally got to play the demo today, I thought it was decent. Fifa 11 is the first futbol came I have ever played and loved it. I will be picking this up, day one.

I'm really uncertain about the game after the demo. And no, I think the tactical defending is fine. The pass and move mechanics and AI in the demo didn't feel like it had progressed from last year.

Socreges

Banned
Has the two-man press been removed? Looks like it's been replaced with a more complicated system. Probably a good thing, but I'll have to change my game a fair bit now.

LabouredSubterfuge said:
I'm really uncertain about the game after the demo. And no, I think the tactical defending is fine. The pass and move mechanics and AI in the demo didn't feel like it had progressed from last year.

The tweaks are ever so slight but the whole results feel much newer, just as with FIFA 10 -> FIFA 11.

I'm still undecided about the tactical defending. I spent the whole night playing the game (the final version) and while I get the idea about it, I'm not sure if it's more fun.

Can't say more though...

adelante

Thanks for the kind words fellas....added in a list of Gameplay Sliders to the OP. I think this will be a much discussed feature considering everybody will probably have different slider settings to accommodate various playing styles/preferences so don't forget to share them out here!

PES diehard here since ISS Pro 98, but this manager mode in FIFA 12 has me really interested. Master League is the biggest draw, for me, to PES so to have something similar makes FIFA tempting. There's not really the time in my life for two football games, but FIFA is definitely impressing this PES fan this year.

Grassy

Nice OP, looking forward to next week!
One thing that pissed me off with FIFA 11 was when you got job offers in Management mode you couldn't be Player-Manager and your Virtual Pro disappeared. Has this been fixed/changed?

EDIT: Just saw the Gameplay sliders, it will be interesting to see what combinations people come up with to provide the best gameplay/challenge. Looks to be a great addition.

adelante

Grassy said:
Nice OP, looking forward to next week!
One thing that pissed me off with FIFA 11 was when you got job offers in Management mode you couldn't be Player-Manager and your Virtual Pro disappeared. Has this been fixed/changed?
Yea a lot of people complained about that...no idea if they've fixed it but this part from a preview article stood out for me (not in a positive way):

One of our gripes with FIFA 11's mode was how CPU teams tended to loan out their experienced first-team regulars, and these sorts of shortcomings were still painfully apparent during our hands-on. When we booted up a game as a player manager in the FIFA 12 build, our board of directors suggested that we loan out a young hopeful for more match experience when that young hopeful just happened to be our Virtual Pro. Unfortunately there was no option to respond to their suggestion with the remark, 'Are you drunk or stupid?'.

http://www.totalvideogames.com/FIFA-12/preview-16589.html

Arnie

Would've bought day one had the AI not been awful, I actually really like tactical defending. I just find it really awkward how slow your team adjusts and moves to find space, especially compared to PES. It's that pass and move style which gives the sense of football, not physics or licensed kits.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Give it to meeeeeeeeee. God damn it, cant wait anymore.

Lakitu

st5fu
Going to have to wait until next year or sometime later this year. Too many damn games. I'll still be playing FIFA 11 though. Nice OP.

MPW

NA gets it 27th while UK gets it on the 30th :D

awesome thread op

i really like the uk tv ad

BatmanBatmanBatman said:
No MGMT on the soundtrack = Better game than last year.

dat hate!

moai

Did they finally fixed the fact that you can't see your club teammates virtual pro face? Why have an option to download them if you can't see them.

Top Bottom