• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 12 |OT| LOVE FOOTBALL, PLAY FOOTBALL

I like how last year when Chelsea were champions we got the white Premier League patches like everybody else. Now MUFC are champs it's gold patches ahoy.

rvy

Banned
sneaky77 said:
why? too high?
ando0cxo.gif

elsk said:
Feels a little different than the demo (expected, I guess). I played like 3-4 matches so far, so no real big impressions so far. I'll try to play some Career Mode in an hour or so and post some impressions about that.

1) I don't know, looks like all the awesome lighting in the demo is gone. Also new animations, like when you sub a player in the demo, are gone (from what I have seen so far). Graphics look more like FIFA 11, than FIFA 12 Demo. Demo looks more sharp also.

2) I'll try to play at Old Trafford after Honduras U23 - Costa Rica U23 match ends :)

And Yes, Ibra samurai is in the retail game. Btw, a lot of people in the online-mode are playing a "Early version of FIFA 12" wtf?

If you pay for the EA Season Ticket, you get access to a downloadable copy of the retail game the Friday before it hits stores. People with the early access version can only play other people with the same version. Once the game it's store shelves, the downloadable copy stops working and you have to go out and buy the retail disk version to keep playing.

k0ji-wd

QVT said:
Long time no see, Bushedaddy.

oh shit, lol forgot about that guy
haveagoodnightguys

I wanna know about the Whitecaps because I seem to remember them partnering up with EA or something. . .so if they got that tech then there's a chance that SUPERSTAR CHINESE STRIKER LONG TAN could have an accurate face model in the game, which would make him the first and probably only Chinese player to ever get one, HOOOOOOOOOOOOLLER.

Awesome Animals said:
I'm sure Landon Donovan is the only MLS player with face scanning. Hi k0ji. Missed you :)

Can't say the feeling is mutual. . .^_^

iloveu

Carbonox

Fry8 said:

Loving Gutierrez hair. :D

So awesome. Less than a week now. Can't wait to tear shit up with Sammy Ameobi.

If only Barton stayed then he would have got an accurate portrayal of his Hitler hair.

k0ji-wd said:
oh shit, lol forgot about that guy
haveagoodnightguys

I wanna know about the Whitecaps because I seem to remember them partnering up with EA or something. . .so if they got that tech then there's a chance that SUPERSTAR CHINESE STRIKER LONG TAN could have an accurate face model in the game, which would make him the first and probably only Chinese player to ever get one, HOOOOOOOOOOOOLLER.

Can't say the feeling is mutual. . .^_^

iloveu

SOMEONE GET THIS MAN SOME WHITECAPS INFORMATION!

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Awesome Animals said:
Someone talk me out of purchasing season ticket...

Your progress doesn't carry over, and nobody else has it so you can't play clubs anyway. Some real dirty shit EA pulled with this one though.

k0ji-wd

k0ji-wd said:

Remember this shit?! I found a stack of pics from FIFA 11 gaf clubs while cleaning up my folders, lol. Can't belive youtube put an ad on that video.

good luck with clubs this year dudess!

So I've been playing this for about...10 hours straight. Bought the season pass because having it 7 days early is actually (kinda) worth the money. 3 days was a rip off.

I really think this is a massive step up from FIFA 11. The game forces you to think more carefully about how you approach the opposition when they have the ball, once you get used to the controls and the mechanics of defending it really becomes incredibly rewarding and feels much more authentic. I play the game much more methodically than I played FIFA 11, which you could pretty much just run around and do what you want in (to an extent, obviously not against great players, etc) and not worry too much about reclaiming the ball. Possession actually means something in this game It's really fun.

I've been playing the career mode, which I never really bothered with in previous games. It's not bad. Kinda makes me wanna play Football Manager, but that's not a bad thing. Gonna try out some online play later tonight I think.

Messi

butter_stick said:
So I've been playing this for about...10 hours straight. Bought the season pass because having it 7 days early is actually (kinda) worth the money. 3 days was a rip off.

I really think this is a massive step up from FIFA 11. The game forces you to think more carefully about how you approach the opposition when they have the ball, once you get used to the controls and the mechanics of defending it really becomes incredibly rewarding and feels much more authentic. I play the game much more methodically than I played FIFA 11, which you could pretty much just run around and do what you want in (to an extent, obviously not against great players, etc) and not worry too much about reclaiming the ball. Possession actually means something in this game It's really fun.

I've been playing the career mode, which I never really bothered with in previous games. It's not bad. Kinda makes me wanna play Football Manager, but that's not a bad thing. Gonna try out some online play later tonight I think.

How big is the download?

JWong

Banned
Awesome Animals said:
wait...so I don't gain anything from leveling up my vPro?
VPro data is tied to the save files, which means everything should be carried over if the save files work on the retail as well.

zou

Anyone else having issues with shots being ignored? In the previous game I had 3 instances where I kept trying to get the player to shoot for the last 20-25 feet and in all cases I ended up getting the ball snatched by the goal keeper and the player never even attempted to shoot.

I've had something similar happen in fifa 11 but never this bad or this often.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Soi-Fong said:
Like I said in the previous page, can anybody here start up a PS3 GAF group or another thread?

Second this. I'd do it, but I am currently busy with a Frozen Synapse tournament that we can hopefully finish within a few weeks. Coordinating that and a GAF PS3 Fifa group would be a bit much right now.

Soi-Fong

Toma said:
Second this. I'd do it, but I am currently busy with a Frozen Synapse tournament that we can hopefully finish within a few weeks. Coordinating that and a GAF PS3 Fifa group would be a bit much right now.

Just start up something. Anything, even small. Doesn't have to be fancy. This is BS PS3 users practically have to beg to have an official group.

http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/94655655

WrathOfOtaibah said:
Is it possible to buy this game at retail right now?

If you are lucky to find a shop that is willing to sell it. Retail Shops have it, just won't sell it. Try finding a local shop, and not a gamestop or the like. Good Luck

Soi-Fong said:
Just start up something. Anything, even small. Doesn't have to be fancy. This is BS PS3 users practically have to beg to have an official group.

All three of you.

zou

Brilliant, just conceded two goals because of the awesome new collision model. In both cases after I got the ball from the attacker, my player dropped face down and wouldn't get up for the next few seconds...

wth..

sneaky77

Soi-Fong said:

Have to beg? All it takes is someone with a PS3 to start it.. if no one steps up to it then there must not be all that much interest

Probably clocked about 8 hours into the early release, and I love it.

Much better than 11 once you get used to it.

+ Great presentation
+ Fills you in on updates from your friends online and offline careers, games, etc.
+ Impact engine brings the lulz
+ Waaaay more realistic animations
+ Slower, more developed pace
+ Online friendlies (keeps track of you and your friends games in 'seasons,' really cool)
+ Online seasons (head-to-head is also in seasons, you get moved up in leagues as you advance)
+ Leveling system (unlike useless EA points you have a leveling system that unlocks shit in the game)
+ Lots of newbs online that can't defend thanks to overhaul

- Shitty ass fouls (thanks to new Impact Engine, you get some silly fucking fouls, will induce rage when you knick a player in the box and lose a game because of it)
- Shitty ass AI (defensive AI needs a major overhaul)

edit: Precision Dribbling is GODSEND!

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Have they fixed the glitches with defending through passes and is the computer still faster and stronger than you no matter what? I seriously don't think I can play this game with the AI cheating at that demo's level. There's no legitimacy at all. It's like playing against dbag jesus.

k0ji-wd

Soi-Fong said:
What the heck does that mean?

dude, every year people try to start ps3 fifa gaf, but it always fails. Last year we had like 25+ for Clubs and multiple leagues on 360, ps3 had like. . .nothing?

good luck but i doubt it's going to work out.

Messi

I can't do anything with the precision dribbling. When I hold lb my player turns in a tank and all I can do is spin no awesome skill moves ect. What am I doing wrong?

Top Bottom