• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 12 |OT| LOVE FOOTBALL, PLAY FOOTBALL

psilva

Love the new defending. Takes some time to get used to but definitely rewarding once you do. Although I made the mistake of coming home drunk and playing a handful of games -- I raged as the computer kept beating me with stupid goals caused by me messing up with tactical defending hahaha.

Like last year, no Brazil jerseys. Yeah yeah, I'm sure most of you don't care, but it sucks when you don't have your national team's kit in the game. The lack of jerseys is going hand in hand with the team performing terribly in real life!

Saty

Any 'consistent' difference in the type of shots? Yeah, B+LB is always chips, +RB is a finesse shot that curls the trajectory, but what about just pressing B or +RT and +LT.

LT+B does a trick shot, but it doesn't always, and what if your player isn't skilled enough. Is there still a difference between kicking with B only versus holding one of the triggers?

I thought maybe one of them forces to use the weaker foot or to kick with the outside of the foot but it doesn't seem to be so.

SumGamer

Messi said:
I can't do anything with the precision dribbling. When I hold lb my player turns in a tank and all I can do is spin no awesome skill moves ect. What am I doing wrong?

I think it doesn't supposed to be used to move but rather to precisely choose direction in which you would like to move while keeping hold of the ball. Say you want to attempt to dribble pass the middle of two defenders, by holding LB, you can then turn and keep the ball close to you instead of tapping away like it used to in FIFA11. Try to only used it in the split second that you really want to lure defender to attempt to take the ball from you.

I could be wrong though, not getting the full game yet. I think another reason it's there is to make the chip shot over the keeper or the one-to-pass harder to execute.

ShogunX

Anybody checked out the Ultimate Team 12 web app yet?

Just been looking through the player ratings and EA are so out of touch with some of them that it's pretty unreal.

Carbonox

Can someone clarify something for me please? I saw in some places that there will be a patch on release day, rectifying some of the player ratings. Is this actually true? I mean, I look at teams like Newcastle and EA haven't really bothered at all or made accurate player ratings. It's ludicrous.

Nemic77

Carbonox_Ratchet said:
Can someone clarify something for me please? I saw in some places that there will be a patch on release day, rectifying some of the player ratings. Is this actually true? I mean, I look at teams like Newcastle and EA haven't really bothered at all or made accurate player ratings. It's ludicrous.

That would be very nice... Don't agree with some of Bayern's ratings either.

JWong

Banned
Carbonox_Ratchet said:
Player ratings aren't patched. They are changed through the squad download. So ratings could change very often, though I doubt it'll be drastic changes.

The only ratings that don't change are FUT cards for obvious reasons.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm really tempted to buy this but every time I go to pre-order it I remember the atrocious AI and hideous Tottenham player likenesses. Is the movement off the ball still as awful as it was in the demo?

Fry

Ushojax said:
I'm really tempted to buy this but every time I go to pre-order it I remember the atrocious AI and hideous Tottenham player likenesses. Is the movement off the ball still as awful as it was in the demo?

Tottenham's team is very good this year. Many faces and good ratings.

ShogunX

Carbonox_Ratchet said:

Doubt it. Liverpool fans moaned and moaned about Mascherano being a 78 CDM when he was at Liverpool and EA decided to ignore us. A year later he goes to Barcelona and was magically an 84........This year? 86.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Fry8 said:
Tottenham's team is very good this year. Many faces and good ratings.

I don't know, there's a few decent faces but key players like Assou-Ekotto, Dawson and Kaboul look completely wrong, whereas some, like Modric and Bale, have fairly accurate likenesses. This is one area where PES shits all over FIFA. The player faces are always superior and there are way more of them.

JWong

Banned
Ushojax said:
I don't know, there's a few decent faces but key players like Assou-Ekotto, Dawson and Kaboul look completely wrong, whereas some, like Modric and Bale, have fairly accurate likenesses. This is one area where PES shits all over FIFA. The player faces are always superior and there are way more of them.
Ehhh not sure about that.

Seeing have the ManU squad in PES and half of them are atrocious. And FIFA has way more star heads. It just doesn't seem that way because PES has very little teams with all of them as star heads.

Fry8 said:
Which ones for example?

I think most of the Bayern ratings are spot on tbh.

Lahm and Schweinsteiger are under-rated. Lahm is the best left-back in the world right now, and Schweini's definitely in the top 5 central midfielders.

Fry

Hasphat'sAnts said:
Lahm and Schweinsteiger are under-rated. Lahm is the best left-back in the world right now, and Schweini's definitely in the top 5 central midfielders.

Yeh but aren't both 87? That's pretty fucking good ;)

I don't know if there's a full back higher than 87. I don't even think Cole as overrated as he is, is above 86. Evra is 85, I think.

Fry8 said:
Yeh but aren't both 87? That's pretty fucking good ;)

I don't know if there's a full back higher than 87. I don't even think Cole as overrated as he is, is above 86. Evra is 85, I think.

I thought Schweini was 85? That's a point higher than Mark van Bommel and a point lower than Clarence Seedorf from the demo.

Fry

Hasphat'sAnts said:
I thought Schweini was 85? That's a point higher than Mark van Bommel and a point lower than Clarence Seedorf from the demo.

Isn't MvB 82 and Seedorf 80?

Fry

Hasphat'sAnts said:
Went back and checked. I'm a moron.

Although, Mascherano at 86 is pretty dumb.

:p

Yeah, but he's in the Barca squad. Of course he's going to go up. Typical

Fry

Hasphat'sAnts said:
But Busquets is rated 82 and he's miles ahead of Mascherano. Makes no sense.

It's because reputation still gives them a higher rating, even though they aren't performing like they did 2, 3 years ago. See Lampard, Gerrard, Torres, etc.

It's kind of stupid, they never change that.

Fry

Nemic77 said:
Mostly in defense. Boateng and Rafinha could be rated a bit higher... Especially Boateng.

Yes I agree. Attack and midfield are superb, but Boateng and Badstuber are rated a little unfairly. It will be Bayern's only weakness on the game.

But the midfield makes up for it.

MPW

some madrid players are underrated, espeically ozil

gerrard and lampard rated higher than ozil, smh EA

casillas and di maria faces don't look right

From a few weeks ago:

- FIFA Soccer Blog: Why EA Should Remove The OVR
Players overall ratings (OVR) in FIFA games are the catalyst for an immeasurable number of forum arguments and community disagreements. Suarez should be this; Rooney should be that. OVR’s start so many disputes and are so inherently flawed that there’s a real case in my opinion for them being removed from FIFA all together.
More via the link.

JWong

Banned
Yes, OVR doesn't represent the player well when in comparison to other players.

80-86 is where most stars land. Only players like Ronaldo and Messi go beyond that.

Messi said:
I can't do anything with the precision dribbling. When I hold lb my player turns in a tank and all I can do is spin no awesome skill moves ect. What am I doing wrong?

Precision dribbling is more about creating space to make a pass or throw a defender off. I don't really use it to do a skill move

Fry

Hasphat'sAnts said:

My friend who got the game just told me Lahm and Bastian are 87. Ribery 88 and Robben 90.

Gomez is 86 as is Neuer. Pretty fucking good!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Rikkun said:
I hate you.

For having the game, and for PS3.

Nice for Vidal.

Fake PS: You're in the UK amirite? :(

My friend bought it from the US actually :p I'm planning to get the 360 version eventually for a few friends as well.

Mitra Matri got a nice buff to 81.

zsidane

Full arabic localization is gonna be HUGE. Too bad it seems only middle east will be part of the party! Time to import from Dubai lol

Rikkun

Yurt said:
My friend bought it from the US actually :p I'm planning to get the 360 version eventually for a few friends as well.

Mitra Matri got a nice buff to 81.
nnnnice.
I'll have to wait until Friday, hopefully someone will break the dayone since I'll be at home until saturday :(

Top Bottom