• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 12 Online Clubs (Xbox 360)

Meier

woodchuck said:
Dallas also just got In N Out couple months ago
!!! Nice, I'm planning on going for the State Fair and/or the Cowboys/Fins Thanksgiving game. Girlfriend is a big Fins fan.

woodchuck

Menelaus said:
We have 3 members of DFW-GAF in clubs? Mind blown.

where in dfw are you from? I grew up in Plano, went to school in Austin, and live near uptown now.

Meier said:
!!! Nice, I'm planning on going for the State Fair and/or the Cowboys/Fins Thanksgiving game. Girlfriend is a big Fins fan.

Are you coming up for Texas/OU or just for the fair? If it's the latter, definitely don't go during Texas/OU weekend since it's going to be packed.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
What is DFW-GAF's favorite essay? I know it's predictable, but I gotta go with "A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again."

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
AstroLad said:
What is DFW-GAF's favorite essay? I know it's predictable, but I gotta go with "A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again."

I hate that overrated piece of shit. My favorite essay is when the right-wing radio station guy trolls him for being a salesman instead of an author.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
QVT said:
I hate that overrated piece of shit.
Hipster-Dog-Is-Here.jpg

Slizz

If still accepting bids;

Slizz|DemKillerCANES|Eastern(FL)|Any

My guy is a CF, but I look to actually give my Virtual Pro an effort this year so I plan on making him a good defender as well, so hopefully I'll have a decent all around player.

omgkitty

omgkitty | KillerEldiablo | East Coast (TN) | CM, CDM, LM, RM, LB, RB

I like to play a lot of positions haha. I usually switch my players position a lot during my season so I get stats everywhere, but I usually seem to excel in the Xabi Alonso type role.

Menelaus

Banned
omgkitty said:
You put me on GAF West and as a CB haha
It's a rough outline. East is already busting at the seams. I'll leave you on west unless you have someone in East you were wanting to play with.

omgkitty

Menelaus said:
It's a rough outline. West is already busting at the seams. I'll leave you on west unless you have someone in East you were wanting to play with.

That's fine. I have never played with anyone from GAF before so this will be a new experience for me.

Menelaus said:
updated op with formation chart for GAF-East (come up with a club name, guys =P)

sneaky77 said:
EAST Gaf will be named "I've Got This" in honor of Vis

Sneaky is the captain, I like his choice:

"I Got This FC" sounds about right :) and I better be the designated free kick taker...

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
omgkitty said:
That's fine. I have never played with anyone from GAF before so this will be a new experience for me.

Tennessee isn't really that East so this is fine, especially considering how thin we are in defense. I can't wait for our friendly matches. Me vs Viz. Sneaky vs Rags. The stuff of legends!

sixghost

Menelaus said:
We have 3 members of DFW-GAF in clubs? Mind blown.
I'm from DFW as well.

also, "Up, Simba" is my DFW pick.

East-GAF name suggestion: BVB Broderbund or Borussia Broderbund

I'll probably roll a DM or CB since that seems to be the least populated postion.

QVT said:
I hate that overrated piece of shit. My favorite essay is when the right-wing radio station guy trolls him for being a salesman instead of an author.
get out

Meier

woodchuck said:
Are you coming up for Texas/OU or just for the fair? If it's the latter, definitely don't go during Texas/OU weekend since it's going to be packed.
Nah, too expensive. I'd love to go since I'm sure it'll be an absolutely awesome experience but the tickets cost as much as the rest of the season basically and I'm not really a UT fan so I can't justify the expense. I want to try some fried beer and weird shit like that at the fair.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Menelaus said:
I think you're getting your football threads confused =P

I'm Cool. I'm Hip.

I'm "With it"

Tukka tukka tukka tukka tukka tukka tukka tukka tukka

huuuaaaah

Sidebar: What's up with people in the main thread getting worked up over not having exact face modeling of real players? I've never understood the need for players to resemble their real life counterparts, but that probably has a lot to do with me mostly playing Clubs and Manager Mode in the lower leagues. Sure, they should play like them, but the faces/exact sock type/hairstyle never really mattered to me.

Besides, with the camera I use, FIFA looks kinda like this 99% of the time anyway:

oc0He.jpg

The other one that gets me is people complaining that "player X should be an 83 and not an 82 in the ratings." Sheesh.

And yes, my bitching about people complaining is probably a sign that they should just get the game out already so we can play Clubs. ;)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I've always considered super-detailed modeling to be a pretty huge waste of resources. Just make them look distinctive from far back and it's a win. Actually the focus aesthetically should be almost exclusively on the in-game view, not the zoom-in crap that everyone skips anyway.

Also unrelatedly I hope online replays are better. No more stringing together an amazing play and just getting to see the tap-in of the ball at half the FPS.

Slizz

I find the people that complain the most about FIFA are people who don't play online very much. No harm to them, there is a whooooole game other than online play. But thats about all I do, that and Ultimate Team and Virtual Pro.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Slizz said:
I find the people that complain the most about FIFA are people who don't play online very much. No harm to them, there is a whooooole game other than online play. But thats about all I do, that and Ultimate Team and Virtual Pro.
ding ding ding.

or the people who play only ranked vs. which is so four years ago btw. just like offline play is so eight years ago

Menelaus

Banned
Finishing 11 with 766 club matches played, 430 goals scored, 550 assists, and only 34 man of the matches. I really hope they change the ANY point system this year.

Just a couple days away! :D
AstroLad said:
Also unrelatedly I hope online replays are better. No more stringing together an amazing play and just getting to see the tap-in of the ball at half the FPS.
That one's annoying, too. We put together a beautiful passing move and all they show is the tap-in slow-mo three times.

sneaky77

Cornballer said:
Just a couple days away! :D
That one's annoying, too. We put together a beautiful passing move and all they show is the tap-in slow-mo three times.

yeah replays need to be a little longer for sure

Foob

well shit looks like I may have posted too late, but hopefully I'll be able to get in somewhere

Foob | WarZebra | Pacific NW | Midfield

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I don't think there is a too late. There's always room. Especially with several teams and if you are flexible with your position during peak hours.

Foob

Ya, I saw there were a couple open spots on the west coast chart - just didnt really know how it was all gonna be set up since PS3-GAF never made this work. I'm down with being a back

Foob said:
Ya, I saw there were a couple open spots on the west coast chart - just didnt really know how it was all gonna be set up since PS3-GAF never made this work. I'm down with being a back

don't read too much into "open spots", play wherever you want to. We rarely had full teams on last year and I'd guess half of those people penciled in probably wont end up playing more than a week and will never all be on at the same time.

Obviously it's harder to get a spot as an attacker, as that's where most "sane" people want to play, especially this year with the new tactical defending...

sneaky77

TheVisualizer said:
don't read too much into "open spots", play wherever you want to. We rarely had full teams on last year and I'd guess half of those people penciled in probably wont end up playing more than a week and will never all be on at the same time.

Obviously it's harder to get a spot as an attacker, as that's where most "sane" people want to play, especially this year with the new tactical defending...

I'll start sending friend requests to the east coast people later this evening

Anyone else get their GameFace done yet?

dS8JA.jpg

GOB is back - guess I'll just recycling last year's edition.

Position: d-mid or center-mid
Turn ons: clogging midfield passing lanes, standing tackles, crashing late into the box
Turn offs: over the top through balls, sliding tackles, button lag

Nightz

Cornballer said:
Anyone else get their GameFace done yet?
I used my Gameface that I took last year, put it on my VP and the skin tone doesn't match. There's no option to change it and it bugs me to no end lol.

Menelaus

Banned
I had to play with the white balance of my source pics to get it to match the ingame graphics. It was a beast. Still using last years due to the stupid amount of work it took.

EoRZK.png

Top Bottom