• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 12 Online Clubs (Xbox 360)

Cornballer said:
Tough first night, but we were playing a lot better with our guys leveled up a bit. Defense was pretty solid the whole time and our passing is getting better. After some boosting and a little more experience as a team, we should be good to go.

Yea, definitely. The improved stats for all of our VPros made the experience much less frustrating. East Coast Club, I definitely recommend boosting your players before doing too much.

Slizz

Awesome Animals said:
Yea, definitely. The improved stats for all of our VPros made the experience much less frustrating. East Coast Club, I definitely recommend boosting your players before doing too much.

About that, any east coasters down? I got a buncha free time today and plan on working with my VP.

Slizz

Meus Renaissance said:
Have you guys noticed any delays in player movement yet?

Yes, had plenty of players contain the ball and continue to run the direction they got the ball for a second even though I am holding a diff direction.

FC InO...We need to acheive this:

ibeHHnZEVEBOO1.gif

Menelaus

Banned
Slizz said:
Yes, had plenty of players contain the ball and continue to run the direction they got the ball for a second even though I am holding a diff direction.
Do you have a misconfigured setting? Considering there's a setting for exactly that thing.

Slizz

Menelaus said:
Do you have a misconfigured setting? Considering there's a setting for exactly that thing.

What setting, what is it called? I don't think I changed something like that.... I did change auto-switch options, passing, crossing and what not.

Menelaus

Banned
Slizz said:
What setting, what is it called? I don't think I changed something like that.... I did change auto-switch options, passing, crossing and what not.
Not near my xbox, but if you read the description, it basically will make the person you're switching to continue the run they were making before you switched to them. You can set this from Off-Low-Med-High, and it basically adjusts the timer that they continue their run. It's under the controller setup on the same screen that you'd adjust auto-switching.

Was the formation working for you guys last night? Seems like we might stick with five at the back and just mess around with how the front five are arrayed.

Menelaus said:
my brain is tired from all that ANYing
I don't know how can you do that for extended periods of time. It's too demanding for me mentally to try and concentrate that hard for a few hours without a break.

Menelaus

Banned
5-2-1-2 was my personal preference of the ones we tried last night, but 4 at the back can work if the CDM plays back. When Boom was tracking back, he was making life way easier on me.

Awesome Animals said:

http://i.minus.com/ibeHHnZEVEBOO1.gif[/ig][/quote]

I don't think its technically possible to replicate Ronaldo's pass to Ozil. I'm just watching the Ajax players in that, and aside from the man losing his mark of Ronaldo before the goal, there is nothing they could have done to stop that move.

I wonder if there are any Pro Clubs that have an understanding to pull off these kinda moves. In my time playing, I've only come across maybe one or two that I've been blown away by.

Menelaus said:
5-2-1-2 was my personal preference of the ones we tried last night, but 4 at the back can work if the CDM plays back. When Boom was tracking back, he was making life way easier on me.
Yeah, we might have to mix it up based on who's online and how they want to play. Boom did a great job shielding the defense last night. I thought we ran into some problems when we used the 3-center mid formations as we all kept on taking up the same space, but maybe with some more familiarity that'll become easier.
Menelaus said:
Cool, I'll check those out tonight.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
I liked the formation where we had just the one striker and Cornballer playing behind me. As we get better and more used to playing like that we could definitely improve our quality up front. I'm still not at a place where I can really score many goals or do much moving.

We could always do something like a 4-1-4-1 when boom is playing Dmid especially if nightz is around to play centerback as well.

QVT said:
I liked the formation where we had just the one striker and Cornballer playing behind me. As we get better and more used to playing like that we could definitely improve our quality up front. I'm still not at a place where I can really score many goals or do much moving.

We could always do something like a 4-1-4-1 when boom is playing Dmid especially if nightz is around to play centerback as well.

I was thinking we may be better off playing a 4-3-3 or a 5-1-3-1 (or obviously a 4-1-4-1) where we have one main striker, a CAM/CF and two wingers. I think I'm probably better off on the wing than I am playing up front, at least right now.

Yeah, we were light on wingers last night, which resulted in 2 up top and a 3-man center-midfield clusterfuck on occasions. Those formations might help clear things up a bit. Is there a 5-2-3 option?

Cornballer said:
Yeah, we were light on wingers last night, which resulted in 2 up top and a 3-man center-midfield clusterfuck on occasions. Those formations might help clear things up a bit. Is there a 5-2-3 option?

Probably. I'll make sure to alter my build to play wing for tonight then.

Slizz

Scored 2 goals and 1 assist in a Pro ranked match, don't think EA registered them =( 9.2 match rating and the winning goal.....

EDIT: Also scored my free kick in arena and 10 PK's, it registered them, turned the system off for 2 hours. Get back on no free kick 0/10 PK's.......

Menelaus

Banned
free kick is easy, just set up another controller and move the keeper out of the way.

i was working on my keeper arena ones with 2 controllers, quite difficult!

sneaky77

Menelaus said:
free kick is easy, just set up another controller and move the keeper out of the way.

i was working on my keeper arena ones with 2 controllers, quite difficult!

yeah me too.. lol.. the only one I have left is the one on one save.

Foob

if anyone wants to boost tonight let me know.. I got up to 73/74 last night from random pro club matches alone.

That was hell

Meier

Sorry I couldn't use my mic last night guys. 360 is in the bedroom so I can play in there while my gf watches TV but then when i want to play late, it makes it difficult. I probably should buy a second one for the living room..

Put my Virtual Pro on Celtic so I can level him up against similar competition. Started with him on Manchester City but felt like I would probably just tread water there since he's so outclassed.

Awesome Animals said:

http://i.minus.com/ibeHHnZEVEBOO1.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
I said god damn..

QVT

Foob said:
if anyone wants to boost tonight let me know.. I got up to 73/74 last night from random pro club matches alone.

That was hell

I'm sitting online ready to boost anybody who wants it right now.

QVT

Meier said:
Sorry I couldn't use my mic last night guys. 360 is in the bedroom so I can play in there while my gf watches TV but then when i want to play late, it makes it difficult. I probably should buy a second one for the living room..

Yeah you seemed like you were playing well despite the boosting handicap. We'll get you set. And for anybody, we don't really mind when you can't talk, but it's pretty harmful if you can't hear us.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
If anyone sees me online in the evenings, I'm always up for boosting. Just did some arena stuff yesterday. Probably be on for an hour or two tonight.

QVT, can you send me an invite to the club? I played hockey with you. I'd like to play foot to ball with you, too.

Yours,
Dollar Taco

Meier

QVT said:
Yeah you seemed like you were playing well despite the boosting handicap. We'll get you set. And for anybody, we don't really mind when you can't talk, but it's pretty harmful if you can't hear us.
I have some of those Turtle Beach headphones so I'm able to listen in, just couldn't use my mic.

One thing that was a bit confusing to me was why the one guy stayed on the bench when I joined and then left... you can still have a full 11 playing at once right? I couldn't quite hear the conversation well at that point.

Meier said:
One thing that was a bit confusing to me was why the one guy stayed on the bench when I joined and then left... you can still have a full 11 playing at once right? I couldn't quite hear the conversation well at that point.
We were encouraging people that have brand new VP's to do some leveling before entering a Clubs match. If you take an hour or so to boost, your player will be significantly better and it's a lot more fun.

Meier

Cornballer said:
We were encouraging people that have brand new VP's to do some leveling before entering a Clubs match. If you take an hour or so to boost, your player will be significantly better and it's a lot more fun.
Ahh gotcha and that's certainly true. I am looking forward to getting Noel to 80+.

ijm72

After a couple of boosting sessions with Dr QVT my pro is up to a 79 which is pretty decent. I'll be on in a little bit to do some clubbing.

woodchuck

god damnit. I probably won't be getting this for about another 3 weeks. Ill have a lot of catching up to do for my virtual pro.

QVT

woodchuck said:
god damnit. I probably won't be getting this for about another 3 weeks. Ill have a lot of catching up to do for my virtual pro.

Boosting takes about three or four hours to get you to almost fully set up. Don't worry!

omgkitty

QVT said:
Boosting takes about three or four hours to get you to almost fully set up. Don't worry!

Can you explain how exactly to boost your pro? I've done some already and my rating hasn't moved.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
woodchuck said:
That's alright, you can play catch-up with me.

Foob

sorry guys, I got bumped off at the end of that match - fucking tree fell over the power lines down the road

sitting in the dark...

sneaky77

Yesterday Me and slizz and starfleets and fridge played a couple clubs games, hopefully tonight we can get some more going.

Top Bottom