• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sky High: Super Heroing done right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck, I love this movie. Super-under appreciated (pun intended).

The movie just has an awesome premise, coupled with an outstanding execution.

Synopsis: A boy with no super powers has two of the most powerful superheroes in the world as parents. He's about to start super hero school, but doesn't have his powers yet and is relegated to sidekick position before developing his powers against a future comrade.

He has to learn what it's like to be a true hero, as well as staying true to his real friends.

It's a bit cliche, but the cast is great (except for the main character i feel), the dialogue is superb, and the super heroics, are, well superheroic.

Plus I just love the name Warren Peace.

Oh, and...

b_17138.jpg

I'm never getting a sequel, am I?

Sky High had Mary Elizabeth Winstead. So it had hotness.

11426861_gal.jpg

It had badassness in Kurt Russell and Bruce Campbell.

The movie was fun and always enjoyable, but it is not a great film. It is one I wouldnt seek out to watch, but if it is on TV I watch it and have a good time.

Also gotta love the shameless promotion for XBOX in it.

Drazgul

And here I was thinking this'd be about a super hero who gains super powers from smoking pot. But Bruce Campbell and Kurt Russell? Yeah I'm up for that.

Dude, Sky high ROCKS. that final fight in the gym was awesome. I had this movie on DVD, and only got rid of it to upgrade to blu ray.

I met Kevin Heffernan (the bus driver) and admitted to him that I secretly love Sky High. He and the rest of Broken Lizard went on to tell me that it's a great movie and I shouldn't hide it

ezekial45

Banned
I really enjoyed the movie. It was a lot of fun.

It's shame they never got the chance to turn it into a TV show, like they planned. It could've been an interesting watch.

I can't remember names, but the part where the the cloning/multiple man cheerleader slaps the plant girl never really sat well with me. It's just a very odd moment

WillyFive

Sky High was awesome.

It felt like it belonged as a Disney Channel movie as it was supposed to be, but it was an awesome movie.

Great score too.

Tizoc

I confess I never bothered to watch the movie until I read about it on TVTropes.
Will watch it soon though.

Ploid 3.0

Speedymanic said:
yeah, it was decent. It was pretty hot ladies in it too.

The luscious looking MEW and then there's this stunning goddess...

http://i.imgur.com/6ueqb.jpg[MG][/QUOTE]

Chris Hansen.jpg ?

Hellsing321 said:
Because hes a super hero sponsored by Ustream. And Ustream is more popular in Japan.

Japan has awful taste confirmed

I like the idea of superheroes being sponsored though. Neat concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom