• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drinky Puppy colored dancing bananas thread(40/40 lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
NINTENBOMB!

..wait its not out of 100? its out of 40?

OMG!!!!!!!! KILLA APP!!!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Ahahahahaha...

:D :)

sly said:
w00t!!! Has anyone game been given a perfect score in Famitsu?

Yes, though not many IIRC.

A fair number of people on these boards don't put much weight in famtisu scores, though, and I'm sure certain parties will take the opportunity to ridicule them further..(and others, I'm sure, will nod in agreement at the score).

ksinghsf

sly said:

If you mean, has any other game received a perfect score, then yes. I believe 4 have... 2 Zeldas, Vagrant Story, and Sould Calibur (i think).

MadFuzzy

sly said:

Vagrant Story, Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Soul Calibur have all had perfect Famitsu scores.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
ocarina of time, vagrant story, soul calibur, and...nintendogs. :/

those famitsu fellas sure like the ds, though. :/ :/ :/

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
johnjohnson said:
It's not that I don't believe this news, but why is the pic cut in a way that one can't see the actual scores of the review? Or I am too blind to see them?

They're in the background of the text. I didn't seem them at first either.

Jesus Christ, what is wrong with the illiterate fucktards at that magazine.

Nintendogs is pretty good, sure, but giving it a 40/40 is worse than wrong, it's obscene.

What the fuck. I'm flabbergasted.

I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it.

I'm aghast.

EDIT: The ... what ... I ... *sigh* I know Famitsu that likes the DS and touching. They also like the talking (they gave some 10s to Operator's Side and Dekavoice, remember). But this? A 40/40? That's not a good score, that's downright epochal, and they had to have known that and thought about that and they did it anyways. I got Nintendogs, I like Nintendogs, I've played Nintendogs but I'm telling you right now, it's an 8-9 range game to people who like it. It is NOT A 10, let alone four of them, that's just a fact. I like the game, but there's no way you can spin it as a 40/40. You pet your dog, you teach him tricks, you bathe him, walk him, feed him, throw a frisbee. It's a 3D tamagotchi with adorable animations and rudimentary microphone support. Cute goes a long way, sure, but not this far.

I am utterly beyond words at this point. What the fuck. Fuck. What the hell. What is wrong with them. What is wrong with Famitsu and Nintendo and the DS and the Japanese game industry that it has come to this. Jesus fucking Christ. I don't understand. I don't get it. This isn't just a score I don't agree with ... this isn't just, "haha Famitsu doesn't actually play the games they review." This is a serious mistake in the fabric of reality. This is something inside of me dying.

I'm hurt.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
There are no words. Well actually I could think of a couple. :D

I'm going to shove a Tamagotchi down my throat now...goodbye GAF.

Timen

Megaton.01.jpg

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Unless this thread generates 10 pages, 5 bannings, and at least one move to OT then I will be disappointed.

refreshZ

Jonnyram said:
Just wait for Edge to give it 10 now :p

Their preview was gushing with praise, so seemingly they have no issues with stroking digital dogs in public. I expect it will be the first 11/10.

julls said:
fuck, calm down

If Nintendogs is a 40/40 then stop this industry, because I want the hell off. "Haters" aren't owned - the only people "owned" here are Famitsu reviewers, who have produced a review score of such mind-boggling inaccuracy that it harms not only their magazine, but the entire game industry by proxy.

Pug

I bought myself a PSP and 8 yr old bought himself a DS with his Birthday money. What really stands out for me, is software in terms of originality. The DS does have some great titles that really do get you hooked and it seems Nintendo are carrying this on. Although Nintendo are all under pressure in all segments of the market it has done a fine job with the DS software. I hope they can match PSP sales, and hopefully with software which is original and of high quality they may have a good chance. Besides RR I have been quite disapointed with PSP offerings so far.

Ash Housewares

The Mountain Jew
JackFrost2012 said:
If Nintendogs is a 40/40 then stop this industry, because I want the hell off. "Haters" aren't owned - the only people "owned" here are Famitsu reviewers, who have produced a review score of such mind-boggling inaccuracy that it harms not only their magazine, but the entire game industry by proxy.

it has dogs, adorable dogs, what's not to understand?

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
That is fucking awesome if true.
Drinky moderator status am shaky...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom