• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3: Design and Technology series

ezekial45

Banned
It looks like they've gone back to MP1 style BT, where Max moves in slow (or just slowed) motion along with everything else.

The animations look amazing though. I loved the 360 degree movement while on the ground.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow, that animation. Rockstar are Gods.

S1kkZ

i fucking love euphoria. i hope it becomes standard with the next console generation, it really should.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Wow, fantastic video. I hope the PS3 version is closer to the 360 one since this isn't open world. I can't wait for this.

jett

D-Member
So is everyone gonna guzzle down R*'s kool-aid again? Doesn't look as great as the trailer desperately wants me to think.

jet1911

Deepack said:
Very impressive. Looking sharp, and those kills look very gratifying.

Loved the "final kill" with the shotgun. Seeing all the "buckshot" or whatever it's called flying toward the dude... ouch!

Simo

jett said:
So is everyone gonna guzzle down R*'s kool-aid again? Doesn't look as great as the trailer desperately wants me to think.

When it tastes as good as they make it, absolutely but then again I liked GTAIV and RDR.

Danielsan

Animation and gunplay look great. Image quality doesn't look too hot. I'd almost swear that those New York rooftop scenes look better in Max Payne 2.
Still not a fan of bald Max, but I'm slightly more optimistic now.

Jarmel

Banned
jett said:

Damn right I will. That animation system looks amazing.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
jett said:
The motion blur and slow-mo effects look atrocious. That shit better be able to be removed on PC.

Same with the RGB splits. God who is making these post-process decisions.

Haunted

Euphoria looks fantastic, the way Max interacts with the environment (throwing himself against that bus) is great.

Euphoria automatically means that the game is one step ahead of similar games using conventional physics engines and hit reactions, imo.

AWESOME =D

Man, this is the first time since the revealing of Max Payne 3 that I'm hyped! Gameplay seems faithful and Euphoria just covers the whole bullet reaction system perfectly! That and those beautiful animations!

Hope PC Version doesn't get canned as Max Payne started and continued on PC!

Can't wait!

Leucrota

Looks like it will stay true to the franchise, at least in the sense of the amount of action, which is why I played the games in the first place.

Stallion Free said:
The motion blur and slow-mo effects look atrocious. That shit better be able to be removed on PC.

Same with the RGB splits. God who is making these post-process decisions.

True, main disappointing thing aboiut the video.

42vxl.gif

LA Noire was a completely different concept, made by Team Bondi no less. This is a shooter. They need to nail the gunplay and it looks like they did, also based on impressions from folk who saw it with their own eyes.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
jett said:
What is the issue?

The animation on display here is extremely impressive (right up there with Uncharted 2 and 3 and, in some ways, even better) and the level of detail is pretty decent. The game LOOKS really nice.

It's difficult to say how well it will turn out, but at this point, I believe they will deliver something better than Remedy could have.

I'm not the largest R* fan, but they typically DO deliver. Red Dead was loved by most and GTAIV was still a very solid experience. I enjoyed LA Noire, despite its issues, but the fact that it was even finished and turned out reasonably solid is a small miracle. I'm much more excited about MP3 over anything else they've done recently simply because it's a focused action game rather than a sandbox title (the likes of which I've grown tired of).

Looks amazing. But guess what? So did LA Noire in those trailers..
That's unfair. LA Noire was a very troubled project that was in development for far too long by a team that was falling apart. Considering it's history it's hard not to be impressed. The game, at its core, was pretty well done but it went on for too long and became tedious. It was NOT a bad game at all.

This, on the other hand, is a straight up action shooter from a team that has no relation to Team Bondi. Why even draw that comparison? The two have nothing to do with one another.

DevelopmentArrested said:
Looks amazing. But guess what? So did LA Noire in those trailers..

Different developer. LAN was lead by the guy that directed The Getaway while this is being developed by the Bully team (Rockstar Vancouver).

kcbajo.gif

Yfq2O.jpg

Top Bottom