• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations - Seventh Review: Eurogamer - 8/10

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Review Recap:

GamesMaster: 91%
Nintendo Power: 9
GamersTM: 6/10
Famitsu: 37/40
Game Informer: 9
EDGE: 6/10
Eurogamer: 8/10

Original Post:

Seen on Sillegamer
UK Gaming magazine GamesMaster has published the first review for Resident Evil: Revelations, with the recently released January 2012 edition awarding the blood-splattered 3DS title a positively glowing score of 91%.

Excitedly described as “the game to convince Resi fans that the series is back to its best,” the respected magazine proceeds to state that Resident Evil: Revelations is “one of the scariest games ever committed to handheld, and a spectacular return to form.” The zombie-ridden title’s environments, story-line and overall scares are also praised, with the cruise liner level outlined as “a corking setting for Revelations, with a choking atmosphere trapped inside its creaking hull.”

Does anyone have the magazine to provide more quotes?

Luigiv

Above 90% for an exclusive first review? Well I never, this is unprecedented!

In all seriousness, as hyped as I am for this game, I'm taking this review with a grain of salt for now.

mclem

I really hope that zombie mention was not a spoiler

To be fair, it doesn't seem unreasonable to use "zombie" interchangably with "monster" in the Resident Evil series, whether or not they're actually the *original* T-Virus beasties. I wouldn't take it too literally.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Seems kinda early for a review - ill wait for other outlets to review it. Sound good though....

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I find it hard to believe they got code this early.

Foffy

Banned
Are people getting the game this early already? Huh...

On a somewhat related note, what ever happened to Resident Evil: Damnation? Capcom hasn't said a thing about that movie since they released a teaser back in 2010. Did it go the way of Resident Evil Portable and get canned?

Paracelsus

To be fair, it doesn't seem unreasonable to use "zombie" interchangably with "monster" in the Resident Evil series, whether or not they're actually the *original* T-Virus beasties. I wouldn't take it too literally.

Difference has been made because zombies are unquestionably the most scary creatures in the series, hadn't zombies been there REmake would look like a happy joyride in hell's mansion. I like the original RE series but I have no problem into admitting zombies scare me quite a lot, after the removal I breeze through the games without the slightest hint of fear.

I mean there was a Zombie shown in the very first trailer, but I asmue that the game has underwent some serious design changes since then.

Wait, what? Are we talking about a walking meatbag or a cannibal walking corpse?

Luigiv

Are people getting the game this early already? Huh...

On a somewhat related note, what ever happened to Resident Evil: Damnation? Capcom hasn't said a thing about that movie since they released a teaser back in 2010. Did it go the way of Resident Evil Portable and get canned?

Resident Evil Portable wasn't canned, it never existed in the first place.

I still don't get why this game supports the second slide pad... Since when does RE need dual analog? Except they have changed the game drastically since Mercs 3D...

Re 5 had the option for dual analog as well

I didn't get it there either. You can't move while aiming anyway? In Mercs 3D you kinda can but still it works flawlessly with one pad...
I'm not anti-frankenstick, totally looking forward to it with Monster Hunter Tri but in this case it just seemed tagged on to me.

I still don't get why this game supports the second slide pad... Since when does RE need dual analog? Except they have changed the game drastically since Mercs 3D...
It may have been part of the deal to make the Frakenstick. That Nintendo would do it if more Capcom games, like their big upcoming exclusive Revelations would have support for it.

M3d10n

The beginning of February in the US.

This can't be real, right? Seems way, way too early.

Not that it matter, gushing first review isn't very impressive whether or not they've actually played through it.

Usually Japanese devs get the game "content-complete" early and spend the last months fixing bugs and doing tweaks. It's entirely possible to play most of the game two months before release.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I didn't get it there either. You can't move while aiming anyway? In Mercs 3D you kinda can but still it works flawlessly with one pad...
I'm not anti-frankenstick, totally looking forward to it with Monster Hunter Tri but in this case it just seemed tagged on to me.

There are a lot of people who seem totally turned off by the idea of only having a single circle pad, so adding support for the peripheral is as much about providing a mental crutch as it is any actual utility.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I hope its at least half way decent. It looks good but I get the feeling most of the hype is based on the seeing the visuals. I haven't seen much to convince me on the merits of the game.

Definitely isn't cancelled. Degeneration made them a boatload of money with its 1.5 million copies sold.

fernoca will buy it. That's for sure.

4IAqS.jpg

Although he'd look better with smaller lips.

ipJ9s.jpg

Am I doing hentai here?

Top Bottom