• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations - Seventh Review: Eurogamer - 8/10

stuminus3

Holy shit, GamesMaster magazine still exists?

Random comment - Dominik Diamond now hosts a show on Toronto's Q107 Classic Rock station. With me being an old expat from Scotland it's fucking awesome to hear him crack the same old double entendres on my drive home from work as he used to on the old GamesMaster show back in the early 90s.

dominik_100x100.jpg

VerTiGo

Banned
I like the direction of this game... the character design, everything I've seen so far. Compared to both RE4 and RE5 just looks different. Different in a good way. If it takes RE4 and does a classic RE Zombie and puzzle-ridden mix up... I just wet myself.

I bought a DC for Code Veronia. Maybe a 3DS for this...

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Has Gamesmaster ever given an exclusive a review a score <90?

Mr_Zombie

Guys, you do know that people tend to call Majinis and Ganados "zombies"? Basically every humanoid enemy in RE games are called "zombies" nowadays :(

mooooose

I really wonder how this game will be. If it's amazing it'll be a great start to the 3DS library, otherwise it will be a pretty flat fall and a bad omen to the 3DS.

disco

I can't seem to make the IGN footage work. I put in my DOB and it just won't let me click submit... :(

kunonabi

I don't know I'm still not sold on this. The character designs still look like the oversexualized nonsense of the later titles. Not a fan of the monsters either. I'm also worried that the the controls are still going to be jacked up with the wrong button placement Capcom has using as of late.

At the very least I hope it goes back to the days of speed and knife runs.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
*looks at decaying body*

- Guuuh, it smells like rotting flesh!

It's good to have you back, Resident Evil :)

Can't view any other videos, shitty IGN player tries to display an ad before them but it doesn't actually do so and doesn't carry on either, on Firefox.

*looks at decaying body*

Can't view any other videos, shitty IGN player tries to display an ad before them but it doesn't actually do so and doesn't carry on either, on Firefox.

The dialogue sure takes me back to Arklay Mountains.^^

Aside from that, the visuals and general presentation is even better than what I played at Gamescom. The game has come quite a long way. Love it.

Mr_Zombie

*looks at decaying body*

Nothing beats Jill's comment on the dead cop's body in RE3, in the room where you pick up the shotgun. I don't have the exact quote, but she says something akin to "He's lucky. His guts were ripped out before he managed to turned into a zombie.". :lol

Famassu

There seems to be no premium in the UK prices like there is in US (as in, Cave Story 3D & RE: Revelations cost the same), so I have no problems buying this. I'll probably have problems playing this, considering how much of a wuzz I've become with "scary" games like Resident Evil...

Blablurn

just saw the latest ign video... high production value right there! damn, capcom! cant wait to play this in the dark :eek:

Phenomic

Capcom is going to make me buy a 3DS super early and then regret it once they unveil the redesign at some point.

Seriously that last clip on page 2 is just the kind of thing I want in this game. I can't wait.

Xav

Resident Evil 5 taught me to never look forward to a Resident Evil game without Shinji Mikami's involvement.

The game looks awesome, but the sound effects are horrible. I hope they're placeholders. The one aspect of the audio I like is the
talking boss monster.

M3d10n

Did that area in the boss fight videos remind anyone else of Bioshock? The overall architecture, decoration and specially the lighting.

Takao

Banned
Not a Vita game obsly.

That really doesn't have much to do with anything. World exclusive reviews months ahead of release don't come off as reliable.

I own a 3DS, and certainly could use a few good games, even if they're from Crapcon. ;)

Yuterald

The game to convince the fans that the series is back, really? This series started heading down ass town lane with RE5. I'm a gigantic RE fan still and I will play Revelations, but I can't take it seriously, especially with everything I've seen and read about it. The story in RE5 ruined anything cool or interesting about the universe so anything AFTER its release, for me, is just deemed as 'something to play'.

Nothing beats the original RE trilogy for me and the REmake is still a masterpiece.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
The IGN videos don't play in IE either when they try to put an ad before (so, 99.9% of the time, I can't bother retrying, only the very first worked), wtf..? Any YouTubes..?

Riposte

The game to convince the fans that the series is back, really? This series started heading down ass town lane with RE5. I'm a gigantic RE fan still and I will play Revelations, but I can't take it seriously, especially with everything I've seen and read about it. The story in RE5 ruined anything cool or interesting about the universe so anything AFTER its release, for me, is just deemed as 'something to play'.

Nothing beats the original RE trilogy for me and the REmake is still a masterpiece.

It is pretty sad Capcom can only make things you play with. They should quit the videogame business.

Clott

woah, I can't freaking wait. A part of me was kind of worried for this game, but is there any word on length? I fear for a 6 hour game =(

therapist

Good stuff.

But i have 2 issues.

The fact the game is 10$ more than all others , and the god damn dual analog adapter.

Pewp!

Still buying regardless as im an RE fan but pretty fuckin lame.

Should be reg price considering u need to pay extra to get the dual analog , its a requirement no?

Top Bottom