• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations - Seventh Review: Eurogamer - 8/10

Truth101

Banned
I wouldn't look too much into his comments. Most of his reaction to 3DS related games/news seem to be negative.

So far, looks like this game is gonna be a blast to play solo and multi-player with the Raid Mode.
Oh, I know. Still I like when people back up what they say with reasons.

Len1978

This game has bomba written all over it and it makes me sad for the people working on a project with such effort/budget, I really don't think RE will work on a handheld at that price, let alone the 3DS, that's all.

I disagree, but I hope the Vita gets some RE love from Capcom

@MUWANdo

Banned
This game has bomba written all over it and it makes me sad for the people working on a project with such effort/budget, I really don't think RE will work on a handheld at that price, let alone the 3DS, that's all.

People keep complaining about the price, but most of the online retailers I've seen aren't listing it at $50 anyway.

If there's any series that would work on a handheld console with "that price" (that is, way below $50 at most retailers), it's Resident Evil. Revelations will sell just fine on 3DS, and we all know it's going to be ported to other systems in the long road. There's a reason they've been using MT Framework for it.

Truth101

Banned
If there's any series that would work on a handheld console with "that price" (that is, way below $50 at most retailers), it's Resident Evil. Revelations will sell just fine on 3DS, and we all know it's going to be ported to other systems in the long road. There's a reason they've been using MT Framework for it.
No we dont.

All their 3DS games will use that engine. Its versatile, capable and already up and running.

Myansie

It'll probably end up on Vita, but showing up on the consoles sounds pretty unlikely. The graphics would look pretty chunky. Although Konami did it with Peacewalker and Sony with God of War, so I wouldn't ban bet on it.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Port begging version 2.0! Just discuss as if it's a fact that game x is getting ported on competing systems while not explicitly stating a personal interest in that happening!

It could get ported, it could not get ported, Capcom has a history of doing either on a per game basis. If it's announced then great, until then, deal with the exclusivity. Lol.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

An M rated game on a handheld is never a sure thing, especially at $50.

"port assuming" is the new "port begging".

Psp didn't get any re games , even ps2 didn't get remake or Zero .
Hey, RE PSP hasn't been cancelled, has it? It may yet come out!

So we can still safely assume (beg) RE:R will come to Vita.

All joking aside it may very well come to Vita, if it fails on 3DS and the Vita itself is enough of a success to warrant a port.

Shafto

Not sure i'm understanding the complaints about price?

Here in the UK, I just pre-ordered it for £29.99 (Including Circle Pad Pro) from zavvi.co.uk. For reference, most 3DS games have an RRP of £35. I paid around £28-£30 for Mario Kart and Mario 3D Land too.

Price seems good, game looks good, seems like it'll sell to me.

An M rated game on a handheld is never a sure thing, especially at $50.
Resident Evil has very, very loyal fans, so getting a 3DS will not be a hindrance to most of them (I know it wasn't one for me :p). I'm convinced that Revelations will sell really well on 3DS. Just as I'm convinced that it is under a timed exclusivity deal and was always developed with other consoles in the back of Capcom's mind.

It could get ported, it could not get ported, Capcom has a history of doing either on a per game basis. If it's announced then great, until then, deal with the exclusivity. Lol.
Capcom has made it clear that they are pursuing a multi-platform strategy for their games. Only a few of their titles are exempted from that. And so far, the main Resident Evil games have made it to at least one other system.

Hey, RE PSP hasn't been cancelled, has it? It may yet come out!
That one, on the other hand, I assume (beg) is as dead as the flesh of prerendered corpses. It could be that the concept for it turned into Operation Raccoon City (minus the multiplayer aspect), as it was thought up around the time Resident Evil Portable was first announced.

Myansie

The 3DS feels like a much more adult console than the DS. I think the appeal for more mature games on the console is a factor of power, it's in that awesome PS2/Gamecube range. The 3DS has hit that golden ability where it can render a believable, if stylised world, convincingly. I had zero interest in the DS, but I am loving the 3DS, it's hit that sweet spot. $50 doesn't sound like a lot for a Resident Evil game. It has big production values, it's not going to feel like Cooking Mama, so I don't think the price is going to be a barrier.

I don't want 3DS ports on the Vita. They better get us a Vita-exclusive!

Also, this is a pure console-type game and people don't want these on their handhelds.

Right? RIGHT?!

me personally? i want this game so fucking bad ;-;

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Also, this is a pure console-type game and people don't want these on their handhelds.
We don't really know that until we play through it and see the pacing, accessibility, etc. I mean, Peace Walker on PSP might look very similar to MGS3 but it was very short session friendly. Not that I personally have a problem with handheld games that need lengthier continuous time investment even without considering the suspend modes of these devices...

any word on how it plays with the circle pad pro?

also, is there a third person camera RE4/5 style? I recall hearing there was an option in Mercs 3d.

Cwarrior

Not sure i'm understanding the complaints about price?

Here in the UK, I just pre-ordered it for £29.99 (Including Circle Pad Pro) from zavvi.co.uk. For reference, most 3DS games have an RRP of £35. I paid around £28-£30 for Mario Kart and Mario 3D Land too.

Price seems good, game looks good, seems like it'll sell to me.

Thanks a bunch, just cancled my amazon order at £32.00 to get with with cc pro at £29.99.

b3b0p

Isn't this the first $50 3DS / Portable game? It better be nearly perfect.

I preordered it for $40 or less from Amazon iirc.

snesfreak

Banned
Can't wait for this game, c'mon NoA get that demo up.
And LOL at all the blatant port begging, posters clearly breaking the rules and getting away with it.
I simply AGREE with someone's post that didn't even break any rules and get banned for a week.
Was also told to fuck off by a poster, but ironically didn't respond to his childish BS cause I didn't want to get banned.

Wait, what was I talking about?
Oh right, Resident Evil.
Son of a bitch, just realized I don't have it preordered.
LOL, guess I'm paying full price then.

I will get it day one but I do think that Capcom loves money so eventually this game will come out on a console in some form.

I will get all versions of it.

I will get it day one but I do think that Capcom loves money so eventually this game will come out on a console in some form.

I will get all versions of it.

I get it. There's a high possibility of that but is it really necessary for this to be said every other post in every topic about this game?

Isn't this the first $50 3DS / Portable game? It better be nearly perfect.

I preordered it for $40 or less from Amazon iirc.

Certainly not the first $50 portable game, the MSRP for most early PSP titles was $50 before Sony figured out that selling less than 10k copies of every game was a bad thing.

mikeeb13

Banned
TO ALL:

The circle pad attachment IS NOT MANDATORY to play Revelations. You can play through the entire game with your stock 3DS just fine. Think original RE4 controls. The circle pad is something being offered for people who want the 'dual stick experience'

/end transmission

gamestm have a review for it here

VERDICT 6 /10

Handheld editions of big console titles often feel like straight to video sequels – looking the part but lacking the polish – and Revelations is no different. It nails the atmosphere in its hybrid design, but those crucial sparks of brilliance that make the series so great, no matter which of its eras you prefer… they're as rare as a single use rocket launcher.

Top Bottom