• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush/Daze demo confirmed for the 27th, DLC coming as well [Up: Demo Video]

Takao

Banned
Siliconera reports that this week's Famitsu confirms that SCEJ's Gravity Rush/Gravity Daze for Vita will have a demo on the 27th of this month. As well, the magazine lets it out that post-release the game will see added costumes for the game's French speaking-heroine, Kat, as well as added scenarios.

Reportedly, the game's length is 13-15 hours long. I guess we can use this thread for impressions when the demo hits.

Update:

Gravity Daze demo from beginning to end:

http://youtu.be/yY-Lj03BT7o

Riposte

Man, I hope this game is good. Nothing I've seen has excited me after seeing the gravity mechanic for the first time.

If the game allows for screenshots, expect a lot of them incoming from me and the other early adopters.

Played this in-store and thought it was super cool.

Takao

Banned
All 3 of you who bought a Vita, it's now up on PSN but apparently it's the TGS demo. Anyways, post impressions, and screenshots.

Jonnyram

Just grabbed the demo and played through it.
It's quite short, but it really whet my appetite for the game.
The gravity changing is innovative and the combat is really tight.
Love the presentation too.
Day one purchase for sure. Maybe get the package version if it's purely single player.

Takao

Banned
While the game is PSN-only in EU, Yoshida seemingly confirmed over Twitter that it'll be receiving a retail release in North America.

May16

I have no clue why it's PSN-only in Europe. The game's length is supposed to be 13-15 hours.
They might not have the confidence that the the increased number of sales by having a retail version would not be a big enough jump to cover the cost of making such a version (boxes, printouts, cartridges, shipping). Kind of like with NISA and ClaDun in North America. If they printed out boxes and discs, they'd need more sales to cover that and it just wouldn't be worth it. With PSN-only, you don't need to sell as many. Just a theory.

Takao

Banned
They might not have the confidence that the the increased number of sales by having a retail version would not be a big enough jump to cover the cost of making such a version (boxes, printouts, cartridges, shipping). Kind of like with NISA and ClaDun in North America. If they printed out boxes and discs, they'd need more sales to cover that and it just wouldn't be worth it. With PSN-only, you don't need to sell as many. Just a theory.

I'm of the opinion that Gravity Rush is one of the marquee Vita titles, and when it doesn't get a retail release but things like Reality Fighters, and Little Deviants do I get miffed.

Exactly, it makes no sense whatsoever. Reality Fighters and Little Deviants, which look like 10 dollar PSN games, get the full retail treatment while a great looking killer app like Gravity Rush doesn't. Fuck you Sony. I want my boxed game. :(

Is PSN popular at all in Europe? They might be using Gravity Rush as a way to get people buying stuff on PSN. It might sell less in the short term but using your most interesting first party game (IMO) to get people accustomed to buying stuff digitally would pay off down the road

I mean, SCEE did release a PSP without wifi, makes me think PSN on PSP wasn't really popular there

Orodreth

Looks amazing. This one and Journey are my favourite upcoming games right now.

The only problem i see in the demo is the targeting may not being as responsive and precise as it should.

btw, who´s making the soundtrack? it also looks great

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Why on earth would it be PSN only? Is it quite short, perhaps?

Could propose a theory about SCEE and memory cards.

Keep an early, desired game PSN only = encourage bigger memory card sales.

Keep 32GB memory cards away from launch = encourage repurchases of 32GB cards when they become available later.

:\

iavi

This game is looking really good. The staggered launch window mess in the US is no fun, but I'll be grabbing this on day one. PSN.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This is the #1 sorftware reason I'm buying the Vita.

-MB-

It's great the demo is completely in English as well. I liked what I played so far, eventhough I
do think the aiming camera panning is a bit too twitchy for my liking.

Midou

That demo looks pretty awesome, was planning to get Hot Shots at launch and this when it comes out.

Top Bottom