• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 - You're going to buy it, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
According the Australia Post tracking, my copy is out for delivery today. This is the first time I've pre-ordered a game from Mighty Ape, but I might have to make a habit of it.

man i can't believe the game comes out tomorrow, i'm really looking forward to it

cool fanart

tumblr_ojuxjui74j1rs0zxko1_1280.jpg

https://twitter.com/koyoriin

kat looks really happy for some one who can't see shit

also damn 2B got some hips

Broke down and preordered it digitally since I don't think I can make it to the story tomorrow (39 degree heat, no thank you) and I really wanted the preorder bonuses as well.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
as much as I enjoyed gr1 on vita, I'll probably wait a few months when it drops down to 30. There are no pre-order incentives and sony dicked the vita, so this is my way of showing my thanks.

Game is out tomorrow, but I only just
Fucking murdered that thief guy
in GR1. That was unexpectedly grim.
Yeah, some dark undertones for sure.

kat looks really happy for some one who can't see shit
Yep, that is why I love it. Kat is probably thinking of how cool it is to dress up rather than not being able to see anything lol.

as much as I enjoyed gr1 on vita, I'll probably wait a few months when it drops down to 30. There are no pre-order incentives and sony dicked the vita, so this is my way of showing my thanks.
There are physical and digital pre order incentives.

As far as Vita,

opOaPQN.png

LotusHD

Banned

Oh well, okay then.

And there are pre-order incentives btw, unless you're saying you don't like said incentives.

There are physical and digital pre order incentives.

As far as Vita,

opOaPQN.png

Lol I'm just picturing Raven going "What is this thing?"

----

Anyways, for those in the US:

3 more days!

C2TAXiOUoAAC_cP.jpg

https://twitter.com/magion02/status/820992730859851781

LotusHD

Banned
Yep, I love it. My immediate response to people complaining about Vita lmao. Just giving Vita owners a tough time.

I feel for them, I really do, as I dislike having to buy a new console to continue with a franchise, but it's such a weird reason to "punish" the game because it isn't on the Vita. The game wouldn't even look like this if it wasn't solely built for the PS4. And even then, I don't really understand the game plan here for others who've said something similar. Like, you deciding to not buy the sequel (assuming you have a PS4 of course) isn't going to make them suddenly go "Oh shit, guess it should've been on the Vita after all, maybe next time"

Agreed, Lotus. It is just a superficial act of rebellion. Just buy the game and keep it moving, I say. It is what it is after taking into consideration the circumstances surrounding the Vita.

Just got my copy and played a few minutes. You only have to let the game install for like three seconds before you can jump in and start playing, which is really nice. The intro really caught me by surprise, and I can't wait to get stuck in.

LotusHD

Banned
Agreed, Lotus. It is just a superficial act of rebellion. Just buy the game and keep it moving, I say. It is what it is after taking into consideration the circumstances surrounding the Vita.

Oh well. If they have a PS4, I hope they do delve back into this beautiful world lol

Just got my copy and played a few minutes. The intro really caught me by surprise, and I can't wait to get stuck in.

So jealous... Have fun lol

wapplew

Just got my copy and played a few minutes. You only have to let the game install for like three seconds before you can jump in and start playing, which is really nice. The intro really caught me by surprise, and I can't wait to get stuck in.

Ya, saw the intro section on StreamCoco, real surprise.
9.5 hours to go!

Kensuke

Might have been asked already, but do you guys know where I could see a decent story recap? I played through 1 off course, but I need a refresh on the story.

bigmac996

Damn I really want to give this one a chance, but I can't really justify it. Wasn't big on the first game, and the demo felt just "ok". Maybe when it goes down in price since this month will have me plenty occupied with Dragon Quest 8, Yakuza 0 and RE7.

I really do want Sony to keep making and investing in niche titles like this, but I don't think I'm the biggest fan of this game specifically.

mollipen

According to the livestream, there's a total of 10 outfits:

So that should be:

The Pre-order DLC white variant of her default outfit, Schoolgirl (Diff. from 1st game), Special Forces (1st game), Jazz Singer, Waiter, Spy (1st game), Kali Angel, Nurse, Maid (1st game), and then her tanktop outfit in Banga.

And then there is the fugly PS02 outfit, but the West isn't getting that one if I recall correctly, so I guess that the Jp. version or w/e would have a total of 11 outfits.

And as stated before, you presumably can only get the Special Forces, Maid, and Spy outfits if you have a save file from Gravity Rush Remastered.

Sorry if this has already been cleared up, but there are 15 outfits in Gravity Rush 2. That includes:

* Default Kat ("Shifter 2.0")
* 9 unlocked through playing the game
* Soldier, Spy, and Maid from GR
* White Kat
* PSO2 Kat (which is absolutely in the US version)

LotusHD

Banned
Sorry if this has already been cleared up, but there are 15 outfits in Gravity Rush 2. That includes:

* Default Kat ("Shifter 2.0")
* 9 unlocked through playing the game
* Soldier, Spy, and Maid from GR
* White Kat
* PS20 Kat (which is absolutely in the US version)

Oh okay, the stream showed a total of 10, so I assumed they didn't count the default outfit. (Though in hindsight that's silly)

I guess the 10 outfits are the default outfit and the 9 you get to unlock. Then the other 5 get added onto the total with each one you get?

At any rate, that's great. More outfits is never a bad thing after all lol

I also wonder how one gets the PS20 outfit. Never made any mention of how to get it, as far as I know.

mollipen

I also wonder how one gets the PS20 outfit. Never made any mention of how to get it, as far as I know.

That's a good question. I wasn't exactly sure about the outfit situation at first, because (1) I got the game as a review code so I didn't realize that White Kat wasn't just part of the package, (2) I already had a GRR save so I didn't get to see if the PSO2 outfit is attached to that or not, and (3) you don't get access to them right away, so by that point it was more about the excitement of trying the different outfit choices out.

It's on the list after White Kat (which comes after the GRR unlocks), so that makes me think it isn't directly tied to a GRR save. But I haven't played the Japanese PS4 version of PSO2 soooooo I don't know!

LotusHD

Banned
It's annoying because I don't even want the stupid thing, but I know it'll bug me to have that blank slot there when everything else is full lol

Zephyx

I want to buy it but I have no funds for it since I'm planning to buy another game for the Vita then save up for Persona 5. Maybe after a few months or on a sale or two. It's a shame since I loved GR on the Vita.

SxP

Preordered yesterday, should get it tomorrow. Was on the fence a long time, but looking at gameplay eventually convinced me. Plus, after TLOU I feel compelled to buy any PlayStation exclusive Polygon gives a 7.5.

God this game feels good. I only meant to throw in the disc and play the intro because I have stuff to do, and I ended up playing it for about two hours. So far it's just more Gravity Rush (which is hardly a complaint), but looking through the list of unlockable moves in the menu there's some stuff I'm really excited to play around with. I haven't got the Jupiter and Lunar styles yet, either, so I know there's more goodness in store.

SHarris78

Went through the first game over the past week or so. Really enjoyed the first 8/9 levels then I thought the game took a big dive. It seemed to be one boss fight after another intersected with some poor level design (that level where you falling down and have to catch up with Raven), with a lot of the action becoming a mess due to the amount of enemies on screen and the poor controls.

Gonna buy GR2 though - goodness knows we need more games that take a different direction over more Call of Duty and GTA clones.

LotusHD

Banned
Preordered yesterday, should get it tomorrow. Was on the fence a long time, but looking at gameplay eventually convinced me. Plus, after TLOU I feel compelled to buy any PlayStation exclusive Polygon gives a 7.5.

Heh.

PS20? Playstation 20th anniversary costume?
¦3

I wish... It'd be better than what we're getting lol

God this game feels good. I only meant to throw in the disc and play the intro because I have stuff to do, and I ended up playing it for about two hours. So far it's just more Gravity Rush (which is hardly a complaint), but looking through the list of unlockable moves in the menu there's some stuff I'm really excited to play around with. I haven't got the Jupiter and Lunar styles yet, either, so I know there's more goodness in store.

Can't say I'm surprised. Game has a way of just letting the time fly by lol

Fliesen

『Inaba Resident』;228524809 said:
Oh wow, didn't even realize this comes out in EU in a couple of hours. Anyone mind showing off the theme when you can?

i find it kinda ridiculous that a theme also doesn't unlock until release. I'm still 'stuck' with my PS+ christmas tree theme :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom