• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 - You're going to buy it, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauaus

Wtf just preordered and i cant preload in NA , Says it will unlock in 3 days and whenever i click the autodownload box it unticks it on its own...
Edit: Not up in NA right? For some reason i thought it launched on the 18th...

For anyone with a NA PSN preorder can you tick the Auto-Download box?

LotusHD

Banned
Final GR2 livestream will be on the 19th

c2s_s2ouuaaqrnvuqs8l.jpg

Ah, we're so close...

Also that pic reminds me of something several reviews touch upon, which is that we're going to be seeing a lot more of Raven in this game. (Though I guess that's obvious since she fights with us lol)

Hopefully her DLC will give her a different moveset than Kat's.

We are live streaming the game in 5 minutes in case anyone cares. We are not going to spoil anything important as usual :)
http://www.gamersyde.com/livestream_en.html

I'll take you up on that lol

LotusHD

Banned
According to the livestream, there's a total of 10 outfits:

iTzjlnk.png

So that should be:

The Pre-order DLC white variant of her default outfit, Schoolgirl (Diff. from 1st game), Special Forces (1st game), Jazz Singer, Waiter, Spy (1st game), Kali Angel, Nurse, Maid (1st game), and then her tanktop outfit in Banga.

And then there is the fugly PS02 outfit, but the West isn't getting that one if I recall correctly, so I guess that the Jp. version or w/e would have a total of 11 outfits.

And as stated before, you presumably can only get the Special Forces, Maid, and Spy outfits if you have a save file from Gravity Rush Remastered.

According to the livestream, there's a total of 10 outfits:

iTzjlnk.png

So that should be:

The Pre-order DLC white variant of her default outfit, Schoolgirl (Diff. from 1st game), Special Forces (1st game), Jazz Singer, Waiter, Spy (1st game), Kali Angel, Nurse, Maid (1st game), and then her tanktop outfit in Banga.

And then there is the fugly PS02 outfit, but the West isn't getting that one if I recall correctly, so I guess that the Jp. version or w/e would have a total of 11 outfits.

And as stated before, you presumably can only get the Special Forces, Maid, and Spy outfits if you have a save file from Gravity Rush Remastered.
I think I remember seeing the PS02 outfit in IGN's plays video of the game so I think the west gets it
unfortunately

LotusHD

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;228492955 said:
I think I remember seeing the PS02 outfit in IGN's plays video of the game so I think the west gets it
unfortunately

Ah that's true, but I also reading that the West weren't supposed to get it. But I guess it doesn't make sense that review copies somehow have it, so I dunno lol

LotusHD

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;228493415 said:
Its the only costume I actively hate so I was hoping it wouldn't come over lol. Also, has he played 25 hours of the game only flying around?

Same, I rather not see it at all if possible lol

Maybe he left the game on for a long time lol

Bought it last Friday. Love the last game and still playing it. One of the most unique PlayStation games I've played and can't wait to see everything this new one has to offer.

Gotta say from Gravity Rush 2 and nier automata made me crack and buy a PlayStation 4.

Hope overall this game is an improved Gravity Rush 1 and if so will be an amazing game. The wait is kinda killing me though.

LotusHD

Banned
Bought it last Friday. Love the last game and still playing it. One of the most unique PlayStation games I've played and can't wait to see everything this new one has to offer.

Gotta say from Gravity Rush 2 and nier automata made me crack and buy a PlayStation 4.

Hope overall this game is an improved Gravity Rush 1 and if so will be an amazing game. The wait is kinda killing me though.

That's pretty much the general consensus from the reviews we've been seeing these last few days. So if you love the first game, you'll definitely love the sequel it seems.

After a few hours and some trophies... they doesn't sync anywhere. I can't even see them locally.

Maybe it has to be out worldwide first or something? I dunno, completely unfamiliar with how trophies work lol

Rizzi

That's pretty much the general consensus from the reviews we've been seeing these last few days. So if you love the first game, you'll definitely love the sequel it seems.

Maybe it has to be out worldwide first or something? I dunno, completely unfamiliar with how trophies work lol

I think that is how trophies work.

Squire

Banned
Ha, came to make sure there was more Koyoriin goodness posted. Good stuff.

Just finally preordered today. Great thread, Lotus!

LotusHD

Banned
Ha, came to make sure there was more Koyoriin goodness posted. Good stuff.

Just finally preordered today. Great thread, Lotus!

Haha, I just getting ready to tell you on the Nier thread that it seems that we're covered with said goodness lol I expect the fanart to take off even further once the game is out.

Also thanks!

I finished the first game on PS4 just a few days ago after not getting far into the Vita game years ago.

I loved the game and Kat and wasted so much time just flying around or sliding. I still want to go back and find the last few travelers I missed to see their story through.

I ended up preordering the sequel even though I won't be able to play it until the end of February.

Pre-ordered back in June! :D I also just got around to playing GR Remastered, which I absolutely adore.
It warms my heart to see so many people in this thread rallying for this game to be a success!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Does anyone know if the game supports HDR?

I hope not kinda. RE7 is out at the same time which I intend to play in VR. And stupid PSVR doesn't pass through HDR and I don't want to have to constantly hook and unhook.

LotusHD

Banned

I hope not kinda. RE7 is out at the same time which I intend to play in VR. And stupid PSVR doesn't pass through HDR and I don't want to have to constantly hook and unhook.

No one knows for sure, but the assumption atm is that it doesn't. The Digital Foundry video (Link's in the OT) comparing how the game runs on both the OG and the Pro didn't mention it at all if I recall correctly.

Shoeless

Wtf just preordered and i cant preload in NA , Says it will unlock in 3 days and whenever i click the autodownload box it unticks it on its own...
Edit: Not up in NA right? For some reason i thought it launched on the 18th...

For anyone with a NA PSN preorder can you tick the Auto-Download box?

No, I can't get it to stick either, and I'm also in North America. Then again, it doesn't unlock until Friday for us, so it probably won't go into auto-download until Tuesday night, Wednesday morning.

Kindekuma

Banned

Eh just expect no HDR. Only thing we're confident that's added is 4K output for Pro. Might get a patch later to support it (which would be lovely and make those colors pop). It's odd how muddy the details have been about things like that.

LotusHD

Banned
Oh that's good...that's damn good

It's probably the way it's drawn, but I just realized that Kat's long hair seems to go a long way towards making her look more innocent, for lack of a better word.

Because 2B manages to look more risque and mature when wearing Kat's outfit lol

Wereroku

Woot now i have my new phone background. Thanks for posting this I followed the artist now. Does she ever do prints of her work? Would love to get one to frame.

It's probably the way it's drawn, but I just realized that Kat's long hair seems to go a long way towards making her look more innocent, for lack of a better word.

Because 2B manages to look more risque and mature when wearing Kat's outfit lol

I didn't realize how close their characters were image wise. I would like to see these outfits in the actual games.

LotusHD

Banned
I didn't realize how close their characters were image wise. I would like to see these outfits in the actual games.

That'd be nice...

Nier seems to be taking several weapons from various games like FFXV and Dragon Quest, so who knows, maybe it'd actually happen lol

-----

Omg guys, I came across a pretty much perfect 4 minute recap of the 1st game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ2kyZSD7CE

Much better than the 10 minute one in the OT, so I'll be replacing that. Pretty much refreshed my memory. Hell even people who have yet to play the first game could comfortably watch this imo in order to be up to date as to what is going on in the sequel. (I still recommend the first game though)

Shit, then should I be worried? I placed an order on the 8th, but it still says I need to wait for an estimated delivery despite ordering KH2.8 at the same time which gave me a date right away.

LotusHD

Banned
Shit, then should I be worried? I placed an order on the 8th, but it still says I need to wait for an estimated delivery despite ordering KH2.8 at the same time which gave me a date right away.

For the first game right?

If so... I dunno lol

If it actually let you place the order, I guess you should be fine. Probably should call them.

For the first game right?

If so... I dunno lol

If it actually let you place the order, I guess you should be fine. Probably should call them.

Oh pfft, nvm. I thought you were talking about the 2nd game, I didn't pay enough attention to what I was reading lol.

takoyaki

oʍʇ ɥsnɹ ʎʇıʌɐɹb ǝʇoɯoɹd oʇ ןooɔ ʎʇʇǝɹd buıɥʇǝɯos buıop ǝɹɐ ʎǝɥʇ ¿ʇunoɔɔɐ ɹǝʇʇıʍʇ ʞn uoıʇɐʇsʎɐןd ǝɥʇ ʇno pǝʞɔǝɥɔ noʎ ǝʌɐɥ

Playstation UK Twitter

edit: I won't be able to play GR2 right away, but I pre-ordered to show support and my copy shipped yesterday. Loved the first one on Vita, excited to jump back into this beautiful world :)

LotusHD

Banned
oʍʇ ɥsnɹ ʎʇıʌɐɹb ǝʇoɯoɹd oʇ ןooɔ ʎʇʇǝɹd buıɥʇǝɯos buıop ǝɹɐ ʎǝɥʇ ¿ʇunoɔɔɐ ɹǝʇʇıʍʇ ʞn uoıʇɐʇsʎɐןd ǝɥʇ ʇno pǝʞɔǝɥɔ noʎ ǝʌɐɥ

Playstation UK Twitter

Yea I'm hip. Glad to see that the social media in the UK cares at least lol

Strings

9 hours to go! I'm super excited for this, went and platinumed the remaster last week and it was just as fun as playing it on Vita release.

But yeah, seriously, FFXV-levels of hype, except I'm pretty sure this won't horribly disappoint me.

Cyanity

Banned
Hi GR fans, just wanted to come in here and say that, after seeing all the cool promotional videos and art, I'm super excited for this game. I have yet to play the first Gravity Rush though! Can I just buy the second game, or should I get the ps4 remaster and play that first?

mauaus

No, I can't get it to stick either, and I'm also in North America. Then again, it doesn't unlock until Friday for us, so it probably won't go into auto-download until Tuesday night, Wednesday morning.
Thanks for the confirmation, gonna finish wd2 while i wait...

LotusHD

Banned
9 hours to go! I'm super excited for this, went and platinumed the remaster last week and it was just as fun as playing it on Vita release.

But yeah, seriously, FFXV-levels of hype, except I'm pretty sure this won't horribly disappoint me.

Same, I was totally prepared to have this be my GOTY last year, but then that pesky delay happened.

Hi GR fans, just wanted to come in here and say that, after seeing all the cool promotional videos and art, I'm super excited for this game. I have yet to play the first Gravity Rush though! Can I just buy the second game, or should I get the ps4 remaster and play that first?

I'd highly recommend you play the first game for yourself, but in the OT, you'll see that there is both a full walkthrough of the first game, as well as a pretty decent 4 minute recap. So if you really don't want to buy the first game, those are options to consider as well.

Having a hard time deciding whether I want this or Berseria first...

Well I mean, Tales games aren't going anywhere lol :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom