• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush Remaster [PS4} - Review Thread

so quick question about the physical copy of this game. I see it on Amazon (US) but don't see it on any other US store websites. Is the physical version an amazon exclusive or something?

It handles beautifully! I played a little at PSX 2015 and loved it. One of my favorite Vita games that I am so excited to play on the PS4!

e_i

Gah, I ordered Gravity Rush from Amazon weeks ago with release date delivery, now I find out it's coming Thursday. Nuts. Well, at least I got the Prime discount.

Shin-Ra

Wait, so the size of the game is just around 9.9 GB?

I thought the asian version was like 24 GB or am I remembering incorrectly?
Chinese + English SCEJA version was 9.9GB.

24049641531_3ec05799ca_o.png
And yeah, the controls are cake on PS4.

J-Skee

Gah, I ordered Gravity Rush from Amazon weeks ago with release date delivery, now I find out it's coming Thursday. Nuts. Well, at least I got the Prime discount.

Odd, it still shows a February 2nd release date on the Amazon page, although I haven't received a shipping confirmation yet.

Same here. Was hoping to have it by the 2nd. Oh well, I still have to finish the Bloodborne DLC that I purchased the other day.

wicko

Was this ever available in Canada? The usual online stores either don't have a listing or are 3rd party sellers for stupid prices. Referring to retail release.

JSR_Cube

Was this ever available in Canada? The usual online stores either don't have a listing or are 3rd party sellers for stupid prices. Referring to retail release.

Amazon.ca was rumoured to have it but I don't think even that has materialized. Some people are importing it from Amazon.com.

wicko

Amazon.ca was rumoured to have it but I don't think even that has materialized. Some people are importing it from Amazon.com.

Thanks. I thought about doing that too.. looks like $55 CAD after everything said and done. I'll give .CA a little more time before I jump on that.

I didn't love the controls on Vita, to the point that I feel like it affected my enjoyment, but I still think I'll pick up this remaster eventually.

Volcynika

How are the loading times? I played the original via PS+ and the time it took to load turned me completely off from doing any of the challenges, because retrying when I mess up early just took too long.

How are the loading times? I played the original via PS+ and the time it took to load turned me completely off from doing any of the challenges, because retrying when I mess up early just took too long.

From what i understand of the loading times are non-existent now. This is apparently a great port.

Kind of excited to pick this up. I loved the Vita version but it definitely felt a bit hamstrung by its platform and that familiar early-system-life mandate to stuff motion and touch controls in by any means necessary, so it'll be good to play it again with a smoother experience all around.

Has the sequel already been announced for release outside of Japan?

I find it strange how some posters assume this game isn't scoring as well on PS4 because it doesn't meet the expectations of a console audience. Could it not simply be that something important was lost in translation from the original? I felt the controls and presentation on handheld made it a very intimate experience.

Thinking about replaying through this on the Vita in the PS4 OT because I'm cheap. Only got a few hours into it anyway.

Kind of excited to pick this up. I loved the Vita version but it definitely felt a bit hamstrung by its platform and that familiar early-system-life mandate to stuff motion and touch controls in by any means necessary, so it'll be good to play it again with a smoother experience all around.

Has the sequel already been announced for release outside of Japan?
I don't think it was explicitly stated but we can put two and two together. They wouldn't have gone through the trouble of remastering GR for US and making the sequel PS4 exclusive if they weren't going to release the sequel outside of Japan.

Hard

Banned
I wonder if the physical edition will be limited. Just wondering whether I should pick this up now or wait until the price drops a bit.

daveo42

Banned
I wonder if the physical edition will be limited. Just wondering whether I should pick this up now or wait until the price drops a bit.

Depends on where you are and how much you want to spend. My copy from Amazon was under $24 new and that seems to be a fair price for a game that's north of 12 hours.

I thought about that as well. They may have only given Amazon a big but limited shipment or, even if that is the case, demand may not be big enough to dry it up anytime soon.

On the other hand, if demand is higher than expected, they may print more and give Amazon further supply.

No way to really know.

What price point are you waiting for?

Megatron

I don't think it was explicitly stated but we can put two and two together. They wouldn't have gone through the trouble of remastering GR for US and making the sequel PS4 exclusive if they weren't going to release the sequel outside of Japan.

Not necessarily. But this isnt a text heavy game, localization costs wont be high, the game will make a profit, so why not release it?

Hard

Banned
Depends on where you are and how much you want to spend. My copy from Amazon was under $24 new and that seems to be a fair price for a game that's north of 12 hours.

I thought about that as well. They may have only given Amazon a big but limited shipment or, even if that is the case, demand may not be big enough to dry it up anytime soon.

On the other hand, if demand is higher than expected, they may print more and give Amazon further supply.

No way to really know.

What price point are you waiting for?

$20 and I'll bite, since I can't stack GCU. $30 isn't that bad at all, but February - April are very heavy with games I want to buy. I don't want them to run out and be forced to buy it either used or from a scalper.

Great to see the game reviewing well especially for a game that originated on the Vita. I only played a little of it and liked what I played on Vita. Will play to completion on PS4 to get ready for Gravity Rush 2.

Megatron

$20 and I'll bite, since I can't stack GCU. $30 isn't that bad at all, but February - April are very heavy with games I want to buy. I don't want them to run out and be forced to buy it either used or from a scalper.

It's only $24 with Amazon Prime.

ZeroCDR

With the Prime discount I didn't think twice, seems to be an exclusive so I'd rather not regret it later just in case.

It's worth full price, great game, my first Vita platinum and I can't wait to revisit on PS4.

Top Bottom