• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising will be bundled with a....stand

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
perm ban if old

http://andriasang.com/comzml/kid_icarus_stand/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Kid Icarus Uprising will come bundled with a special stand, Project Sora head Masahiro Sakurai revealed today at Twitter. Using the stand, you'll be able to keep the system and screen steady.

Sakurai notes that the stand can, of course, be used with all games, and not just Kid Icarus.

Have a first look at the stand here:

HAofN.jpg

loosus

Banned
Will it work with other games?

Do you think it will require a system update?

Damn, Nintendo, stop fragmenting the 3DS market!

How is this game any more awkward to play than any FPS shooter on the DS like say Metroid Prime Hunters or Call of Duty or Goldeneye?. Am I severely uninformed or is this another example of whiny "hardcore" gamers?

Codeblue

How is this game any more awkward to play than any FPS shooter on the DS or Metroid Prime Hunters. Am I severely uninformed or is this another example of whiny "hardcore" gamers?
I don't think anyone was whining for this.

Also I'm pretty sure Prime Hunters gave me arthritis.

@MUWANdo

Banned
How is this game any more awkward to play than any FPS shooter on the DS like say Metroid Prime Hunters or Call of Duty or Goldeneye?. Am I severely uninformed or is this another example of whiny "hardcore" gamers?

No, it plays very similarly to those games, but lots of people get cramps in their left hands when playing with that particular control scheme, so this is Nintendo's way of helping them out a little bit.

What a horrible idea. This game is dead, as well as the 3DS.

Nintendo has really lost their way....I would expect more from a company that is at the brink of bankruptcy.

Edit: Apparently doom jokes are bannable now?

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
how about two redesigns: one with a second analog and one with a pop-out stand

c'mon GAF, get to complainin'

edit: oh I see CoffeeJanitor got the bullshit rolling, alrighty

Einbroch

Banned

Nintendo has really lost their way....I would expect more from a company that is at the brink of bankruptcy.

Supposedly free peripherals that are totally optional is horrible? Hmm.

I'll take your stand if you don't want it.

So as a lefty I need:

- Circle Pad Pro to even play the damn game

- Stand so my hand doesn't fatigue after 5 minutes and I constantly lose the 3D field

....wow

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
So as a lefty I need:

- Circle Pad Pro to even play the damn game

- Stand so my hand doesn't fatigue after 5 minutes and I constantly lose the 3D field

....wow
It'll be funnier if the Circle Pad Pro can't fit on it.

Regardless, since it supports Circle Pad, I'm happy that I can actually play this game now as a left-hander.

Well, I guess this makes the game more comfortable to play since it eliminates the major problem of supporting the system's weight that's inherent in all DS shooters. Of course, now it's not really a portable game anymore since you need a table to use the stand. I don't actually have a table, so, uh, I guess I now know how those lefties feel.

Luigiv

That's actually pretty cool. Will be useful for just playing the 3DS at my desk in general. I find my pinkies get rather sore when I rest my hand on the desk whilst holding the 3DS (I like to curl my pinkies under the bottom lip of the system and use them as a stand).

udivision

If you're joking, that's a bannable meme (or so they say)
If you're not, well... not everyone will agree

Top Bottom