• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising will be bundled with a....stand

Kazerei

Banned
So as a lefty I need:

- Circle Pad Pro to even play the damn game

- Stand so my hand doesn't fatigue after 5 minutes and I constantly lose the 3D field

....wow

And will the stand even work with the Circle Pad Pro?

It'll be funnier if the Circle Pad Pro can't fit on it.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeah ... about that ...

slidepad-600x300.jpg

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Well, I guess this makes the game more comfortable to play since it eliminates the major problem of supporting the system's weight that's inherent in all DS shooters. Of course, now it's not really a portable game anymore since you need a table to use the stand. I don't actually have a table, so, uh, I guess I now know how those lefties feel.

You don't have a...table?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
What a horrible idea. This game is dead, as well as the 3DS.

Nintendo has really lost their way....I would expect more from a company that is at the brink of bankruptcy.

You... haven't really been paying attention to sales, have you?

Luigiv

Well, I guess this makes the game more comfortable to play since it eliminates the major problem of supporting the system's weight that's inherent in all DS shooters. Of course, now it's not really a portable game anymore since you need a table to use the stand. I don't actually have a table, so, uh, I guess I now know how those lefties feel.
You don't have knees or pinky fingers for when you play on the go? Really now, supporting the systems weight is not rocket science, it's never been a problem, this just makes things a touch easier and more comfortable when you just happen to be at a table (how the hell can you not have a table?).

PKrockin

You don't have knees are pinky fingers for when you play on the go? Really now, supporting the systems weight is not rocket science, it's never been a problem, this just makes things a touch easier and more comfortable when you just happen to be at a table (how the hell can you not have a table?).

I'm just wondering how everyone managed to play Metroid Prime Hunters when this game is apparently such a problem.

fernoca

Come on Nintendo!!

Nintendo 3DS Lite no has to include:

[x] 2 analog pads
[x] 4 shoulder buttons
[x] Bigger screens
[x] Rumble
[x] Better battery life
[x] Wheel-attachment
[x] Stand

..and for $149.99..you're just making it more difficult to you!!!

:p

In any case, it's free and bundle with every copy (?); so..nice I guess. :p

Effect

Looks interesting and if it's free and included with the game then great. One doesn't have to use it but I do like the option if I'm playing while at home and at my desk (where I do play my handheld a lot).

You don't have knees are pinky fingers for when you play on the go? Really now, supporting the systems weight is not rocket science, it's never been a problem, this just makes things a touch easier and more comfortable when you just happen to be at a table (how the hell can you not have a table?).

Right. I was a bit off the mark there, but to maximize comfort, you need a table.

You should try life without a table. It's very liberating.

Emitan

How do you use your computer? How do you write things? Where do you eat?

Emitan

are you like ulillillia with with tables instead of chairs? the guy hasnt used a chair in nearly a decade IIRC

Guevara

I really don't get the 3DS strategy. Every new attachment is like a tacit confession of its faults: it's awkward to hold (this stand) or missing basic features (the Circle Pad pro) or has terrible battery life (the charging doc).

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I really don't get the 3DS strategy. Every new attachment is like a tacit confession of its faults: it's awkward to hold (this stand) or missing basic features (the Circle Pad pro) or has terrible battery life (the charging doc).
Nevermind the attachments, what about releasing games, that's just admitting it has no games if you really think about it.

Guevara

Neverming the attachments, what about releasing games, that's just admitting it has no games if you really think about it.

I know you're kidding, but the fact the Mario Kart AND Mario Land came out this fall sort of does prove that Nintendo was in crisis mode about no games, and especially no 3rd party games to carry the system.

Chuck

Still without luck
Admitting 3DS hardware problems by making bolt-on attachments that fix them. Well done, Nintendo.

fernoca

I feel so bad for this game. Mixed emotions all around. It looks great. Will it play great? One analog? Should Nintendo have included two to begin with so games like this would have been better?

etc.
Maybe I've been out of the loop, but the way the game plays (kinda like Sin & Punishment) a second analog would be pointless or make it better.
Heck the entire game would probably be different; hence why the "second analog attachment" is basically for lefties. Since you move Pit with one analog and you move the cursor with the stylus/touch-screen.

It would be like playing Sin and Punishment like back in the N64 days. If the game was slower-paced wouldn't be a problem, but the game's constantly throwing waves of enemies or just ones that fit the entire screen.
Then again, I've seen people that preferred playing Dead Space Extraction on PS3 with a Dual Shock instead of Move; so in the end...I guess is just a matter of preferences.

Top Bottom