• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising will be bundled with a....stand

Kazerei

Banned
Now that I think about it though, it shouldn't matter that the frankenstick and frankenstand are incompatible.

The purpose of the stand is to support the weight of the console. With stylus controls, you'll have one hand on the stylus, and the other hand holding the 3DS. With dual analog controls, you'll have both hands holding the 3DS. So the stand isn't really needed.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Now that I think about it though, it shouldn't matter that the frankenstick and frankenstand are incompatible.

The purpose of the stand is to support the weight of the console. With stylus controls, you'll have one hand on the stylus, and the other hand holding the 3DS. With dual analog controls, you'll have both hands holding the 3DS. So the stand isn't really needed.

I thought the Circle Pad was for left handers and dual analog was not a control option.

A stand with a PORTABLE system, anyone else see the problem?

Nintendo needs to just release a new version of the system before more of these stupid add ons come out

@MUWANdo

Banned

CPP =/= dual-analogue control scheme. It lets you use the right pad to move instead of the left one, but you still have to aim with the stylus.

Guevara

179445141_570f78c4da_b.jpeg

Emitan

Everyone hoping for dual analog controls needs to try Sin & Punishment 2 with the classic controller. You probably won't want them anymore.

batbeg

Nintendo needs to just release a new version of the system before more of these stupid add ons come out

It's a free bit of plastic that makes it more comfortable for you to enjoy a certain type of gameplay if you happen to have time, space and means
a table
. I don't see any problems at all. I think Sakurai confirmed the game still operates if you don't dock it with this bold new piece of technology.

fernoca

I guess I missed that PSP revision with a stand, same stand that they bundled with launch units since "it made it easier to watch movies".

Is just an stand that some might use, others won't and it's free. Guess they just heard some complaints about their hands getting tired, so added that to appease those, just in case. Heck, people sued Nintendo for breaking TVs by throwing Wii Remotes; so some idiotic guy can probably sue Nintendo and win, because said person claims arthritis after playing the game for extended amount of time...or something.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I thought the Circle Pad was for left handers and dual analog was not a control option.
Yeah, I was just about to say this. Left hand will be using the stylus, the right will be using the circle pad for Kid Icarus at least.

If dual analog is a control option for other games, then it doesn't matter.

That's actually pretty nifty for those who want to keep the 3DS in one place to fully enjoy the 3D effects in the games.

I think this is why. The game is probably playable with the hand-cramping Metroid Prime Hunters controls. In fact, it probably even controls more accurately than a dual analog pad set-up. But the balance of holding the system in your hands would make the system shaky and mitigate the 3D effect as a result.

Hero

Well, that's an interesting extra. Freebie so won't complain.

What a horrible idea. This game is dead, as well as the 3DS.

Nintendo has really lost their way....I would expect more from a company that is at the brink of bankruptcy.

I'm amazed you have the gall to post something like this and not expect to get banned.

Chuck

Still without luck
I don't see any problems at all.

Maybe that Nintendo is admitting that the 3D is shit if you move the system at all without actually admitting it. That or they are making accessories that make it no longer portable. Regardless of the reason, it just shows that the 3D isn't very good and Nintendo knows it.

Emitan

Maybe that Nintendo is admitting that the 3D is shit if you move the system at all without actually admitting it. That or they are making accessories that make it no longer portable. Regardless of the reason, it just shows that the 3D isn't very good and Nintendo knows it.

I love how a plastic stand suddenly invalidates an entire system to you. It's cute.

One of the main reasons I've abstained from picking up a 3DS so far. The fact you need a freaking stand just to keep things in 3D for the limited viewing angle shows how bad the problem really is. Bring on the redesign!

Their two biggest 3DS games either emphasize the 3D or emphasize moving the system around.

So...

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I just don't get the need for a stand - unless the game itself introduces some issue as a combination of it's control selection and the camera or something?

5,800 yen ... jesus. Some of the handheld gaming prices are getting stupid.

edit: i don't know what i'm complaining about - the RRP for 3DS games has been stupid for a while in Japan.

LiK

I just don't get the need for a stand - unless the game itself introduces some issue as a combination of it's control selection and the camera or something?

That piece of plastic is expensive to make!

GDGF

Soothsayer

I'm sorry but I just had to say that this is a terrible post.

fernoca

One of the main reasons I've abstained from picking up a 3DS so far. The fact you need a freaking stand just to keep things in 3D for the limited viewing angle shows how bad the problem really is. Bring on the redesign!

The stand is not for the 3D, is for the way you have to play the game/control it. (one analog, other hand using the stylus..many complained about hand-cramps with Metroid Prime Hunters).

Unless there's recent info that mentions that it was created solely for the 3D...?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

Oh look at that. I'm not sure how people are expected to know that though from one post five pages into in one thread, seems like it needs an announcement or something.

STILL, pretty sure some people in here still believed him.

On topic: hey neat I bet I'll use that. For things like Nintendo Video in particular, it'll sit just perfectly in front of my keyboard on my desk here. I have the suspicion it won't be leaving Japan, though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

"Are getting stupid" ? Don't most high profile handheld titles cost that much ? I mean you bought many Vita titles at launch, I assume they weren't that much cheaper ... or where they ?

The stand is not for the 3D, is for the way you have to play the game/control it. (one analog, other hand using the stylus..many complained about hand-cramps with Metroid Prime Hunters).

Unless there's recent info that mentions that it was created solely for the 3D...?

Ah. Yeah, I can see that side of it. I still think the 3DS needs a wider viewing angle for the 3D, though.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"Are getting stupid" ? Don't most high profile handheld titles cost that much ? I mean you bought many Vita titles at launch, I assume they weren't that much cheaper ... or where they ?

yup - all handheld prices are stupid.

I'm a bit concerned about some specific titles - i can swallow (and will) Pandora's Lab. at 5800 but the Sega Rhythmn game and the FF Rhytmn game at 6080 rrp ? eek.

(obviously instore prices are lowered but yes - handheld games are generally insane at the moment)

Top Bottom