• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix: "There is a secret team working on an unannounced title"

This week's Famitsu has an interview with Tetsuya Nomura in which he hints at a secret title:

—We can’t wait to see it! Lastly, tell us about your outlook for 2012 and your message to the readers.

Nomura: Well first off, I’d like to thank you in advance for your interest in Theatrhythm Final Fantasy which is our commemorative title celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Final Fantasy series as well as KH3D which is in its final stages of production. Considering 2012 is the 10th anniversary of the Kingdom Hearts series, it’ll be good if we are able to do something special for it. Additionally there are the announcements regarding Final Fantasy Versus XIII we are considering, and the HD release of Final Fantasy X as well from the 1st Production Department to look forward to. There is also a secret team working on an unannounced title, so there is a chance that some information about that will be announced this year too, please continue looking forward to these announcements.
http://sqex.info/2012/01/famitsu-weekly-nomura-interview-on-kh3d/

He's saying this after mentioning the 25th anniversary of the Final Fantasy series, so could this be a new FF title?

EDIT: More here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34666594&postcount=131

fmXe1.jpg

RPGCrazied

KH 1 & 2 HD collection already! I hope that anniversary box isn't what they meant, doing something special for KH. It's games I'm not interested in playing.

Goon Boon

Banned
Chrono Break, they aren't happy with ramming just final fantasy into the grounds anymore. Probably just Kingdom Hearts 3 though!

OddworldBOY

Neo Member
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest 2

PLEEAASSSEEE!!!

neh, I kid. if they do indeed do something special, do something unexpected. Pretty much every FF up to 6 and to include X now and Crystal Chroncles has a remake or port.

FF VII finally? Pleasing the fans for once this gen?

KH3 per chance? They can't miss an entire generation I would imagine.

I don't think it is, but it wouldn't surprise me to see that the game has entered very early pre-production, so that the Vs. XIII team has some of their work cut out for them once they get Vs. XIII out the door.

Edit: Also, maybe this is the hinted at BBS Part 2?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The right question would be:

Does anyone care anymore?

It could be a full HD console remake of Final Fantasy VII or VI and I would only be mildly interested at this point.

The name brand is weak. It'll take years to repair. If it weren't for Dragon Quest, you bet their stock prices would be far and away in the danger zone.

StuBurns

Banned
I don't think it is, but it wouldn't surprise me to see that the game has entered very early pre-production, so that the Vs. XIII team has some of their work cut out for them once they get Vs. XIII out the door.
I know they've said the plan was for the Versus guys to do it after they finish that game, but I don't think that's going to happen. Versus has taken too long, and presumably cost too much. They're going to want a Versus 2 with a much shorter turn around, they might put the BbS/DDD team on KH3, save everyone the stress.

I know they've said the plan was for the Versus guys to do it after they finish that game, but I don't think that's going to happen. Versus has taken too long, and presumably cost too much. They're going to want a Versus 2 with a much shorter turn around, they might put the BbS/DDD team on KH3, save everyone the stress.

Problem is the BBS team have no experience making big HD console titles. Versus team now has many, many years under their belt.

b3b0p

Final Fantasy Boxset including every single Final Fantasy in HD for you PS3 and Xbox.

I want a PC release though.

Top Bottom