• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix: "There is a secret team working on an unannounced title"

StuBurns

Banned
Problem is the BBS team have no experience making big HD console titles. Versus team now has many, many years under their belt.
Versus team haven't shipped one HD game. They also haven't made a KH game in the last seven years. KH isn't the kind of game that's going to be very 'next-gen' tech wise anyway, it'd most likely still be all flat shading, no crazy shit.

Problem is the BBS team have no experience making big HD console titles. Versus team now has many, many years under their belt.

Wait, you're saying that the team that's successfully churning out high-quality FF games in rapid succession (RE:CoM, BBS, KH3D, when BBS is the best KH game ever made) is less qualified than the one that's taken all generation long to produce exactly zero games? LOL.

I know they've said the plan was for the Versus guys to do it after they finish that game, but I don't think that's going to happen. Versus has taken too long, and presumably cost too much. They're going to want a Versus 2 with a much shorter turn around, they might put the BbS/DDD team on KH3, save everyone the stress.
Honestly, I wouldn't mind this one bit, but I'm weary that they would take the gameplay and make it too different from KH1 and 2. The deck system is fun, and the various "gimmicks" (I'm not saying that in a negative way, as Command Style changes and whatnot were great fun) work well, but IMO, a main-entry KH game should build off of KH2 gameplay in a conservative manner.

apana

Final Fantasy: The Legend of Zelda

Square Enix is gonna do something that has never been done before, destroy two franchises with one game!

Reveirg

The right question would be:

Does anyone care anymore?

The REAL question is, does anyone care if you don't care anymore?
It's been obvious throughout all Square-Enix discussions around here that despite the animosity against S-E for some recent decisions, people still care a LOT about their games...

Anyway, he's most likely referring to Ito's new project, so I for one am really hyped.

Go_Ly_Dow

Hopefully KH3, but I'm kinda doubtful that they have the resources for it at the moment. Especially if it's targeted towards current gen consoles.

Can these companies just shut the fuck up already or announce the game completely instead of just pandering to the shitty fanboy gossip sites? Imagine if movies or books were announced like this?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Didn't they hire some of the guys from Gundam Extreme for 4 v 4 game? It's probably that since it was mentioned a month or so ago.

It's been obvious throughout all Square-Enix discussions around here that despite the animosity against S-E for some recent decisions, people still care a LOT about their games...

Anyway, he's most likely referring to Ito's new project, so I for one am really hyped.

Where are you getting that people care A LOT?

Wait, you're saying that the team that's successfully churning out high-quality FF games in rapid succession (RE:CoM, BBS, KH3D, when BBS is the best KH game ever made) is less qualified than the one that's taken all generation long to produce exactly zero games? LOL.

How many ps3 games have they churned out? It's all small scale handheld stuff. I'm sure the Versus team could have spit out two handheld KH games if that was their assignment.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind this one bit, but I'm weary that they would take the gameplay and make it too different from KH1 and 2. The deck system is fun, and the various "gimmicks" (I'm not saying that in a negative way, as Command Style changes and whatnot were great fun) work well, but IMO, a main-entry KH game should build off of KH2 gameplay in a conservative manner.

Christ, I hope not. Birth By Sleep is dramatically more fun than KH1 or KH2. KH3 needs to build off of *that*. Do I still want essential KH1/2 basics, like spell shortcuts and so on, rather than a command deck? Sure. But there's tons of innovation from BBS that absolutely deserves to be incorporated. BBS is a main-entry KH game anyway.

kuroshiki

Do they? news to me.

Christ, I hope not. Birth By Sleep is dramatically more fun than KH1 or KH2. KH3 needs to build off of *that*. Do I still want essential KH1/2 basics, like spell shortcuts and so on, rather than a command deck? Sure. But there's tons of innovation from BBS that absolutely deserves to be incorporated. BBS is a main-entry KH game anyway.

Yeah, but the people who boo-hoo over the "spin-offs" and refuse to play them are going to wonder what the hell happened if they go from KH2 to a BBS-style KH3.

I agree with you, but there's a bigger picture that I think Nomura is aware of.

Its absolutley retarded that they still haven't released FF7R. I don't care how much it would've cost, look at the demand and hype it had. It could've sold gangbusters.

How many ps3 games have they churned out? I'm sure the Versus team could have spit out two handheld KH games if that was their assignment.

I'm sure the Osaka team could have completed even one single PS3 game by now if that was their assignment. One that the Versus team has failed at, by the way. LOL.

Some movies are announced this way.

I can't remember Harvey Weinstein being all like "I have a super secret director working on a secret movie but I can't talk about it!". Movies are announced years in advance and everything is pretty much known (title, director, writer, ect...)

Chemo

I'm sure he just means Final Fantasy XII HD. Which is great, because I can't stand the piece of shit that is FFX, but I love FFXII... but yeah, I wouldn't get crazy worked up over this being a new game. Almost assuredly either FFXII HD or Kingdom Hearts 1+2 HD. Something easy for them to make.

Maybe someone should tell Square that if you're constantly teasing your fanbase about far off AAA releases, it diminishes interest in the tangible products right in front of them.

AColdDay

ah yes, your sarcasm leads me to believe that the TRUE key to character design must be:

Anyway I'm down for anything new.

Mirror's Edge and Dead Space are two games that are western and have interesting character designs. Mass Effect's default Shepard is boilerplate, but the rest of the game is full of incredible character design. I think the generalization of western design is just as bad as people who pigeonhole Japanese design.

Top Bottom