• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita wallpaper thread | Customizing dat OLED screen

juxtapose

Sorry if old but, here's a PS Vita Wallpaper Generator

1365448183170.jpg

killatopak

Gold Member
Can I have some for Toukiden? Possibly Ouka/ Ōka.

I found some from the KT facebook page but it's very compressed which is further compressed by the Vita so it looks bad.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So I'm a big fan of the layoutv4 that magictrevor posted way back, and wanted to finally customize my vita a bit, so I went into photoshop and made some of my own wallpapers from his template and figured I would share here -

The minecraft background is a good 6 months early I expect, but still >.>

Here's a couple examples in action -

Hope someone enjoys them :D

Cassen

Neo Member
If anyone remembers the AxP5 videos that were on Youtube, there were some nice thumbnails for select videos that had artwork representing the themes that the fan project was going for. I saved a number of them from back when they were up, and made them into Vita Wallpapers.

I can't find it in this thread and am wondering if it was in another, but there was a cool P4G wallpaper with the bubble for the game icon. Does anyone have that or know where it is? Maybe the person who made it still checks this thread? P4G deserves it's own page on my Vita and Google's coming up with nothing.

phierce

Awesome thread, GAF!

Quick request for any of you talented people...would anyone be willing to make a kickass Boston Red Sox lock screen? Please :)

I've searched for one, but no luck and I suck at this stuff.

Sorry for the double post. I corrected some of the previous wallpapers because there was a problem with the height. And I also added some additional wallpapers and fixed the zip file. Hope you enjoy.

Here is what they all look like:

MRDawzV.png

You can find all of the wallpapers in this gallery on Imgur: Click Here

Or if you want to download the wallpapers in a zip file, you can do so here: Click Here

misterF

Neo Member
I can't find it in this thread and am wondering if it was in another, but there was a cool P4G wallpaper with the bubble for the game icon. Does anyone have that or know where it is? Maybe the person who made it still checks this thread? P4G deserves it's own page on my Vita and Google's coming up with nothing.

A bit late but there's a bunch like the one you described on this page (found the link on the Reddit Vita Wallpaper page) : http://imgur.com/a/Svbbo#32

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
If anyone remembers the AxP5 videos that were on Youtube, there were some nice thumbnails for select videos that had artwork representing the themes that the fan project was going for. I saved a number of them from back when they were up, and made them into Vita Wallpapers.

goddamn this is nice. going to have to save these just because thanks!

Paradoxum

Neo Member
I've been playing around with a concept involving transparency, whilst trying to make the UI look cleaner and more orderly (hard to do with circular bobbing bubble icons..but still.)

Anyway, these are a WIP, and the corners are staying squared until I get the rest down, because it's easier to change things before rounding the corners.

So right, my problem is that once applied, for some reason the lines on it get fucked up, just look at the images you'll get it:

nPwAOdJ.png

mqgDy1s.jpg

When I view the background wallpaper in the picture viewer, it looks perfectly fine with nothing fucked up like when it's set as a wallpaper.

In the image viewer on the vita:
TbkuLZJ.jpg

Any ideas? also, any constructive criticism is welcome too, it's still a WIP though.

LX_Theo

Banned
I made a template of my setup for anyone who wants to use it. Here is it in action.

CZ9FNNc.jpg

Template for the inevitably few and far between in PSD format here.
If anyone has a preferred format for the template, feel free to ask.

And because why not, the ones I use...

Valkyria

Banned
So how do I get around this, do you know? All these other wallpapers look flawless to me once applied.

I'm sorry I have no real knowledge of design but I would try using only one color of lines instead of two type of lines combined. For example using only the light blueish and not the darker ones, just leaving the background.

I've been playing around with a concept involving transparency, whilst trying to make the UI look cleaner and more orderly (hard to do with circular bobbing bubble icons..but still.)

Anyway, these are a WIP, and the corners are staying squared until I get the rest down, because it's easier to change things before rounding the corners.

So right, my problem is that once applied, for some reason the lines on it get fucked up, just look at the images you'll get it:

nPwAOdJ.png

mqgDy1s.jpg

When I view the background wallpaper in the picture viewer, it looks perfectly fine with nothing fucked up like when it's set as a wallpaper.

In the image viewer on the vita:
TbkuLZJ.jpg

Any ideas? also, any constructive criticism is welcome too, it's still a WIP though.

Looks like you are encountering a case of "The Vita has the absolute worst wallpaper handling of transparent images possible".
You can't have transparency and expect anything even half decent to come out of it, trust me, I've tried.

So I'm a big fan of the layoutv4 that magictrevor posted way back, and wanted to finally customize my vita a bit, so I went into photoshop and made some of my own wallpapers from his template and figured I would share here -

The minecraft background is a good 6 months early I expect, but still >.>

Here's a couple examples in action -

Hope someone enjoys them :D

These are great, thanks! Using the Gravity Rush Vita Games one and Playstation network one right now.

Now I just need a PSP and PS1 wallpaper in this vein. If someone could make one of or each of them I'd be really grateful. I have no photoshop skills at all. Even just taking the Solid Snake Playstation Vita games image and putting that into the PSP template, and taking the X, triangle, square, circle pattern miscellaneous image and putting that into the PS1 template or something would be awesome. Or getting creative, whatever floats your boat. (Post 1184 with the templates for reference)

Paradoxum

Neo Member
Looks like you are encountering a case of "The Vita has the absolute worst wallpaper handling of transparent images possible".
You can't have transparency and expect anything even half decent to come out of it, trust me, I've tried.

Right, thanks :( Maybe I can somehow use the parts that aren't messing up and paste them over the area that is, and hope it stays the same..

Okay, so I've got a request for someone to make some backgrounds for my shiny new Vita 2000. I have no photoshop skills myself, so I don't even know if what I'm requesting is a big project, or something that can be done fairly quickly. But, here goes anyways.

Basically, I saw a design I like somewhere outside of this thread, and I'll post some examples.

f3xUtQD.jpg

OmE84TB.jpg

2ZzgnjO.jpg

Honestly, I love that look and would like to steal that.

I would have my characters on the left, all facing the right (opposite of the above), with room for 4 icons (although I'm going to want 5, 2 on the bottom row (if it overlaps a character, I'm cool with that)). Most importantly, I love his background and how he does a two tone that makes them different, but also ties into the look of the character.

I'm thinking of 4 slides, each with a similar background to the above, each with their own character: Raiden, Earthworm Jim, Knuckles, and Kratos.

Here are the assets that I think can be used:

CK8LF.png

This is already pretty good with Kratos facing the right. I actually like this background, but I'd drop it to keep the panels all consistent. So if they are able to do a two tone background like the example, I'd say maybe red/grey of the color of his skin? Honestly, if there is a person who makes these that think other colors work better when they do them, I'm cool with that too!

earthworm-jim-hd-20100609030737866-000.jpg

This one it tougher. I can't find any real big HD versions of him shooting like this. I would want it from the HD version (above), and not the original (pixelated). I'd want the whole body and the gun to facing the right. I'm hoping the character can be enlarged and still look decent. Blue/yellow two tone maybe?

3026664-0935292007-Rippe.jpg

I think this one is pretty sweet! Just move the image to the left, and I'd have room for my bubbles. Grey/black two tone background? Black/red?

bioknuckles.png

No flipping here. Keep the guy on the left, and maybe a red/purple two tone? Green/purple?

Hopefully this is possible and not too massive of a request!

I was bored this past Monday, so I made a bunch of custom Vita walls for myself. I used one of the templates provided a bunch of pages back by
magicaltrevor, but in the interest of shareability, I chose to not make them with text that designated the wallpaper for a specific purpose (like "PSP Games" or "Playstation Network.")

DEyw5D5.jpg

M6xDt2V.jpg

jCEnIbN.jpg

Fmw2CPh.jpg

iLMu1Ml.jpg

8ilVQC0.jpg

jwRDMXm.jpg

lzxk65W.jpg

aZSKJGe.jpg

QP5McXi.jpg

FLl5I49.jpg

ZoT92uj.jpg

NesZwzi.jpg

XLfXJ9c.jpg

lusQ5Tk.jpg

MvcziRV.jpg

km4NV0N.jpg

I'm in a pretty good and generous mood, so two things:

1. If you want these uploaded to a possibly better site than imgur, tell me a place and I'll upload it there
  2. If you want wallpapers that look like this, I will make custom wallpapers for anyone who asks. I'm a little disappointed that this thread has petered out, so I'll do anything to keep it alive. I have four requirements for requests: A) Nothing overly violent or sexual. B) I will not track images down for you. Either PM me links or find a way to get them to me. C) No, I will not add text to the image, unless its a joke like the Cartman pic. D) Yes, I will make you a wallpaper even with something like that triangle format, but for the love of God, try to make sure that the images will work before you give them to me.

Cheers and enjoy!

Top Bottom