• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Men - Season 5 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
She was just horny.
42xoj.gif

not overly impressed by the premier

seemed kind of sluggish and the writing was rusty

megan is pretty annoying

good to have it back though

WillyFive

Well, that was indeed a Mad Men premiere.

Par the course, it won't really get good until later in the season, but this one did have some laughs here and there.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Bring Naturi Naughton back(she played the black bunny last season). Pryce has jungle fever. I'm sure he owes her some favors.

Oh shit, that's right... That Playboy Club show is off the air, I don't think she's working right now.

kirblar

Given the layoff, taking the time to re-establish the interpersonal dynamics (and really, to fully introduce Megan as a full-fledged character/castmember) worked really well. One of the funniest episodes they've ever done, but there was despair lurking in unexpected places that made it really work.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Times a changin'. Gunna be interesting for closet racists who were a fan of the show not having a black cast member
KuGsj.gif

i can't imagine anyone dumb enough to be racist enjoying the subtlety of a show like mad men

great premiere, i can tell this is gonna be a solid season.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
i can't imagine anyone dumb enough to be racist enjoying the subtlety of a show like mad men

You never know... not every dumbass is a racist and not every smart person is accepting of everyone.

Mangotron

To me Megan's just coming off as mentally ill instead of sexy. All of her scenes were hella awkward. It's kind of hard to understand why Don likes her considering his low bullshit tolerance. Betty is about 1000x more interesting, they should've just left Don single.

Still not getting the baby testicles scene either, outside of creepy-Weiner's strange tendencies toward sexualizing children.

To me Megan's just coming off as mentally ill instead of sexy. All of her scenes were hella awkward. It's kind of hard to understand why Don likes her considering his low bullshit tolerance. Betty is about 1000x more interesting, they should've just left Don single.

its hard to wrap my head around don being married to her

she seems like another one of his affairs

first time ive really missed betty?

anaron

There's a bracket of the fanbase that cheer Don's behavior and how "it was better back then" so I wouldn't rule it out.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
its hard to wrap my head around don being married to her

she seems like another one of his affairs

same. to my mind, the fact that she is his wife and not a fling is reflective of don's erratic emotional thrashing that's always just beneath the placid surface.

WillyFive

Yeah, the scenes with Don and his French wife are absolutely ridiculous and embarrassing to watch. It was crazy how Don decided to marry her out of nowhere last season, and it's not any better now when she doesn't seem to be all that bright upstairs.

lush

Another topic Weiner and I discuss is the period. We open on Memorial Day weekend of 1966, after last season ended in the fall of '65.

I interviewed Matt Weiner earlier this week, and he agreed to discuss the events of the premiere on the condition that I not publish the interview til Monday morning. So look for that when you wake up tomorrow. Among other things, he discusses why Betty's not in the episode.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/mad-men-a-little-kiss-im-a-man-im-40

Glad to have Mad Men back in my life. Lane is fucking crazy. Keeping the picture was one thing, but to have that damn in your wallet?

Mangotron

I know he's kind of the medium that the show operates through, but I kind of wish they'd cut Don's character back a bit at this point. We just had an entire season that was essentially an expose on him, I'd like them to ramp up Pete and Roger's out of the office doings more. Let Don take a back seat and work through his inevitable divorce with this nutjob.

anaron

As for the premiere, I thought it was fairly awkward and forced, with hints of a far more interesting ride to come; as the show usually does unfold that way. Very happy to see the civil rights movement playing out on the show.

Also: Megan needs to slip off the balcony asap.

Imm0rt4l

As for the premiere, I thought it was fairly awkward and forced, with hints of a far more interesting ride to come; as the show usually does unfold that way. Very happy to see the civil rights movement playing out on the show.

Also: Megan needs to slip off the balcony asap.

Not before we get to see some more of dat ass...Got dayum.

DarkKyo

I can't imagine how nerve-racking it must have been for the actress who plays Megan to sing in front of every single actor/actress in the show...

LuchaShaq

Banned
The song at Don's birthday was so fucking cringe worthy. She sang fine but the idea of it just wtf at Megan. Can't wait until she gets fucking hit by a truck or divorced.

Don is infatuated with Megan. I mean, she's sexy as hell, but obviously they don't work. Will Don ever find "the one?" I don't think it's possible for any of these characters to end up genuinely happy. There's no pleasing any of them.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Don is infatuated with Megan. I mean, she's sexy as hell, but obviously they don't work. Will Don ever find "the one?" I don't think it's possible for any of these characters to end up genuinely happy. There's no pleasing any of them.

Since season one I always thought Joan+Don would be perfect. Don initially enjoys pretty girls with no real brains, but he actually would respect Joan like the Jewish department store girl. Also Joan would probably be into the slap you in the face beat your ass hooker sex Don had and loved from his old hooker.

Fucking Lane and his paranoia about the cabbie dang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom