• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Witcher 2 360 HQ footages are here

DarkChild

Banned
I've been lurking around yt to see if I can find some EE videos from Witcher 2 since some people already have it and I've found it. There hasn't been many 360 videos released, and those released(comparison) where low quality. So for you guys who want to see how it looks, here!

3 parts, obvious spoilers, but who wants...

I got to say it looks incredible. I have hard time believing this runs on 360 infact.

1/3 (rest in description).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAn1qFbxcTk&feature=relmfu

Chinner

Banned
some comparisons shots from PC version I've taken (ultra, but with no ubersampling)
witcher2_2011_10_01_13udfs.png

witcher2_2011_10_01_13dem4.png

witcher2_2011_10_01_14qelu.png

witcher2_2011_10_01_14rf92.png

witcher2_2011_10_01_14fds1.png

witcher2_2011_10_01_141fb0.png

(click picture to full size)

x360 version looking very sexy. you'd be a fool not to buy this game.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I heard this game is great. I think I'm going to buy it now that it's on the 360.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I've been lurking around yt to see if I can find some EE videos from Witcher 2 since some people already have it and I've found it. There hasn't been many 360 videos released, and those released(comparison) where low quality. So for you guys who want to see how it looks, here!

3 parts, obvious spoilers, but who wants...

I got to say it looks incredible. I have hard time believing this runs on 360 infact.

1/3 (rest in description).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAn1qFbxcTk&feature=relmfu

A developer actually tried.

I'm getting the PC version of this eventually

wowzer, very impressive for 360

Where are those screens from Chinner? I have completed the game (Roach path) and never came across that area...Im in the second Act for the other path as well.

SparkTR

Lighting and textures took a massive hit, but yeah it looks good all things considered. Probably not going to double-dip though.

Demon Ice

Banned
CD Projekt are incredible.

I have this game on PC and I sincerely encourage all 360 players to get it, it was truly a fantastic RPG.

Probably gonna revisit it on PC, I finished my 3rd playthrough before the latest patch hit, which I hear was a game changer.

Chinner

Banned
wowzer, very impressive for 360

Where are those screens from Chinner? I have completed the game (Roach path) and never came across that area...Im in the second Act for the other path as well.

the video in the OP and my screenshots are from the tutorial which was added in the 2.0 patch.

Chinner

Banned
worth mentioning video 1 and 2 are of the tutorial and arena, which contains no spoilers. video 3 onwards is the actual beginning of the game.

i've got screenshots if people want comparisons, but unless anyone wants me to i'll refrain from posting unless people want themz.

Fruitster

Looks superb. Not sure how CDPR managed to squeeze this out of the 360! Can't wait to play this game finally.

Chinner

Banned
looking at more of the videos, the lighting has definitely taken a hit with the colour correction and HDR so it looks a bit flat. still sexy tho.

Theonik

Seems to have quite a bit of screen tear early on the video. Apart from that it looks ok. Nothing incredible but then again it doesn't have to be.

MMaRsu

Banned
The guy playing it is a fucking idiot at times.

Yup, this guy owns a channel and shows him playing through console games? If that is indicative of the general level of console gamer these days I am sad, holy shit at how long it took him to riposte. Did he play Dark Souls? I must check now lol :p.

The game itself looks VERY good :D.

Thank goodness they fixed the small UI. Hopefully that carries over to the PC update as I play that version on my TV. I was having to use a small mod to increase the UI size.

Levyne

Banned
What's my looking?

I wasn't looking for the word, I know what a partitive noun is. And it has no grammatical plural. That was my point.

eh, was just providing the word...if I rubbed you the wrong way somehow you have my apologies

on topic: Feels weird to have been waiting for the port but now I have a pc that can run it too

Special J

Banned
i think Geralt's character design prevents this franchise from becoming critical mass.

he's a rough rugged guy facial scars and all and yes hes a great character but first impressions sometimes can be a barrier.

Though it is a downgrade from the PC version, the graphics are incredible for the 360.

Never been so surprised since Resident Evil 4 on PS2.

rogue74

i think Geralt's character design prevents this franchise from becoming critical mass.

he's a rough rugged guy facial scars and all and yes hes a great character but first impressions sometimes can be a barrier.

I don't agree with this at all. Rough rugged and facial scars being a barrier to mass appeal? How do you explain Marcus Fenix?

derFeef

Woah, the amount of rework is astounding. So much new (optimized, new ones, and not just resampled) textures. Fantatsic work.

Darkkn

It's not quite sex for eyeballs like the PC version, but still looks way better than other RPG:s on consoles. Now if other RPG makers could get their shit together.. Being an RPG is not a valid excuse for game looking like ass anymore *ahem*Dragon Age...

rvy

Banned
Game looks very good. Some issues here and there with tearing, but definitely looks great. Will buy at some point.

ironcreed

Banned
Yes, it has some tearing, but the visuals are still very crisp. More than sufficient for me, I just want to play the damn game.

burgerdog

Haha, "remove your wet boots and equip your new boots and read the note." *Watch the dude fail that shit for what seems over a minute for something that should take 5 seconds.

Is this worth double-dipping/is there a reason to?

I played for about 5 hours at launch for the PC, but I haven't had the time to commit to it that I should.

Haha, "remove your wet boots and equip your new boots and read the note." *Watch the dude fail that shit for what seems over a minute for something that should take 5 seconds.

That tutorial is kind of funny. The people who wouldn't figure out how to manage the inventory on their own in about 2 seconds aren't the kind of people that are going to read tutorial messages.

Top Bottom