• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 coming to iOS on April 25 [Update: :( ]

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://i.joystiq.com/2012/04/20/mar...os/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The craziest, flashiest, most screen-fillingly manic fighting game ever is being shrunk down for iOS. Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes is coming to iPhone and iPad on April 25, finally allowing you to take it for a ride in your pocket.

All 56 characters are present, as are the three-character team format and the tag functionality. What doesn't appear to be present, at least in the screens shared by Capcom, are virtual buttons. As of right now the controls for this iOS release are a mystery. Unless the game is iCade exclusive, however, expect an adjustment period (perhaps an infinite adjustment period) before you get comfortable playing this on a phone.

Nemesis_

who wanted this?

kgTaX.gif

obonicus

http://i.joystiq.com/2012/04/20/mar...os/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The craziest, flashiest, most screen-fillingly manic fighting game ever is being shrunk down for iOS. Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes is coming to iPhone and iPad on April 25, finally allowing you to take it for a ride in your pocket.

All 56 characters are present, as are the three-character team format and the tag functionality. What doesn't appear to be present, at least in the screens shared by Capcom, are virtual buttons. As of right now the controls for this iOS release are a mystery. Unless the game is iCade exclusive, however, expect an adjustment period (perhaps an infinite adjustment period) before you get comfortable playing this on a phone.

Shouldn't you at least quote the text if you're copy-pasting it off another website?

Floex

Of all the Capcom games could have chosen *Facepalm*

Where's Puzzle Fighter? Where's Bionic Commando? Megaman? Beat em ups are one of the worst game styles to use on a touchscreen

Chavelo

Megaman-X iOS syndrome to strike again.

Music for levels = 5 bucks
Play as MSS = 10 bucks
Unlock Multiplayer mode = 20 dollars

CAPCPOM

I'll be playing this in the theater before Avengers starts.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 that is, on my Vita.

Looking at the pics, this is quite an achievement in... something.

Tucah

you speak so well
This does not seem like a good idea. Fighting games on iPhone/Pad - not a good idea in general, let alone one of the fastest fighters around.

as much as i dislike fighters on my iphone, i will definitely be buying this if its at a reasonable price. knowing capcom, it'll probably be $10 or something ridiculous.

GQman2121

Banned
I almost got this confused with 3 and was going to ask about the characters being unlocked day one. That certainly would have been more interesting.

What's the pricing on this?

M3d10n

I cannot believe Capcom will pass the chance of selling each individual character as IAP. Also, seems 3GS owners have nothing to fear: there's no retina-display support anywhere in sight.

Dat ground. It's almost as if someone found the source code for an unreleased PSOne version.

Top Bottom