• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THQ will drop Devil's Third (Itagaki's game)

Kifimbo

From Twitter:

@patrickklepek: THQ "in discussion" with other companies regarding Itagaki's Devil's Third. No longer "fits THQ's profile."”

Jim Reilly ‏ @jimreilly
The future of Devil's Third is up in the air.

Devil's Third is Itagaki new game (at Valhalla).

MMaRsu

Banned
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

ITAGAKI SAN ARE YOU OK

come on PlatinumGamesJP give us another God Hand will you? Only you can save the future of 'beat em up' action games.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Not really a surprise.

1) THQ is in a dire, possibly near-death situation
2) Japan->US crossover hit: unlikely. Smash success from new studio: unlikely.
3) Not ready until 2013, the whole platform ecosystem is up in the air.

Bummer for Itagaki.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Sell the game to Platinum, where it would fit into their style quite easily.

Platinum isn't a publisher, and Platinum itself has no guarantees for ongoing publishing opportunities (not implying anything about Platinum, just that independent devs with records of quality but commercially mixed products aren't exactly in the best position right now, and we've already heard musings about Sega folding Bayonetta 2)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Did the Bayo2 rumour end up true? If so, could mean both Devil's Third and Bayo2 being shopped around to pubs at the same time.

After the success of well-known IP like Ninja Gaiden 3 you have to wonder who is gonna want to invest.

I would love to know why this has taken so long to come out. Makes me think THQ should have managed the project better and been harsher with deadlines. It was announced over two years ago.

Liamario

Banned
I suspect the game isn't finished yet, and it could be finished over at Platinum with Itagaki's team moving over.
Of course, what I am saying is complete and utter fantasy.

FStop7

Banned
5505685_det.jpg

Tiktaalik

I know nothing about this game, but I do know that Itagaki has a penchant for developing games with lots of boobs and blood. Maybe an opportunity for Nintendo to show they have hardcore gamer cred?

Draconian

Maybe he can join the EA Partners program for the stupendous perk of an online pass with as little advertising as possible.

I would love to know why this has taken so long to come out. Makes me think THQ should have managed the project better and been harsher with deadlines. It was announced over two years ago.

I think the pretty much announced the game with a 2012 release or something. They knew they would need a lot of time to develop the game, which I thought was pretty weird back then.

Blablurn

Maybe they should change it to a next gen launch title to get some more attention. Even if it costs a lil more... Of course they need a new publisher first.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance to be the last big japanese action combat title ever.

What needs to happen: Microsoft buys Itagaki's studio. Then give Tecmo enough money to buy the Ninja Gaiden IP. Then have Itagaki revive the series after the UT Team Ninja Dog used on the series with NG3.

Top Bottom