• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

The_Monk

Nice. Congratulations.

Congratulations to you both, may you be blessed with many more to come. My wife and I celebrate 13 years here soon so, I appreciate the significance.

Congratulations! I just got engaged last October and it is definitely an amazing feeling!

Huzzah! Congratulations! :)

Thank you all for the very kind words fellow GAFfers, it was indeed a hard investment but it was worth it.

bender

What time is it?
Yesterday me and my lady had our 7th anniversary.

Huzzah! Congratulations! :)

I received Tokyo Jungle in the post today and decided to share my last few months of pickups.
V0MIM.jpg

80brm.jpg

I'd never seen Whisper of the Heart until this purchase. It's one of my favorite Ghibli movies now. :) (sorry for being upside down Botinacula Sountrack!)
KQ1uj.jpg

Finally retired my WRT54G. You served me well for 8(?) years. I'll miss you tomato firmware. My IP phone was just too much for you to handle.

Time to give Tokyo Jungle a whirl.

RkOwnage

Excited, ordered it yesterday and it arrived today, and I didn't pay for Saturday shipping, sometimes Amazon really comes through. You too, UPS. Diablo mouse is actually really solid, comfortable and am really liking it so far. Obviously the video card doesn't make much of a difference in Diablo 3, but it's nice seeing BF3 and Skyrim in Ultra settings with 60fps.

Now, I need a Network Interface card (Any recommendations?) and a second Acer 23' monitor, and I'll be in business...and even farther down the road, a new Case with better cable management, my current setup is a mess.

And undoubtedly my biggest news, my new apartment. The wife and I have both received jobs in Orlando and are moving there from Savannah next month. We managed to find an elderly couple looking to rent to take over our house long term and that solves the selling problem, for now! Very excited!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/KissFranny/98839174.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/KissFranny/0e6e8b99.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/KissFranny/d9efeddb.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/KissFranny/22f0ce8a.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/KissFranny/85e6ffcd.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Purple 3DS
White Kinect
Red Wii
Pink PS3 controller

...Blimey. What's wrong with black electronics like everyone else? :P

Chairhome

And undoubtedly my biggest news, my new apartment. The wife and I have both received jobs in Orlando and are moving there from Savannah next month. We managed to find an elderly couple looking to rent to take over our house long term and that solves the selling problem, for now! Very excited!

Cool, congrats. That area gets pretty busy around the holidays, but its very nice. Welcome soon to Orlando!

RkOwnage

Cool, congrats. That area gets pretty busy around the holidays, but its very nice. Welcome soon to Orlando!

Thank you, my wife is absolutely obsessed with Walt Disney World, so I am sure I'll be spending a lot of time at the parks, but I love the Orlando area.

Quake1028

7385598158_77c1774c77_z.jpg

Birthday loot! Also got $100 in Amazon GC's and a check from my mom.

(My young nephews gave me the $2, coolest gift ever :).)

mblitek

7385598158_77c1774c77_z.jpg

Birthday loot! Also got $100 in Amazon GC's and a check from my mom.

(My young nephews gave me the $2, coolest gift ever :).)

Blow Your Pants Off is sooo good! I'm in love with Neil Young's "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" and Walk of Shame is pretty funny too!

Jamie OD

100_0605.jpg

Ordered this back in May and got it at the start of this month. Works like a charm so far. The screen is excellent so I decided to add a few Blu-Ray sets.

d9e31040.jpg

I also got Disgaea 3 yesterday at a GameStop sale. They also had Disgaea 4 but it wasn't part of the sale and it is one of the more expensive games they have for some reason.

HfzRRl.jpg

Took advantage of Best Buy's 100% trade-in bonus last weekend and cleared out all my old games. Paid for most of the iPad, which I've always wanted. Holy smokes what an awesome device. I've been in iOS gaming heaven for the last week.

Then after using the iPad I became really unhappy with my Droid X, as it had become seriously janky as of late.

My first Apple purchases since the original Shuffle. I must say it is a really elegant experience compared to what I have been used to.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I was at a gaming con over the weekend, got a pretty decent haul. Plus my Gungnir copy came in the mail.

gDeCo.jpg

Nice. Always wanted to play the Sakura Taisen series, but... yeah, I can't read it :(

Then again, I still haven't bought the ST game that came out in the US, so I guess I should just blame myself.

Dimorphic

HfzRRl.jpg

Took advantage of Best Buy's 100% trade-in bonus last weekend and cleared out all my old games. Paid for most of the iPad, which I've always wanted. Holy smokes what an awesome device. I've been in iOS gaming heaven for the last week.

Then after using the iPad I became really unhappy with my Droid X, as it had become seriously janky as of late.

My first Apple purchases since the original Shuffle. I must say it is a really elegant experience compared to what I have been used to.

Welcome friend, welcome.

Skilletor

Went to the denver comic-con and got to meet J. Scott Campbell. He's a super chill dude and took tons of time to just talk with fans. I was surprised, because he had a small booth set up. I almost missed him.

133C6A91-C5DD-45D0-ADEC-91640B90C061.jpg

Got all of these signed. :D

Loxley

Went to the denver comic-con and got to meet J. Scott Campbell. He's a super chill dude and took tons of time to just talk with fans. I was surprised, because he had a small booth set up. I almost missed him.

133C6A91-C5DD-45D0-ADEC-91640B90C061.jpg

Got all of these signed. :D

One of my favorite artists, awesome!

Cypher

Blu-Ray Steelbooks! (All exclusive at Best Buy)

The Book of Eli
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Clash of the Titans
Sherlock Holmes
Sucker Punch

DSC03907.jpg

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D (with bonus 40-min disc "Vehicles of Vengeance")

DSC03901.jpg

Quake1028

7390541996_ae2d206648_c.jpg

Spent all of that birthday money, save the Amazon GC's :D. Also bought a Vita, Ninja Gaiden, WipEout, pouch, memory card and a copy of Ninja Turtles on BD for my brother's birthday.

Wubby

Finally got lucky and found Avatar 3D at a used shop for cheap. I've been looking for it for a long time (and not willing to pay obscene online prices for it).

Also picked up the 7-11 limited edition One Piece Thousand Sunny Grand Ship model.

smr00

Banned
My first pick-up post! Went to the Goodwill on a whim and found these:

photo-15.jpg

I think I'll be visiting there more often.
Everytime i see goodwill hauls like this i want to commit suicide.

Been goodwilling for almost 5 years now and have yet to find anything decent, mostly sports titles and overpriced original xbox's.

Amazing haul and i want to rob you.

Vinsanity

All those games from Goodwill? Naw dog....no way.

Couldn't believe it myself, man. All of them were just there on a shelf. Stuff like this usually doesn't happen to me. Walked over to the register with the biggest smile on my face. Cashier even gave me 15% off the games and the N64. Receipt below:

photo1.jpg

Just moved into the neighborhood, and went there with no expectations. They even had unused (but discontinued) furniture from Target in there (bought a couple of pieces for the SO). Definitely going back there again.

Thoraxes

Couldn't believe it myself, man. All of them were just there on a shelf. Stuff like this usually doesn't happen to me. Walked over to the register with the biggest smile on my face. Cashier even gave me 15% off the games and the N64. Receipt below:

photo1.jpg

Just moved into the neighborhood, and went there with no expectations. They even had unused (but discontinued) furniture from Target in there (bought a couple of pieces for the SO). Definitely going back there again.

Holy shit.

Lucent

Everytime i see goodwill hauls like this i want to commit suicide.

Been goodwilling for almost 5 years now and have yet to find anything decent, mostly sports titles and overpriced original xbox's.

Amazing haul and i want to rob you.

EXACTLY THIS! The best thing I found was Motorstorm. That's it. Everything else is as you said: sports games and overpriced xbox games.

-sigh-

Whoever gave all those games to goodwill is crazy. Those games would've gotten a decent price.

Kaibutsu

Last Month's Stuff

auW9E.jpg

I79yJh.jpg

R3iYS.jpg

Ghost Talker's Daydream Vol. 6 Don't know why it took me so long to pick this up, Ninja Girls Vol. 9 and Rohan at the Louvre. Man I love Araki's art

4Wmok.jpg

May be the only person that thought John Carter was fantastic, never saw the last two Underworld movies and the box was cheap so what the hell, I absolutely hate Sucker Punch and think it might possibly be one of the worst movies I've ever seen and yet I bought it cause it's pretty, go figure.

bZQey.jpg

Yakuza Dead Souls on sale from Newegg, couldn't pass it up and glad I decided to bite on the 3DS card case when I did since it's no longer available on Club Nintendo

P6VkMh.jpg

*sigh* My brother got me into "the shoe game" this month and I picked up these bad boys. Jordan 4 Retro Military Blue. Glad I was able to get these but was unable to snag a pair of the Air Yeezy 2s :(

dvB0Oh.jpg

I love Chucks so I bought another pair.

4qWkT.jpg

Late to the party on Cards Against Humanity but jumped on them when they were back in-stock. Stupid expensive ass ink

xAIUy.jpg

Hangover II Best Buy steel book I got for cheap, I know Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance isn't an Oscar winner but I pick up every comicbook movie, & Unlimited Blade Works yay!

Ry6yv.jpg

Lollipop Chainsaw might be my favorite game so far this year! Went with the physical copy for Gungnir since it's not Vita compatible, Operation Raccoon City while a turd is worth the $17.99 I paid for it, Gravity Rush is fantastic!

8OMXv.jpg

Recommended by Turvy so I picked it up

5rM3v.jpg

More Unicorn is always a good thing, haven't seen Chronicle but I hear good things so I picked it up, Hidamari Sketch xSP, and I already own the collector's edition DVD for Sin City but for $5 I'll gladly purchase the Blu-ray

SQhXoh.jpg

*sigh* Impulse buy for me while I was at Best Buy picking up Chronicle & Sin City. This will be my 5th DS I think? Anyway, I'm loving it and can't wait to play Pokemon Conquest this week on it!

June 26

cWKyRh.jpg

xkgbmh.jpg

xx2L2.jpg

Brand new unopened Silhouette Mirage! Yeah it's the ps1 version and not the Saturn version but I think it's still good and it was cheap!

Top Bottom