• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SpikeTV VGA 10 to be hosted by Samuel L. Jackson, Sneak Peak at Next-Gen.

BY2K

Membero Americo
http://www.spike.com/articles/o5zh1...th-anniversary-of-spike-tvs-video-game-awards

Samuel L. Jackson will return to Spike TV to host "VGA TEN," the tenth anniversary of the "Video Game Awards" live on Friday, December 7 at 9:00pm ET/6:00pm PT. The acclaimed international film, stage and video game star, most recently featured in the summer blockbuster, "The Avengers," has hosted the "VGAs" three times from 2005-2007.

The biggest night in the gaming universe will feature world premieres of the most anticipated games of the future and once again simultaneously air LIVE on both Spike TV and Spike.com. "VGA Ten" will also air in over 100 countries and territories around the world.

"I'm thrilled to once again preside over the biggest night of gaming," said Jackson. "And to all the gamers out there – you better circle the date right now and not make any plans that night – you don't want to be that one guy among your friends who misses this show."

"Sam is a gamer, an icon and one badass host," said Casey Patterson, Executive Producer and Executive Vice President, Event Production, Talent & Studio Relations for Viacom Entertainment Group. "We are thrilled to have him back at the controls for 'VGA Ten' as we celebrate a decade in the gaming universe."

Also returning to the "VGAs" is Executive Producer Mark Burnett, the multi-Emmy Award-winning acclaimed producer of "Survivor," "The Voice," "The Apprentice," the "63rd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards," the "MTV Movie Awards" and the "People's Choice Awards."

"The combination of Samuel L. Jackson and the Tenth Anniversary of the 'Video Game Awards' are already making this year's show a must-see event for gamers all around the world," said Burnett, "and we haven't even started talking about all of the World Premieres yet!"

"I'm a huge Samuel L. Jackson fan and literally can't get enough of him," Burnett continued. "What an amazing opportunity to work with Spike for the second time and with him for the first time."

In January, Jackson was cited by Guinness Book of World Records as the highest-grossing actor of all time, bringing in over seven billion dollars in revenue. Jackson next stars in Quentin Tarantino's upcoming film, "Django Unchained," which comes to theaters this December.

Since 2003, Spike TV's "Video Game Awards," has paid tribute to the year's absolute best in gaming and featured exclusive world premieres of the most anticipated games of the future. The "VGAs" have gained the reputation of being the place for the world's top video publishers to premiere their titles, and this year, "VGA Ten" will provide a sneak peak of the next generation of gaming.

Dubbed the "Oscars for Videos Games" by The Los Angeles Times & The Washington Post, the show has featured appearances by Hugh Jackman, Charlize Theron, Jack Black, Tiger Woods, Foo Fighters, Kiefer Sutherland, Dwayne Johnson, Stevie Wonder, Neil Patrick Harris, Zac Levi, Jake Gyllenhaal, Weezer, Eva Mendes, Kevin James, Tony Hawk, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson, Vin Diesel, Snoop Dogg and many more.

For additional information about other "VGA" world exclusives and announcements, fans can log onto VGA.spike.com and get updates via Twitter @SPIKE_TV, as well as the hashtag #VGA.

Yeah, I know, it's early as hell to start talking about the VGAs...

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oscars of gaming. Seriously. Jesus, why the hell doesn't the ESA have their own award shows that is actually serious?

Anyway, I am waiting for the hype done by Geoff!

and this year, "VGA Ten" will provide a sneak peak of the next generation of gaming.

Wonder what this means? Real look at Durango/Orbis, or just UE4 or something similar?

guessing the latter, but too early to say.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Dubbed the "Oscars for Videos Games" by The Los Angeles Times & The Washington Post

iXUwpN9XwFvX8.gif

Wow.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So I guess Wii U doesn't count as next gen according to Spike?

Considering how much effort went into The Last of Us being debuted at the VGA they obviously mean the PS4 will be officially revealed. Obviously.

Piggus

So the same guy who can never remember which Grand Theft Auto game he stared in is hosting a video game award show. Awesome.

I love SLJ but come on.

VGA's are the biggest joke ever. They didn't give the winners anytime to talk but they let some random internet dude ramble for no reason.

CKD5989

Haven't gotten through 5 mins of the previous shows without getting douche chills. Needless to say as a gamer I'm embarrassed this supposedly represents the best the industry has to offer.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I can't stand Jackson. Will watch on mute during all of his bullshit.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
The Oscars for video games. :lol

Also, it would seem a bit counterproductive for Sony to show the PS4 with TLoU and Beyond slated for early/mid 2013.

Kurod

Banned
After getting worked up and watching last years VGA's the only thing I can say about it anymore is "ugh".

I guess we at least we got that head bobbing Miyamoto gif floating around the internet out of it.

DMczaf

Samuel L Jackson is 87 years old. Why the fuck does he keep doing these vidya game awards for? Besides the money.

Anth0ny

the vgas were better than E3.

I bet there will be some cool reveals this year. Wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft reveals 720, tbh. It could be their 2005 MTV event equivalent.

Salsa

Im really tired of all these monkey-fighting celebrity skits on these monday-to-friday crappy award shows

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
This has the potential of bringing us a new set of "Banned" gifs without the need to photoshop SLJ in them.

"The Oscars of Gaming"

I'm not sure if I should laugh at that, or weep. The VGAs have, and always will be, a terrible cash grab to promote holiday titles as they fall out of relevance. The single redeeming factor has been the promise of E3-level game announcements & trailers in the off-season. I don't care who the host is. I don't care about the nominees. The promise of "a look at the next gen" doesn't say much (Calling it now, a new Watch_Dogs trailer).

Wake me up in mid-November when Geoff starts tweeting ominous things about "industry-shaking reveals".

ElRenoRaven

Sorry but not even Sam Jackson and a sneak peak at the next gen could get me to watch that god awful shit called the VGAs. I was actually happy for the first time by not watching them last year and plan to keep it that way this year.

Duffyside

Banned
Wrong pick for a host, not going to improve at all, will watch reveals five minutes after they air.

Just let me plan this for you, Spike. I'll do such a good job! And I'll do it for free too!

BY2K

Membero Americo
What were the reveal, last year?

I remember that Fort game from Epic, The Last of Us, the Revengeance is now made by Platinum reveal and Command and Conquer General 2.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
What were the reveal, last year?

I remember that Fort game from Epic, The Last of Us, the Revengeance is now made by Platinum reveal and Command and Conquer General 2.

What happened to that one anyway? Was it at E3?

Fjordson

Meh, I'll watch some of it. Seems like there's been a few good reveals every year so far, even if a lot of it is fairly dumb.

BY2K

Membero Americo
What happened to that one anyway? Was it at E3?

IIRC, we haven't heard about it since the VGAs last year.

Hm.. Where is Angry Joe when you need him?

Crying in a corner every time someone mentions his interview with Geoff from 2010. I don't think he ever mentioned the VGAs last year, except for one joke on Twitter.

Top Bottom