• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black and White Version 2 Japanese |OT| A New Masuda Method

Izayoi

Banned
I still can't get over the amazing champion theme.

Such a huge step up from BW's rather lackluster one.

So fucking good.

gosox333

I'm hopefully gonna get to start playing this today. I better, because today and tomorrow are my only days off all week.

It's gonna be like Christmas, only two days of it.

Apparently, the Assist and Challenge keys are version exclusive; Black 2 gets the Challenge Key, White 2 gets the Assist Key.

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU. Gotta get Black 2 now. :(

Apparently, the Assist and Challenge keys are version exclusive; Black 2 gets the Challenge Key, White 2 gets the Assist Key.

That is really, really dumb. Has anyone found out yet if you keep your key when you pass it on to another player, and more importantly if the keys can be traded over Wi-Fi?

I pray the answer to both is yes, because otherwise those keys are going to be real commodities.

Riposte

Can someone explain to me what Challenge mode is exactly? Is it a traditional harder difficulty or is it something which scales levels for a "NG+" kind of experience?

Gruco

Banned
Wow, terrible news if true; I was planning on White 2 and Challenge mode.

In other news, the list of available and breedable dream world abilities appears to be growing rapidly. Breloom, Liepard, Mamoswine, Riolu, Amoongus, Zangoose, and as mentioned earlier possibly Eevee if the event can be female. Sand Rush Sandshrew. Moody Glalie. Icy Cave, Dream Radar, and Hidden Hollows have added a lot.

Other than Legendaries and Starters, Chandelure, Gothielle, Golurk and Durant are the only other particularly noteworthy unavailable ones I can think of.

Gruco

Banned
Other than Legendaries and Starters, Chandelure, Gothielle, Golurk and Durant are the only other particularly noteworthy unavailable ones I can think of.
Chandelure is still missing.

Oh yeah, Ditto is another high profile missing one.

Revven

Can someone explain to me what Challenge mode is exactly? Is it a traditional harder difficulty or is it something which scales levels for a "NG+" kind of experience?

According to what I've read so far, it sounds like it makes the A.I smarter, increases the level of some battles (I've read some conflicting reports though on this part, some saying it doesn't increase the levels), and gives Gym Leaders/E4/Champion/Major battles more Pokemon. Normally, Gym Leaders consist of 2-3 Pokemon, where in Challenge Mode I think they'll have a full on 4-6 (depending on where they are stationed, of course! Gym 1 having 6 Pokes would be LOL).

But that's from what I read. Not really a standard or traditional difficulty increase by any means, it sounds like.

Wiseblade

BLACK 2 SUPERIOR VERSION CONFIRMED.

That is really dumb though. GF is just setting people up to feel cheated when they don't get the difficulty mode they want.

DMG-01

I'm freaking out guys, my copy hasn't even shipped yet and is listed as restocking.

Yeah, I want my Hard Mode White 2... T^T

Also, I need suggestions for my team. So far, I have:

Samurott
Arcanine
Aggron
Drapion

I need a Flying-type and preferably a Fighting-type.
Avatar quote. Or, just play a Nuzlocke run.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
atlease spore is a non issue then :p

Assuming all the Pokemon in Hidden Hollow have their normal Male / Female ratio, there won't be an issue breeding down for a female Shroomish with Quick Feet and thus obtaining a Breloom with Tech and Spore.

Or am I missing something?

It'll be really powerful, but I wonder if people forget how frail Breloom actually is when he doesn't have Poison Heal.

I'm freaking out guys, my copy hasn't even shipped yet and is listed as restocking.

Avatar quote. Or, just play a Nuzlocke run.

As much as I adore Scrafty, I used him in both Black and White and think he deserves a bit of break.

Knowing me, I'll end up missing him and use him in Black 2.

Riverfield

Neo Member
This version-exclusive key stuff better not be true. That would be just plain dumb on their part.

Seriously. Latias and Heracross are the only two black pokemon I'd want over their white counterparts.

N knows where it's at.
ibefG4qh2gCAYz.png
I need more jelly babbies in my life.

Salsa

what the fuck at the key exclusivities?

I mean im getting Black 2 anyway since I got White first, but that's just silly

ffdgh

double post but more info about the shining charm from serebii.

"My friend Mat has determined the increase due to the Shiny Charm

The Shiny Charm cuts chances of normal shinies to 33% making the chance 1 in 2370.6recurring standard.
If you're trying to Masuda Method it, then the chance has been reduced, but as dramatically. It has gone from 1 in 1365.3recurring to 1 in 1024.

Not that much of a difference, but still"

hello super easy masuda <3 and rng :D

joelseph

I am blocked from Serebii, can someone give a breakdown of all known challenge-key information? This will be in the US release yes?

Berordn

I am blocked from Serebii, can someone give a breakdown of all known challenge-key information? This will be in the US release yes?

All we know is that upon beating the champion, you get a key (or two), the assist key which lowers the level of all trainers, and the challenge key which raises it. You can activate these on the Unova Link Key Share feature, and also share it with any other copy of Black 2 or White 2, no matter where they are in the game, enabling them to activate it even before beating the champion. There's rumors going around that the keys are version exclusive, though nothing conclusive has come up of that yet.

We don't know anything about the US release right now, but it'd be highly unlikely for this not to be included in it.

gosox333

I just arrived in Castelia. Here's what I think so far.

-Awesome music. Aspertia, the new route music, and Virbank all are great. Especially Aspertia.

-I was messing around with the clock, and it looks like the route after Sangi town has differences during fall. Leaves cover the ground and you can walk on them and access new areas. There weren't any items to get, so it seems to be purely for aesthetics. Still cool. Also, snow patches everywhere during winter.

-Cheren's team was a stupid idea. Or maybe his typing was a stupid idea. I dunno, something about it was stupid. All his gym trainers had the exact same team as he did, and his team was the lowest leveled first gym since G/S/C.

My team so far is Snivy and Growlithe, both level 20. Took forever to find Growlithe, it was terrible.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Found Trapinch as my first Pokemon in the Desert Resort. And thanks to it receiving Bulldoze early on now.. it's perfect for the upcoming gym..

Bladenic

I was planning to get White 2 since I got Black. That key thing better be false.

So lemme get this straight, you unlock the key at the end and can replay the game with it activated to make it more challenging (or easier but lol)?

Berordn

I was planning to get White 2 since I got Black. That key thing better be false.

So lemme get this straight, you unlock the key at the end and can replay the game with it activated to make it more challenging (or easier but lol)?

The dragon that wasn't in Black is available in Black 2, so you might want to reconsider that anyway, if filling the Pokedex is your concern.

You can share the key with another game to allow them to make it easier or challenging at any point, but if you start a new game, it's lost with the rest of your progress.

Bladenic

The dragon that wasn't in Black is available in Black 2, so you might want to reconsider that anyway, if filling the Pokedex is your concern.

You can share the key with another game to allow them to make it easier or challenging at any point, but if you start a new game, it's lost with the rest of your progress.

Well then it doesn't even sound interesting honestly. I'd rather have something that makes all the gym leaders have more than 2 pokemon and be more challenging. What's the point of getting these items at the end of the game? Meh.

udivision

Well then it doesn't even sound interesting honestly. I'd rather have something that makes all the gym leaders have more than 2 pokemon and be more challenging. What's the point of getting these items at the end of the game? Meh.

Difficulty levels in Pokemon would ruin it for kids, as evidenced by:

Okay. Question regarding a legendary...

How do I get Keldeo? I heard he was in the game and I've caught the other three, but I cannot find him, even after interacting with that rock with all 3 in my party.

Top Bottom