• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black and White Version 2 Japanese |OT| A New Masuda Method

ffdgh

I mean goodbye ou as in hello UBERS again XD

pretty sure smogon doesn't care as long as they don't use it outside of ubers :p

Wow, I can't believe this out in Japan already! I cannot wait until the NA release...

Is there any place that sums up everything that's new with BW2? (Sprites, secrets, Pokemon, areas, moves, items, etc).. Is there anything that people aren't sure about yet?

So... Can someone spoiler-tag a post telling me how to get to the post-game legendries? I'm so lost.

If you head through Victory Road, you'll come across a cave guarded by a Zoroark. After you've beaten the league, head back to this cave, and Zoroark will lead you in. You eventually come across N's Castle, and will find N inside. He'll battle you with his dragon. When you beat him, the dragon will turn back into the stone, and he'll give it to you. Take it up to the Dragonspiral Tower, and you'll get the chance to catch it. After you've done this, you can head back to the Giant Chasm, and are able to catch normal Kyurem. Kyurem leaves behind an item which allows you to fuse N's dragon with Kyurem to form Black or White Kyurem as you please.
Go south on Route 20, just past Sangi Town, and surf across the water. You'll come to the Heart Cave, and see Uxie. It'll fly off, and you can then find the pixies across Unova. Uxie is outside the Nacrene Museum, Mesprit is on top of the Celestial Tower, and Azelf is on Route 23. You have to stand in a certain spot for them to appear.
For Cresselia, you have to go to the Stranger's House in Yamaji Town. As you go up and downstairs, furniture will shift about, changing the path you can travel. Keep doing this until you can get in the centre room upstairs. A ghost will lead you in, and you will get the Lunar Wing. Take this to a certain spot on Marvellous Bridge, and Cresselia will fly in, letting you challenge it.
You will find the Magma Stone on Route 18. Take it to Rebirth Mountain, the mountain you went through with Bianca earlier, and Heatran will appear.
If you go to the Dreamyard, either Latias or Latios will appear, depending on version. You have to chase it down to challenge it.
In Driftveil City, the northern cave leads to the Clay Path. Follow that and you'll reach the Underground Ruins. There's a puzzle there; complete it, and you'll be able to challenge Regirock. Once you've done this, you'll be given one of two keys; the Steel Key or the Iceberg Key. Activate this key in the Unova Key menu, and you'll be able to challenge either Registeel or Regice. You can trade the keys between versions, so if you know someone else who has the other version, you can access both. Once you've caught all three, put them in your party and take them to Twist Mountain. Go down to the basement, and you'll find Regigigas. With the other 3 Regis in the party, it'll battle you.

You're missing the true challenge added to Clay's battle.

Sandstorm & Excadrill, bitches.

Meh. Sandstorm's only on Krokorok, whose Defense is weak as paper, so I'm not scared.

What REALLY worries me is Drayden's Altaria with Sing and Cotton Guard. If you don't one-shot it, you're gonna have a bad time.

upandaway

Mmm, dat medal list:

http://serebii.net/black2white2/medals.shtml

Oh wow, E4
monotype challenges
? Can't wait to try this.

Also,
Heavy Machinery
Medal:
Interact with all possible automobiles. If one of them is a truck...

Lots of incentive to spend more time with the game than usual. Just as expected of an 'achievement' system.
I love the first one, but the second one is the type of achievements that I don't really like. A lot of those achievements (seems like all of the Adventure and Entertainment ones) are the tedious kind which is a bit disappointing.

ffdgh

lol just noticed that he achievements are a way to make players want to catch all the pokemon in an indirect way XD

The Pokédex entries have been translated.

I wonder what inadvertent horrors lurk within this time...
Scraggy: Its sturdy skull is its pride. But when it unleashes a sudden headbutt, the weight also makes it dizzy.

D'aww.

Litwick: Its flame frequently goes out, but when it sucks up the vital energy of people and Pokemon, the flame gleams.
Lampent: It sucks up souls to stoke its flame. It hangs around in hospitals waiting for people to die.
Chandelure: A soul burned by its eerie flame becomes directionless and will wander this world forever.
GOOD FUCKING LORD, THEY MADE THEM WORSE.

Ferrothorn: It strikes with its 3 tentacles, then fires its thorns, pulverizing the opponent until no traces are left.

1543.jpg

Frillish: It wraps prey in its bell-like arms, paralyzes it, and kills it by carrying it to the ocean floor, 8000 meters below.
Jellicent: Its body is almost entirely salt water. It’s said that at the bottom of the ocean there’s a castle made from the ships sunk by Jellicent.

What the hell is it with Unova's Ghost types, seriously.

Either the writers just became bad-ass enough to make Pokemon seem like real threats in the wild, or perhaps Pokebeach is just fucking with us. Whatever the case, these are awesome.

Has the NoA Treehouse ever been involved in editing these Pokedex entries before? I wonder if the Japanese get the real-deal freaky shit, while us Westerners get treated like babbies with this stuff.

Dear Nintendo, please give us a one-off, "mature" Pokemon game where I can see all the PokeDex entries come to life. Ash has to visit Professor Oak in the hospital but has to stop Lampent from sucking up his soul!

Maybe Game Freak could make a visual novel set in Lavender Town, chronicling the history of the township, its residents, and its innumerable incidents. Like Saya no Uta without the sex!

Heropon

Basculin: Red and blue Basculin are always fighting very wildly. Apparently, if you eat them they are surprisingly tasty.

I didn't know they were going to admit that people eat pokémon.

789shadow

Banned
Dear Nintendo, please give us a one-off, "mature" Pokemon game where I can see all the PokeDex entries come to life. Ash has to visit Professor Oak in the hospital but has to stop Lampent from sucking up his soul!
Dude, read the mangas for the games. Pokemon get CUT IN HALF.

Kokonoe

Banned
Thanks both of you. I assumed it wasn't, but all the threads on other sites was starting to peak my curiosity.

-edit-

It'd be interesting to see Medieval Pokemon, or something of previous times like how Pokeballs use to be different and such.

Top Bottom