• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black and White Version 2 Japanese |OT| A New Masuda Method

Slermy

Hmm... that's really tempting.

...but I should really just wait for the local release. Perhaps Pokémon Conquest will keep me pre-occupied long enough.

Though on the other hand, I'd be able to take part in Japanese events right?

One last question. (Late-game)

what do I do in the team plasma ship after the 8th gym? in that snowy area.

Head into the room at the back of the ship, with the extending platforms and all the grunts. Battle through them, and you'll get a key and a password. Enter past the electrical barrier at the front, where Kyurem is, and then hang a right and take the transporter. Prepare yourself for the climatic battles after that.

gosox333

Holy crap, I didn't think that Driftveil would be redesigned this much. All the buildings are now fancy looking and a bright Emerald color (HOENN CONFIRMED). A lot of them seem to be hotels, probably for the tournament.

Tbh, I preferred old Driftveil, but a change is cool for now.

Driftveil's always been a bit of a weird locale. A port town, a trade center, a place with mines underneath it—what is it? everything at once?

Ultimately: I just don't like the town music itself. It needs to be more complex and fitting, aurally-describing everything the city's about.

gosox333

Looks like they completely scrapped the whole port town deal here. Just emerald buildings everywhere. Without the Cold Storage it feels completly different. And smaller. The more I think about it the more I don't like it, lol.

I can appreciate the music, though. It's not the best, but it's catchy enough and easy to remember.

Wait: so it's just a city, with a mining-based gym and a Pokemon World Tournament next to it? Yeah, that's just a bit half-assed I think.

The music's got the funk, and it's catchy as all get-out, but it's quite flawed. Oh well.

gosox333

Yeah, the mining thing feels even more out place now.

It's pretty much a town for people to stay at for the tournament, I guess. A hotel town.

At least Anville Town was a cool place to look at trains from. I thought it might have even been the new starting town for Black & White 2, back before we got to see Aspertia.

But Driftveil? Place is jank, mang.

gosox333

Nope. They're saving Anville for B/W 3!

Seriously though, I honestly wouldn't be surprised at some sort of sequel to these. They're leaving some serious sequel hooks out there, even more so than the original did. The DS'll be completely dead at that point though, so I have no idea what they'd do there.

I'd be down for a 3, though.

That's cool too. I like Anville Town's better, though. Lacunosa Town's lucky enough to have one of the more memorable Hitomi Sato melodies, since most of our melodic output is awful. Her harmonic sense is far superior.

That, and Anville Town's theme makes so much sense, both out-of-context and in-context. Lacunosa doesn't have anything mildly-unsettling about it, even though the Giant Chasm is nearby.

Head into the room at the back of the ship, with the extending platforms and all the grunts. Battle through them, and you'll get a key and a password. Enter past the electrical barrier at the front, where Kyurem is, and then hang a right and take the transporter. Prepare yourself for the climatic battles after that.

Don't speak japanese so i dunno what to do for the
passcode?

I'm in such dilemma mode. I chose water my first time around, and was gonna pick fire this time. But now there seems to be great fire options available in the games. But I don't want to pick water again. And Snivy although cool, I heard has a whack ass move set.

What to do?

PewPewK

My copy arrived today! Started playing, but haven't gotten too far. I really need to work on my Japanese vocab; even with the kana-only option, I'm still struggling to understand more than about 20% of each sentence.

On the upside, this is obviously making my kana reading comprehension much better. Can't wait to play some more this weekend.

I'm in such dilemma mode. I chose water my first time around, and was gonna pick fire this time. But now there seems to be great fire options available in the games. But I don't want to pick water again. And Snivy although cool, I heard has a whack ass move set.

What to do?
I'm going with fire anyway. I might rock both Emboar and Arcanine. We'll see.

Berordn

BUT I ALREADY DID THAT IN BLIGGITY BLACK. Can't do it twice in a row.

Snivy's almost hard mode with how awkwardly paced his learnset is. You can get decent use out of one with coil but it'll take a while for you to get to your bread and butter with him.

I did it in white and it ended up being fun since I had to rely more on my team, so I say go for it anyway.

Kokonoe

Banned
I may try Oshawott this time around to mix things up, but I may stick with Snivy as well.

If it wasn't for Samurott, it'd be confirmed Snivy.

Oshawott is good enough to do again and again.
You dirty dirty person.
Snivy's almost hard mode with how awkwardly paced his learnset is. You can get decent use out of one with coil but it'll take a while for you to get to your bread and butter with him.

I did it in white and it ended up being fun since I had to rely more on my team, so I say go for it anyway.
I do enjoy a challenge. I don't mind if it takes a while to become great. As long as it happens.

How is tepig anyway for those that used him/her.

slightly random question, but to get ds games online on a 3ds, do I still need to switch my router to WEP?

Nope, you won't need to do that. B/W already supports WPA/WPA2 connections through a DSi or 3DS. It'll likely be the same for B2/W2.

WPA just won't work with a DS or DS Lite since that hardware doesn't support it.

Edit: I should add that the game software itself needs to support WPA connections. If it's any other old DS game, you'll have to resort to changing router settings and all that junk for a DSi/3DS.

Post-game questions.

Any other region? if so, how do i go there? can you catch zekrom/kywhatever? if so, where? anything else notable?

Post-game questions.

Any other region? if so, how do i go there? can you catch zekrom/kywhatever? if so, where? anything else notable?

BIG POST GAME SPOILERS:
No other region, apart from one small area you can access when you see every Pokemon in the Unova dex where a shiny Haxorus can be caught. You can catch Kyurem and N's Dragon in the postgame, and can fuse them together to get a Black/White Kyurem to use. You get N's dragon by battling N in Victory Road (his Zoroark will lead you to him) and then going to Dragonspiral Tower and catching it at the top. Kyurem can then be caught in Giant Chasm.
The biggest postgame challenge is probably Black Skyscraper or White Tree Hollow, depending on version. Go to Sangi Town and beat Alder, and his grandson will invite you to take part in the challenge. 10 areas, with steadily more difficult Pokemon, until you reach the top, with a level 80 Volcarona, and level 80 Latios and Garchomp or Latias and Dragonite, depending on your version. You get a shiny Gible for your troubles.
The World Tournament also gets much more expanded. Once you've beaten the Unova leaders, all the leaders from past games first get put into leagues based on region, and then all jumbled together. If you beat this World League 10 times, you also unlock the Champions League, which has Red, Blue, Lance, Wallace, Steven, Cynthia and Alder in it.
Post game legendaries that you can catch are Kyurem, Zekrom or Reshiram, Cresselia, Heatran, Latias or Latios, Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, Regirock, Registeel or Regice, and Regigigas.
There are also battles against Cheren, Bianca, N, Hue, Cynthia, Alder, two members of Game Freak, Cilan, Cress, Chili and Achroma.
If you see every Pokémon in the Unova Dex, you get a license to fly from Mistralton to the Nature Sanctuary, with a variety of non-Unova Pokémon and a guaranteed encounter with a Shiny Haxorus. Catch every Pokémon in the Unova Dex, and you get a Round Charm, which makes it more likely to get eggs from the Daycare, and seeing all of the Pokemon nets you the Shining Charm, which makes Shiny Pokémon more likely to appear. None of these rewards requires the event legendaries, though.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Repels have the awesome feature now of asking if you would like to apply another one when your repel runs out. TIME SAVER

Berordn

Repels have the awesome feature now of asking if you would like to apply another one when your repel runs out. TIME SAVER

Without having to open the menu every 200 steps, super repels will finally shine as the most cost efficient way of avoiding battles. Huzzah!

Top Bottom