• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Color Edition Vol 1. Comes out Tomorrow (August 8th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Scott-Pilgrim-Color-Edition-Vol-1-Hard-Cover-Preview-1.jpg

Amazon Link

$14.24 on pre-order

Casually mentioned this on this thread and to my surprise many people werent aware, so I figured this could come in handy.

• 6” x 9” size (bigger)
  • hardcover
  • full color (colors by Nathan Fairbairn)
  • overseen and with newly ‘remastered’ art by myself
  • brand-new covers
  • brand-new ‘extras’ sections with sketchbook & development work, much of it previously unseen
  • first 3 volumes relettered with the font from the last 3 volumes
  • the ‘classic’ b&w editions will remain in print
  • color editions will come out 2 per year (1: august 2012, 2: october 2012, 3-4: 2013, 5-6: 2014)

Beyond the coloring there's some tweaks being made to the comics. Wether to fix stuff or to make it a tiny bit more in line to the latter books art style.

comparison:

page:

--

There's also an "Evil Ex" and Collector's editions that come with different cover artwork and extra goodies.

Onipress press release on these editions:

ONI PRESS ANNOUNCES ONLINE SALE DETAILS FOR SCOTT PILGRIM COLLECTOR’S EDITION

The time has come for all Scott Pilgrim fans to unite, conquer, and destroy our website capacity!

On August 8th, we will go live with our online sales for the LIMITED Scott Pilgrim Volume 1: Precious Little Life Collector’s Edition, along with the Regular and Evil-Ex Editions. Warm up your garlic bread and pour yourself a Coke Zero, because these puppies are going to go fast.

What is The Collector’s Edition? Go here!

How do you get one?

Simple. All you need to do is follow any of our social media outlets listed below and/or our website on August 8th. At some time during that day, we will be providing a direct link to our webstore, which is where you will be able to purchase only the Collector’s Edition (hint hint: we are in the Pacific Standard Time Zone). This link will only be available through the locations mentioned above and will not be not searchable on our website or anywhere else. From there it will be like any other online purchase from our webstore.

There is a limit of 2 Collector’s Editions per billing address and please allow for 2-3 weeks shipping, due to the volume of orders we will be receiving at one time.

The regular Scott Pilgrim Volume 1 Color Edition and Evil-Ex Edition books will be available for sale in our webstore like any other book, not requiring a separate link to purchase.

Once 500 are sold, the link will no longer be active.

We wish good luck and Scott-speed!

--

and heads up, volume 2 coming out in November:

Amazon Link - $15.98

tumblr_m6mdoldVku1rrl3u7o1_500.gif
That's all folks

Evil Ex edition would be a neat thing to have.
BLO'M really needs to start creating new stuff now, though. Not necessarily Pilgrim, but something.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
It's crazy how the artwork just changes from every book. Anyways, I'm kind of interested in picking them up again since the pages are bigger.

It tickles me how, coloration aside, the only alterations to that panel are giving Ramona's bag a strap, Scott's sweatband stripes and changing Wallace's sight line.

Salsa

It tickles me how, coloration aside, the only alterations to that panel are giving Ramona's bag a strap, Scott's sweatband stripes and changing Wallace's sight line.

regarding this:

ok let me see if i can list all the changes, since so many people have been bravely attempting it.

I drew this page really early. It was the first drawing in the book of some of these characters, including Ramona, so I thought it was worth tweaking them a little to make the whole story feel more consistent. I never had time to fix things like this back when I was first doing the books.

- I moved Scott & Wallace (together) to the right. I haven’t seen anyone correctly figure that one out. Wallace was getting sucked in to the spine of the book, and it was easiest to move him and scott as one. That’s why Scott’s hand is further along Neil’s chest and why Wallace got further away from Kim.

- Ramona: I redrew her mouth, changed her goggles, fixed the back of her jacket, corrected her bag (this was an early handbag version), changed the pose accordingly, and made some adjustments to her butt.

- Stephen Stills: I redrew his nose / jaw, and edited his eye and eyebrow a little.

- Knives: I changed the patch on her school shirt, fixed up her hand, and did cleanup on her eyebrows, eyes, nose and mouth.

- Kim: I beefed up her eyes a bit (heavier lines) and adjusted her nose & mouth.

- Wallace: I changed his eyes and did some minor changes to his hair. Oh, and the front of his jeans — for some reason I didn’t like any of the CROTCH DRAWINGS in the original version and I tweaked them. If there’s one thing i’ve learned in the past 8 years, its how to draw CROTCH.

- Scott: Changed his eyebrows. Rotated his nose and moved the mouth up. The seam on his shoulder went away (I think that might have been an accident). The S.P. changed to just SP. Minor crotch adjustments.

- Stacey: Changed her eyebrows. Minor adjustments to eyes, nose and mouth. Some adjustments on the sleeves and hair, mostly due to Scott’s arm having moved. I believe I actually made Stacey and Neil a little bit smaller too.

- Young Neil: changed his bangs a little. Adjusted the crotch. The image on his shirt got deleted due to Scott’s hand moving, and my colorist redrew it later.

I think that’s about it! Other than obviously it’s in color now.

Might want to mention the collector's edition will be $100. Thought I might pick one up just to see if I like the series until I saw the price tag.

wwm0nkey

Got a copy of this at Comic-con, its pretty nice and the extras in the back are a nice addition too

(will be re-buying the series in color)

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Bryan Lee O' Malley said:
ok let me see if i can list all the changes, since so many people have been bravely attempting it.

I drew this page really early. It was the first drawing in the book of some of these characters, including Ramona, so I thought it was worth tweaking them a little to make the whole story feel more consistent. I never had time to fix things like this back when I was first doing the books.

- Greedo shoots first

I knew it!

Salsa

Might want to mention the collector's edition will be $100. Thought I might pick one up just to see if I like the series until I saw the price tag.

well if it was just to see if you like the series it'd be a silly decision, it's obviously meant for fans since it's limited and it comes with a bunch of extra timed-exclusive stuff

Fusebox

Banned
Looks gorgeous in colour. Call me shallow but I always prefer colour to B&W. One day I'll probably have to rebuy all my Walking Dead hardcovers when it gets an inevitable colour release, just like I did for Bone.

Quick

Banned
Kind of want. Evil Edition looks cool, but I wish the cover was just a sleeve, and still have the regular cover behind it.

EDIT: $16.62 on Amazon.ca.

IrishNinja

this looks really good, i like the LE too...dont think ill rebuy the whole thing but it's cool for all the people ive talked to that loved the movie and didnt know it was a comic somehow

Riptwo

If anyone bought the previous edition through comixology, they're sending out e-mails with a $1.99 upgrade option to the colour edition. I've never patched a comic before, so that's new.

Ultima_5

I'll get this down the line when they're all released and I feel the urge to reread them... The coloring doesn't look that great, but it a pretty simple art style.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I would love the CE. But only 500? Not a chance in hell :(

Will rebuy all this stuff in colour as they come out, Loved the books and movie.

MNC

BLOM's style was the best around book 3. It's gotten just a tad too chibi for my taste after that (Especially book 6)

I wonder if there will be a nice boxed set after they are all out, similar to what happened with the regular paper backs. I may wait for that.

I already own all the books, but maybe I'll get one of the color editions as a collector's item. Also, hardcover books are pretty great.

Rootbeer

Banned
Torn on how I feel about reading this in color. It just feels better in B&W, more like a real Japanese manga book, which is clearly the format it is intended to be. But I like the larger size and the color samples don't look offensive.

Still think I will wait for a boxed set.

Amagon

I want that collector's but dont get paid til tomorrow

:(

Hope someone delivers the link for the collectors in this thread when they announce it.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Unsure if I really want to double dip. I haven't heard good things about the paper stock being used, i would really need to see it in person before buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom