• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Color Edition Vol 1. Comes out Tomorrow (August 8th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing this thread made me sad. Made me remember I ordered the boxset from Amazon 2 months ago, and it never arrived. The final date of delivery is tomorrow, and I'm 100% sure I won't get it. I guess I should try calling customs and ask for the status of the package, but I'm taking it as 46 bucks wasted :(

Evil Edition Costa double the regular, just for a different cover. Collector's is even more, $100 I think.

Just go for regular. Its a good price.

I thought it was $15 more for the evil edition? Either way, to me that's still too much for just a different cover. As you say, the regular edition is a good price.

Man I really want that Scott/Ramona print in the Collector's Edition. Dunno if it's worth springing $100 for just the first volume.

Edit: ehhh only 9x12.

Seeing this thread made me sad. Made me remember I ordered the boxset from Amazon 2 months ago, and it never arrived. The final date of delivery is tomorrow, and I'm 100% sure I won't get it. I guess I should try calling customs and ask for the status of the package, but I'm taking it as 46 bucks wasted :(
Customs issue or not, Amazon won't make good on that? They have great CS, try them if you haven't already!

marrec

Banned

Get on that phone and make stuff happen!

Suairyu

Banned
did you by chance order from Smiley? Contact them (using the Amazon system) Great service.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Customs issue or not, Amazon won't make good on that? They have great CS, try them if you haven't already!
I don't think it's Amazon's problem, it's more probably an issue with imports in my country (lately there have been a lot of restrictions in Argentina). I won't lose anything by contacting CS though, so I could try that.

did you by chance order from Smiley? Contact them (using the Amazon system) Great service.
I'm not sure, but I think it shipped directly from Amazon.

You ordered something from them and never received it. Try them, you might be surprised! They've gone above-and-beyond for me dozens of times.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
OK, when I get home tonight I'll try it. I've heard good things about Amazon's CS, and your comment reinforces that. Thanks for the tip :)

JeTmAn81

Yeah, their site is not super slick but at least I didn't notice anything that made it look especially insecure. Just glitchy because it's getting hit so hard right now. I had to click several times on each screen before it would go through.

No "lock" icon, if you click for more details it says the page is unencrypted, and if you click their little graphic that makes you think their site is secure (on the actual order page itself)? It says their site is part of the trusted database but not setup correctly. So... Yeah.

Caved and got a collector's edition. Oddly enough on the final screen it mentioned $12 S&H but when it finally went through it says $0. And on my email is says simply "S&H: 0" Is that the same for anyone else that ordered it?

Yeah, their site is not super slick but at least I didn't notice anything that made it look especially insecure. Just glitchy because it's getting hit so hard right now. I had to click several times on each screen before it would go through.

yeah same here.

daycru

I just put in for holds at my library for six volumes of the originals. Loved the game and movie, looking forward to getting them in.

JeTmAn81

Caved and got a collector's edition. Oddly enough on the final screen it mentioned $12 S&H but when it finally went through it says $0. And on my email is says simply "S&H: 0" Is that the same for anyone else that ordered it?

Same for me on the shipping thing. I'm inclined to think they will charge for shipping even on something that's $100, though maybe they will honor what the receipt says.

I also didn't notice if they weren't using SSL when I went through. I did notice some graphic which was supposed to indicate a secure checkout, but whatever. I'm not too worried about anything happening with my info, though they do need to clean up their buying process.

johnsmith

remember me
I'm a huge Scott Pilgrim fan but that collectors edition pricing is ridiculous. Not even close to being worth $100.

I'm a huge Scott Pilgrim fan but that collectors edition pricing is ridiculous. Not even close to being worth $100.

Yeah, I'm not feeling it. I absolutely adore these books but to me the CE is really just an alt cover, one print that I'd like to have, and a lot of other crap for way too high a price. The Evil Edition also does not make any fucking sense, $40 for an alternative cover?

metsallica posted a link, and i just tried it right now, and got through very easily actually. even to the second screen to type in all my info. hm.

Same for me on the shipping thing. I'm inclined to think they will charge for shipping even on something that's $100, though maybe they will honor what the receipt says.

Maybe, hopefully they honor the receipt. But if not, it's not like I'll be surprised of the cost. My cc already has a temp charge of $100.

Yeah, I'm not feeling it. I absolutely adore these books but to me the CE is really just an alt cover, one print that I'd like to have, and a lot of other crap for way too high a price. The Evil Edition also does not make any fucking sense, $40 for an alternative cover?

Sometimes I'm a sucker. That "500 copies" is what got me to tip over. And then rationalizing it like, 'well, it comes with the stupidly more expensive alt cover, anyways.'

sca2511

Just grabbed two. I was 40min late, but was still able to grab one. I grabbed the second one just right now, thought it would of been sold out.

I agree, it's not worth $100.

SKINNER!

Banned
Wait, this is just the individual volumes being released? I was under the impression it'll be the whole set in colour released in one go. Oh well, I'll wait for the inevitable boxed set to come out.

The details in their announcement make it sounds like that applies to the limited collector's edition not that the regular edition is limited as well. You're pointing to a poorly detailed and worded info in the OP and crying that people are having trouble finding it? The details in the OP are vague at best. It also makes it sound like the Color Edition is only available at Oni as well but we know that's not the case. Why should we have assumed that the Evil edition cover be a) limited to 500 and b) only available at Oni from that release? Why is it the Color edition is listed as sold out but not removed if they're removing them after 500 copies sold? Why not just clarify what's going on with the Evil Edition instead of pointing to an unclear announcement?

The details in their announcement make it sounds like that applies to the limited collector's edition not that the regular edition is limited as well. You're pointing to a poorly detailed and worded info in the OP and crying that people are having trouble finding it? The details in the OP are vague at best. It also makes it sound like the Color Edition is only available at Oni as well but we know that's not the case. Why should we have assumed that the Evil edition cover be a) limited to 500 and b) only available at Oni from that release? Why is it the Color edition is listed as sold out but not removed if they're removing them after 500 copies sold? Why not just clarify what's going on with the Evil Edition instead of pointing to an unclear announcement?

Well, both of you are reading it wrong.

That entire article is focusing on the Collector's Edition. All mentions of using a "link" is referring to to the Collector's Edition. So the 500 is also referring to the Collector's.

As for the Evil Ex Edition, another article on Oni Press Blog says it'll only be able from their webstore and at conventions. No idea why it's not up yet, but it'll be there.

Well, both of you are reading it wrong.

That entire article is focusing on the Collector's Edition. All mentions of using a "link" is referring to to the Collector's Edition. So the 500 is also referring to the Collector's.

As for the Evil Ex Edition, another article on Oni Press Blog says it'll only be able from their webstore and at conventions. No idea why it's not up yet, but it'll be there.

Well I'm not reading it wrong then because what you said is how I read it. So I find it funny I got accused of not reading the OP correctly when I did from the other guy.

Suairyu

Banned
Well I'm not reading it wrong then because what you said is how I read it. So I find it funny I got accused of not reading the OP correctly when I did from the other guy.
My apologies. I misread your post and thought you were talking about the Collector's Edition.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Is there a digital version of this coming out? This would look soooo awesome on my retina iPad.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Trying to see if the Evil Edition comes with anything more than a new cover. I see they mention some extras, but that might be in the regular one too. Hmm.

I want to order the Evil Ex edition. It will probably take a few weeks to get here. I've held off re reading the black and white version specifically because I want to go through it in colour.

*Fry, shut up and take my money, gif*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom