• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct EU - 13th September, 4PM CET (Wii U confirmed for EU this year)

YIEom.jpg

Haha, you guys are going nuts :p Was alright, I suppose, though I don't really care much for Bayonetta. Will definitely not get a Wii U on launch, but will definitely get one in a year or two. Also, ZombiU looks way better than I expected with these new details. Still don't get the point of the game really.

I still consider the line-up of exclusives to be rather weak.

EDIT: By the way, what happened in the US Nintendo Direct? Was Reggie talking? Anything that wasn't on the EU one?

Also nice to see that European Premium beats the hell out of the Japanese one.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
thats a really light launch day lineup. I'd like the launch window games to at least be split into 2012 and 2013. Being the end of November that launch list might be all we get until January.

JMPerona

WOW!

Nintendo Wii U basic and premium pack

Retail Games:
New Super Mario Bros. U
Nintendo Land (blundle in Wii U premium pack)
Raimand Legends
Zombi U
The Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 2 (Wii U exclusive)
Assassins Creed 3
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Epic Mickey 2 (??)
Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed
Darksiders 2
Monster Hunter 3 Unlimited
Black Ops 2

Download:
Trine 2
Toki Tori 2
Nano Assault NEO

mclem

I think the conclusion we have to draw is that NA needs a Satoru of their own.

I gather there was a brief mention of Monolith on the Japanese stream - any details, or just acknowledging that they were working with the system?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
did they announce the skus? I only heard that Nintendoland was packed in, and a ZombieU premium bundle. are there the same basic/premium skus too?

epaturun

erm, Stupid, stupid,CET - thought it was 4pm BST - no am sad

I even missed my kids parents consultation so I could watch it

mclem

did they announce the skus? I only heard that Nintendoland was packed in, and a ZombieU premium bundle. are there the same basic/premium skus too?

Nintendoland only packed in on the premium. Not clear if the ZombiU premium replaces Nintendoland or adds to it.

I think there were a couple more items in the premium bundle, too? I don't recall a sensor bar in the Japanese one.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I think the conclusion we have to draw is that NA needs a Satoru of their own.

I gather there was a brief mention of Monolith on the Japanese stream - any details, or just acknowledging that they were working with the system?

Satoru is great.

Gives the impression of a much closer connection to NoJ, and his casual delivery of everything while occasionally struggling with the English just makes the bomb dropping even better :)

Curious about that as well. You saw the Monolith logo for a second, then it was all about Platinum games. What was that about?

also

Banned
SUMMARY:

Launch window means Jan-Mar 2013
Basic Pack: white console + 8GB +white pad + 2 AC adapters (console, pad), HDMI
Premium Pack: basic pack but in black, 32 GB, Console stand, charging stand, pad stand, sensor bar, Nintendo land, Nintendo Network Premium(~10% of DD until end of 2014)-may not be available at lunch but every purchase will count
Accessories:
Starter pack; wiimote +nunchuk +sensor bar
Pro controller
Pad

Wii Ware, VC transfer confirmed

Launch 30.11.2012
No set price
wiiu.co.uk

Nintendoland
i5Rt5ynt4kOQ.jpg

By progressing you unlock stamps. Can you collect them all?!

MEGATON!!! In NSBU Bowser invades Peach's castle instead of kidnaping her. He throws Mario&Co. out and they have to make it back.
Challenges for stages: Time attack, 1UP challenge (jump on enemies to gain 1UPs)
Boost rush: autoscrolling, the more coins collected the faster the scrolling

Pikmin, Wario next year.

Rayman Legends: they are using their fingers insteadof a stylus.
Asymetric gameplay: 2nd player can use a shield to protect the 1 st player from flames... The shield can also serve as a platform.

Zombi U: Showing the tower of London area. Survival mode; just 1 character, meaning just 1 life. Use the pad as a scanner to track down 50 ingame items to upgrade your weapons. You can keep track of your zombified survivors and see how many players they attacked. Leaderboards.
Limited edition ZombiU pack at launch.

ME Special Edition, at lauch: Interactive backstory comic at the begining. to catch up on the story

LEGO City stories: use the pad to scan for hidden criminals, recieve new missions. The character is quite agile: Wall jumping, pole swinging. 1st copies are limited edition, include the lego figure of the MC

DD:
Trine 2
Toki Tori, this year 2; level editor
Nano Assault NEO Twin stick shooter, pad used to modify the ship, supports pad-only gameplay

BLOPS 2 confirmed, video later
P-100 renamed the Wonderful 101 i EU: new trailer
Bayoneta 2. Published by Nintendo. Producer: Inaba, director Hashimoto.
iMwFiVMGplwo3.jpg

iPPD8Zs5pn2Dj.jpg

This Year: Assasin Creed 3
Tekken Tag Tournament Wii U edition
Scribblenauts
Epic Mickey 2
Ninja Gaiden 3
Sega All star Raicing
Darksiders 2
NBA 2K13
Batman

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. ONLINE! Local play and Cross saves with 3DS version. Both March 2013. Upgrades post launch.

Ordered!

And now the link is dead: "404 - Document not found".

Well, amazon.co.uk honored the pricing mistake for my DOA5-Collector's Edition-preorder only a couple of weeks ago (£34.02), so maybe I'm in for a cheap Wii-U!

I managed to get an order in but I'm skeptical as I did the same the last time they put the black console up for £199 back in June and that got cancelled.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
great summary Atmej, missed half of it because of traffic

so, what about prices? Nothing yet? I want to give them my monah

MrT-Tar

I had an opticians appointment and therefore missed everything passed the standard vs premium section. As I left the opticians I switched my Blackberry on and when I saw Bayonetta 2 I honestly said to myself 'gafs going to love this'

Any word on whether or not Amazon will be taking preorders for the Wii U? I have a lot of gift card credit I want to use on this thing.

Bumhead

Banned
I'm liking this talk of £210/£250. Anything in those sort of ballparks and I can start getting excited. £279.99 or above and I start doubting it a bit.

I assume the full Nintendo Direct is going to be on the 3DS, today?

ASIS

I like that we're all pretending that Bayonetta 2 is going to sell a bazillion copies.

Wii U really doesn't need anymore system sellers, it has enough of them. Now its time for the niche games and Bayonetta is probably the best game they could have come up with.

Oersted

Monster Hunter, NSMBU and DQ. Nintendo isnt interested in giving the ps4 and xbox720 in japan not even the slightest chance, aren´t they?

Top Bottom