• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us TGS 2012 Trailer

@MUWANdo

Banned
I don't remember hearing about the Conroy thing, either (then again I don't really care either way, so maybe I'm just inattentive).

Squire

Banned
Yeah, this is the first time they've shown Conroy as the voice. And yeah, no character reveals? Again? But they're announcing their release month?

What?

@MUWANdo

Banned
It's weird, they were so good about hyping up the MK reveals, even though everyone basically knew the roster from the get-go.

SJRB

Gold Member
Pretty sure Conroy has been in since the first reveal. At least, the grunts and yells of Batman sounded an awful lot like his.

Ed Boon has been vocal in the past about missing the pre-internet days when video games had secrets. (With MK being a big part of that culture)

Barring leaks, I wouldn't be surprised if they stayed as tight lipped as they can about the game until we've bought it.

It's weird, they were so good about hyping up the MK reveals, even though everyone basically knew the roster from the get-go.
Several characters were revealed through voice clips in a website, several were revealed when the demo was datamined, and several (Smoke, Sheeva I remember for sure) were just photographed in a testing session and put on the internet. Others were unceremoniously revealed as the opponent getting beat up by a revealed character in a half second clip put as B-Footage during an interview.

TDLink

Between now and February what big events are there left for them to make more reveals? Right now we know of 9 characters and they have confirmed over 20. Seems weird that we don't know over half the cast when the game is less than 6 months away.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Several characters were revealed through voice clips in a website, several were revealed when the demo was datamined, and several (Smoke, Sheeva I remember for sure) were just photographed in a testing session and put on the internet. Others were unceremoniously revealed as the opponent getting beat up by a revealed character in a half second clip put as B-Footage during an interview.

I don't think they actually revealed anyone via the demo outside of Cyber-Sub, did they?

I don't think they actually revealed anyone via the demo outside of Cyber-Sub, did they?

I don't remember the number for each method, my point being that we got a lot of our character information pre-release from leaks, and that otherwise there would have been characters we wouldn't even have known about until we bought the game, similar to the pre-internet days of looking up fatalities in game magazines that Ed Boon remembers fondly.

HiiiLife

I actually liked the trailer. I've been trying so many fighting games and I just can't get into them.

TTT2.
P4A.
Skullgirls.

So I'm gonna go off the assumption that I'll like this one if I still enjoy MK9 to this day.

Marz

Wow not even one new reveal is kind of odd...although I guess that the Japanese don't give a crap about the game anyway so that may be the reason.

It is confirmed for a February release? I smell a delay.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I don't remember the number for each method, my point being that we got a lot of our character information pre-release from leaks, and that otherwise there would have been characters we wouldn't even have known about until we bought the game, similar to the pre-internet days of looking up fatalities in game magazines that Ed Boon remembers fondly.

Really? It seemed pretty evident right from the get-go that everyone from MK1-3 was gonna make an appearance, and they did. Most of them weren't "reveals" in the sense that no-one was expecting them, which is what I was getting at--there were very few surprises to be had, yet they got us to anticipate every new trailer. The possibilities are wide open for Injustice, yet... nothing.

Alfredo

I remember a bunch of people freaking out about leaks of Smoke's hair before the game was released, so I think a few MK characters weren't known until the game was actually out.

TDLink

Wow not even one new reveal is kind of odd...although I guess that the Japanese don't give a crap about the game anyway so that may be the reason.

It is confirmed for a February release? I smell a delay.

It is, but that doesn't mean it can't be delayed.

Riposte

They are not doing a good job of convincing that this game is not style over substance and overall very gimmicky. I suppose that is what they are aiming.

shaowebb

Looks like a couple of Catwoman moves I hadn't noticed before popped up in that trailer. I didn't know she had the Hurricanranna and the whip slam, but then again I've been pretty busy with finals.

I can't wait for this game. I'm hoping desperately for The Ray to make it in as one of the promised insane niche choices. He likely won't, but my love for Raymond Terril is pretty deep considering he was in the first DC comic I owned which was a Justice League of America "Destiny's Hand" comic (the one with Hawkeye on the cover in a yellow lantern ring).

Guy was pure swag and had he not comeout with a flurry of others like Superboy he likely would have taken off more. I could go on forever, but it basically boils down to nostalgia and pure visual appeal with his look that make me love the guy. Its like he had every energy effect all at once.

More realistically though I am also hoping for Green Arrow. If he makes it in I will cosplay him for Injustice-GAF just like I did for Deadpool for Mahvel-Gaf. Gonna shoot me some arrows :)

@MUWANdo

Banned
They are not doing a good job of convincing that this game is not style over substance and overall very gimmicky. I suppose that is what they are aiming.

They were horrible about this with MK, too--they kept telling us it'd be a serious, competitive game but didn't ever bother to demonstrate why (or let anyone who knew what they were doing show it off/try it publicly) until it was already out.

shaowebb

They were horrible about this with MK, too--they kept telling us it'd be a serious, competitive game but didn't ever bother to demonstrate why (or let anyone who knew what they were doing show it off/try it publicly) until it was already out.

Game made some money though. So far from what guys on TYM who played it at Pax were saying you can expect some pretty sizable combos from Nightwing and Flash. Looks like Cyborg is a mixup artist, Batman is good for just about anything with all his options, Wonder Woman is a good all rounder with nice damage, Superman has great zoning tools and sweet grabs, Harley has gunshots for one of her normals and some nice trap/resets (her hyper can be followed up on for combos since it leaves you airborne),and Solomon Grundy is so horribly slow that he will never manage anything ever.

We're waiting for Grundy to suddenly turn up better though in one of the builds considering his moves aren't done. How do we know? Because the move list names aren't even done on his stuff...his anti air grab is LITERALLY labeled anti air grab right now. We're expecting armor to come into play to get him inside. His EX moves are nice though. EX seismo looked pretty nice at least.

So far the consensus is The Flash is da best. Dash up low like Cammy and a lot of pressure and long combos from his time slow gimmick.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Do the different Green Lanterns have any fundamental differences in terms of abilities, or is it just a personality thing?

shaowebb

This game needs Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter

Boon kept mentioning Martian Manhunter and Aquaman over the past month pretty heavily on his twitter account @Noobde. Mainly Aquaman ,but several times he's said very positive things on Manhunter. Course he's done the same for Dr. Fate too.

The Green Lantern thing is a mystery. He mentions everyone from all the lanterns to Atrocitus and Sinestro from time to time in response to fans so who knows who we'll see. Sounds like we're gonna get someone though.

BELIEVE.
Do the different Green Lanterns have any fundamental differences in terms of abilities, or is it just a personality thing?
Mainly their personality dictates their tactics. Jon Stewart tends to make a lot of military weapons, Hal just seems to fire beams, planes, and make fists, Kyle is an artist so he makes crazy stuff like pirate ships and monsters, Guy does a lot of punching and beams himself, and dudes like Sinestro tend to make swords.

I think the new Green Lantern is Kick Ass in disguise. He seems to fire a pistol.
2XXFP.jpg

Riposte

Jon is suppose to be like a engineer (so like the reverse of Kyle, without being boring-ass Hal). The problem is that Geoff Johns totally derailed for some SEMPER FI nonsense.

shaowebb

From what I'm reading Injustice is going to be playable at TGS. Here's hoping its a new build so we can check out that new stage shown in the trailer. They've been running the Comic-con build for awhile and from how they were talking from feedback the clash system may be dumped before this is over or at the least completely redone. If that takes priority then it kind of makes sense that the TGS build may only have a new stage chucked in since they would need to be working on a build with a completely reworked set of code to account for Clash removal or changes.

If any gameplay vids surface from TGS from the floor I'll dump them in here for us to pick apart for changes.

Khezu

From what I'm reading Injustice is going to be playable at TGS. Here's hoping its a new build so we can check out that new stage shown in the trailer. They've been running the Comic-con build for awhile and from how they were talking from feedback the clash system may be dumped before this is over or at the least completely redone. If that takes priority then it kind of makes sense that the TGS build may only have a new stage chucked in since they would need to be working on a build with a completely reworked set of code to account for Clash removal or changes.

If any gameplay vids surface from TGS from the floor I'll dump them in here for us to pick apart for changes.

Its still the Pax build at TGS. We probably won't see anything new until NYCC in October.

Also the release date is April 2013.

Archon473

Know what would be new? An actual fight between two players as opposed to two developers taking turns performing Supers on each other or Superman repeatedly uppercutting and sweeping Solomon Grundy, silhouetted by some man's face.

The April release date means Netherrealm actually does not have to promote the game just yet. It's almost like they never began promoting the game because initially, everyone thought Injustice would release October/November of this year. The animation and effects keep getting better. The soundtrack is overwhelming. MK9 was the first game to make me care about that franchise; I have plenty of faith NRS can make me care about the DC universe with this game. I just need actual match footage. Tournaments have proven real matches sell games to crowds, not cinematic super attacks.

TreIII

Its still the Pax build at TGS. We probably won't see anything new until NYCC in October.

Also the release date is April 2013.

Does a lot to confirm that they want this game to be at EVO, and to take MK9's place. Especially considering it would be released almost exactly two years after MK9 was.

Anyway, still hoping for Atrocitus to appear. Grant me that, and I'll gladly use him to pound Hal's face in repeatedly.

I know nobody else cares about the story, but Batman saying "I'm in a nightmare" at the start of the trailer gets me thinking. Is it possible that the plot is some alternate-reality that Batman gets sucked into? It would explain some of the plot points that have previously come up.

On the gameplay side, it looks very rough at the moment, and I'll only be convinced if/when I get my hands on it, like MK9.

Top Bottom