• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Good Wife Season 4 |OT| of Good Wife, Mad Firm

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJT

The.Good_.Wife_.S03E22.HDTV_.x264-LOL.VTV_.mp4.Still001.jpg

The season 4 of the best legal drama on TV was last Sunday, and there is no thread about it. GAF, stop sleeping on this show!!! I'll add more information to the OP later, but for now, the opening episode:

Season 4, Episode 1: I Fought the Law (30 Sep. 2012)

Last season ended with a big cliffhanger and this episode, IMHO, didn't disappoint. The Kalinda arc is handled well, but the star of the episode is a new recurring character being introduced:

nathan-lane-on-the-good-wife_268x210.jpg

Once again, this show proves it is the best acted drama on TV. Yes, better than Breaking Bad.

So, what did you guys think?

SaintZ

I almost made this thread too, heh.

The premiere was alright (it felt like a filler episode tho) and yeah the elevator fight was not so hot. I'll give the writers a pass on this one because they had to reshoot some stuff after the Kristin Chenoweth accident.

The trustee (Nathan Lane?) is a PERFECT opponent for David Lee. Their scene was hilarious. Will and Diane's friendship is amazing and Alicia keeps being fierce.

I hope they do not screw Kalinda up as a character because her storyline is kinda freaky.

RJT

The elevator scene was bad, but the initial fight was great (that hammer...) and the ex has some potential. I wonder if they're going to add Bishop to that storyline.

The trustee was awesome in every way. That scene with David Lee was brilliant indeed...

RJT

Finally saw the third episode. The case was quite interesting, and the Alicia arc was great. Unfortunately, they're kind of ruining Kalinda with the husband storyline... Oh well, at least she's still sexy as hell.

The star of the season remains the trustee. Can't wait to see him interact with Michael J. Fox's character. They have to do it...

RJT

Yup.

This has got to be the most underrated show of all time.

Indeed...

I'm a few episodes behind (not American...), but the show keeps being entertaining. Yesterday I saw the hazing episode (the hate crime theory was really well written) which was great. Especially due to no uninteresting Kalinda's husband arc.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Wow at this weeks ending. They've been teasing Alicia
leaving the firm for so long I actually thought she was finally gonna go through with it by starting a new firm with Carrie. Really disappointed with the outcome, but I can't blame her for looking out for herself and her family

SaintZ

Last night was amazing. First the showdown between Elsbeth and Kyle MacLachlan's character was hilarious. I'm glad Elsbeth and Eli won in the end.

I enjoy Alicia and Cary's friendship and yes, while it was disappointing Alicia accepted the offer in the end, it was a smart move as Cary said. I hope by the end he and Alicia form a new firm tbh.

Also, since they dropped Nick's storyline, Kalinda's screentime has been reduced. She's barely doing anything anymore :(

The episode slayed my soul. It was so good that I forgive them for the first half of the season.

1. Carrie Preston/Elsbeth is flawless. The use her JUST enough on the show. Lessor shows would have overexposed and killed the character by now. Her interactions on this episode were amazingly hilarious and believable. I want to meet her so bad.

2. Really interested to see where Cary goes from here with the talk of leaving L/G. There is NO way that the status quo stands and I would be shocked if he doesn't leave to start is own firm whether its with Alicia or not (who knows at this point). If this truly is the last season
Please no....
I would really like to see Alicia break away on her own. You could really feel the disappointment in Cary when Alicia told him she was going to make partner.

3. I believed Alicia's emotions and confusion this episode. She has people who depend on her and does what she NEEDS to do not what she WANTS to do which is an overarching theme on the show.

4. Not sure where they can go with Kalinda from here. From the ending I imagine she is going to be tied very closely to Cary, but I have a very hard time seeing her drift away from Alicia considering that they have just gotten things back to normal. Kalinda is a much better support character than a star imo..... as was clearly illustrated by the story-line with her husband.

5. I want the firms finances to take a back seat the rest of the season. Some is ok, but its been too much front and center so far.

Please dear lord give us a 5th season!

RJT

Glad to see the thread revived! I had kind of lost hope...

Yes, the episode was amazing. I was screaming "Fuck Alicia" and my girlfriend trying to defend her. Reminded me how good this show is to watch as a couple...

I really want Cary, Kalinda and the Trustee (forgot the name) to team up. The firm needs to break up by the end of the season. It's the only logical thing to do now...

Glad to see the thread revived! I had kind of lost hope...

Yes, the episode was amazing. I was screaming "Fuck Alicia" and my girlfriend trying to defend her. Reminded me how good this show is to watch as a couple...

I really want Cary, Kalinda and the Trustee (forgot the name) to team up. The firm needs to break up by the end of the season. It's the only logical thing to do now...

Eh I think the Trustee plotline has been played out, at least for this season. If we get a season 5 I wouldn't mind more of him.

As to the firm. I would very much enjoy Cary, Kalinda, and Alicia to go out on their own separate from L/G. I really do think that the storylines available in the firm are virtually all played out at this point.

RJT

Eh I think the Trustee plotline has been played out, at least for this season. If we get a season 5 I wouldn't mind more of him.

I meant him as a lawyer (since he's taking the bar).

There's an interesting interview with the show's writers here. This is what they said about that character (may contain vague spoilers):

KA: Have we said good-bye to Nathan Lane, then, since he was playing the trustee overseeing the bankruptcy?
RK: For the moment. We loved working with Nathan Lane, and I think he really enjoyed working with the cast and the scripts. Now, obviously, he's going to be a lawyer. Our problem is with casting for continuing arcs, but when they're lawyers, you can bring them in for one or two episodes or as many as they can do. It's such a fun relationship with him and Cary. We're not saying never; it may just come down to when we can get connected again.

I can't handle the disrespect CBS pays this show.

First its pushed out of its slot CONSTANTLY by NFL overruns. The choice of shows to go on the same night are questionable as well......

NOW they take the BEST episode of the season and put it in the middle of TWO off weeks where its in reruns or not on at all. Way to prevent the show from building ANY momentum.

They damn well better renew this show.

*rage*

SaintZ

This episode was so fun! I loved Elsbeth and Eli. I LOVE her relationship with Kyle MacLachlan's character.

Ugh, Jackie. She always pop up when you less expect her. I thought she was going to screw everything up.

I'm glad the Diane stuff was just a fake out.

Oh and I can't stand Amanda Peet's character. During her first two episodes she was lovely but since she was hired by Peter she has been insufferable.

RJT

now wait since when was there a thread for this?

I haven't been doing a good job with the updates, I kind of gave up after the first few episodes due to lack of interest. Things have been picking up, though, thanks to the recent great episodes.

Having seen this week's episode yet, but from this photo it has to be great:

102745_0284_0432b.jpg

Last nights episode was solid (though not as good as the past two).
I get a feeling that the Cary storyline is going to go through a rough patch ala Kalinda's husband. Starting his own firm was anticipated, but boring.

I am betting Kalinda goes with him and the new investigator becomes a relatively major character.

RJT

The Good Wife Syndication Costs $2 Million An Episode

"The Good Wife has hit Season 4, otherwise known as the season of syndication, and parent network CBS has worked out one hell of a deal to make reruns available. CBS has sold The Good Wife to two streaming partners, Amazon and Hulu, and will begin rolling out syndicated episodes of the program on television via the Hallmark Channel."

This is good, right? I know basically nothing about the TV business...

The Good Wife Syndication Costs $2 Million An Episode

"The Good Wife has hit Season 4, otherwise known as the season of syndication, and parent network CBS has worked out one hell of a deal to make reruns available. CBS has sold The Good Wife to two streaming partners, Amazon and Hulu, and will begin rolling out syndicated episodes of the program on television via the Hallmark Channel."

This is good, right? I know basically nothing about the TV business...

Well it is what secured a 4th season since you need 100 episodes (I think) to go into syndication.

Whether that is enough to bring it back for a 5th season I am not sure about.

The new Good Wife episode was great.

Definitely a chance of pace format wise (and I don't want the show to do it too often), but it was rather refreshing.

RJT

I am a few episodes behind...Been catching up to Suits, which feels like a great compliment to The Good Wife: both great, much of same themes, but with completely different takes on them.

SaintZ

It happened!

XfyC2iP.gif

YAAAAAAAAAAAS. This episode was everything!

It was so fast paced and had me on the edge of my seat.

I wasn't not expecting to see Patty Nyholm or Jordan back, that was a nice surprise. Same with the judges.

I wonder what's the deal with Christian. Is he using Jackie? It was kind of awesome how she told Peter off.

Kalinda needs to take several seats. She gets offended now that Cary went with Robin but she's been the one who's been all about the money and treating him like his potential employer and when he did the same to her, she takes offense. I love her but she needs to get over herself.

I CAN'T wait for next season. I want to see how both Alice and Cary break the news to Will and Diane. So many changes *.*

RJT

Haven't seen the last episode yet, so I'm avoiding all posts. Good to know people liked it though (I assume the gifs are a good sign). Hopefully the thread will get to the second page :)

so is anyone making a season 5 thread?

anyways enjoy the opener of season 5 with the death-row prisoner. God I really hope Alicia actually leave the firm. And I wonder if they going to bring up Kalinda husband again.

adg1034

so is anyone making a season 5 thread?

anyways enjoy the opener of season 5 with the death-row prisoner. God I really hope Alicia actually leave the firm. And I wonder if they going to bring up Kalinda husband again.

Her husband'd better stay gone. I get what they were trying to do re: expanding Kalinda as a character, but damn, if that wasn't one dumb story arc.

We need more GAF attention for this. I'll see about making a decent LTTP thread tomorrow, since this is a ridiculous lack of attention for one of the best non-meth-based dramas on TV.

Her husband'd better stay gone. I get what they were trying to do re: expanding Kalinda as a character, but damn, if that wasn't one dumb story arc.

We need more GAF attention for this. I'll see about making a decent LTTP thread tomorrow, since this is a ridiculous lack of attention for one of the best non-meth-based dramas on TV.

yeah the whole husband plot was terrible but the way it ended suggest to me they might bring it back

and yeah I know that feeling when a good show is ignore. Just good thing now that Breaking bad is end most fan are going to watch The Shield but too bad other show won't have the chance to watch like Southland or Brotherhood.

RJT

Since I made a terrible job with this thread, someone else should do a new thread. Link it here, so that we can jump to that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom