• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends - Toad Story gameplay footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtlotZpczGE

New screens

fmNpe.jpg

LZtYh.jpg

r2RqA.jpg

wbfMI.jpg

szmrZ.jpg

X65HJ.jpg

Looks like an easier early stage for this one, not that there's anything wrong with that.
Doesn't get as much use out of the hover flight stage gimmick as some stages in the previous game but i'd wager that's down to my first point. Visuals and music are nice and there's a lot less lums scattered around which hopefully means they've toned down the number of them needed to be collected.
Not much else to really say about this trailer, first time i've noticed that Barbara hovers with her hats wings though.

VanWinkle

I loved the look of Origins, but I like this one even better. Just looks soooo good. If I was getting a WiiU, this would probably the first game I would get.

it reminds me of the first level from the demo of Origins. the art style and music are so much better though, pretty surprising given how good those two things were in the original.

I still need to go back and actually play Origins, been sitting in my steam backlog since the summer. But god do these games just look gorgeous. And much like NSMBWii seems very much optimized for simultaneous 4 players, wouldn't be surprised to hear that Ubisoft either got inspiration or direct help from Nintendo in the design.

I already thought the first game looked really good, but I'm also very much a fan of this art style. The character models feel a little bit weird for me though.

Teknoman

I dont need Wii U baby mode for that game.

What? Anyway, after playing the demo in store with someone else, the co-op is extremely fun. And the touch screen gameplay is actually pretty thought provoking at times, especially since you have to constantly change views when opening paths.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I can't tell if these are bullshots or if Wii U can be that good at 2D. One thing is sure, the art is gorgeous, timeless.

THIS GAME! Just wow!!

I am saving every penny I spend on entertainment to buy a Wii U ASAP :( it's fucking expensive, but man, the launch line-up is enough for me!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I can't tell if these are bullshots or if Wii U can be that good at 2D. One thing is sure, the art is gorgeous, timeless.

Ubisoft is known for releasing bullshots. Far Cry, Asscreed, Splinter Cell etc.

but i'm sure the game will still look great.

Gintoki

It seems they changed the cages formula, I loved how on Origins it was two cages which were each hidden in its own room.

pakkit

Banned
Seeing that fly just drag the coins over to the players made me sad... Hopefully you can play without the fly, he seems good for beginners but Rayman Origins' difficulty was part of its enormous draw for me.

Thoraxes

They're really upgrading the shit out of that engine. It just looks better and better everytime I see it.

I'm really glad they can make some pretty nice incremental changes on it.

As expected, production value-wise it's pretty flawless, as any good sequel to Rayman Origins should be. Sure hope the single player is good!

totowhoa

Banned
Seeing that fly just drag the coins over to the players made me sad... Hopefully you can play without the fly, he seems good for beginners but Rayman Origins' difficulty was part of its enormous draw for me.

They're doing 5 player mode there. In 1 player mode you're either controlling Murphy or Rayman, and I really doubt that they'll have the computer collecting secrets for you. So I imagine you'll be in charge of collecting that coin yourself in single player. I never did try playing Legends at the Wii U kiosk without a second player to see how the AI works, but I'll do that the next time I'm at Best Buy for sure. (Are there any videos of this actually? I've only ever seen two or more people playing together).

Kunai

That's just.... wooow beautiful and the game sounds better than Origins, how's that even possible? Christophe Héral is the man!

Blades64

Banned
Still haven't beaten Origins as yet. Need to get on that.

I won't be buying a Wii U at launch, but I'm definitely keeping it and this game slotted for 2013.

theman5141

Neo Member
Origins was 1080p/60 on 360 and PS3. I bet this'll be the same.

Could very well be, though the more I see of this game, the more I realize just how many adjustments they've made to the Ubi Art framework. Just keeping expectations tempered. Plus, 720p is a fair trade-off for vastly improved lighting, shading, and 3D elements.

Edit - maybe if those absolutely stunning screens Ubisoft have been releasing haven't been adulterated in any...fundamental ways...I could see this potentially being 1080p/60. After all, many of those shots are 1920x1080 or something close to that.

Top Bottom