• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends - Toad Story gameplay footage

Het_Nkik

Finally got around to unlocking and beating the Land of the Livid Dead level in Origins in preparation for this game. Need more Rayman.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Rich from IGN just said on twitter Legends is fully playable without GamePad/Murphy.
Not sure if he can be trusted.

totowhoa

Banned
Rich from IGN just said on twitter Legends is fully playable without GamePad/Murphy.

Yeah just looked at that... it looks like he doesn't know what he's talking about. You'd think he'd have more than one word to say if he was announcing the change of something that some fans were in an uproar over.

But who knows, maybe they did change it to give you the option to select Rayman or Murphy at the beginning of the level now. Would be cool if he would elaborate a little more clearly on that.

Adam J.

I got to demo this the other day at Gamestop and couldn't believe my eyes--it looks so gorgeous. Hopefully I'll have enough money for Wii U by the time it comes out.

I'm still not buying that it's anything but a timed exclusive. No way Ubi is gonna limit sales to 1 console.
Except for Conviction, that was odd...

TimmiT

Yeah just looked at that... it looks like he doesn't know what he's talking about. You'd think he'd have more than one word to say if he was announcing the change of something that some fans were in an uproar over.

But who knows, maybe they did change it to give you the option to select Rayman or Murphy at the beginning of the level now. Would be cool if he would elaborate a little more clearly on that.

It would make sense that they delayed the game to make it so Murphy is optional in single player.

totowhoa

Banned
It would make sense that they delayed the game to make it so Murphy is optional in single player.

I'm sure they delayed it for a number of reasons, but if they manage it make it so I can play as Rayman in every stage, I'll be happy. And of the Murphy oriented levels that look like fun, I'll go back and play through with him too.

SykoTech

Shut it off after like 30 seconds, and kinda wish I would have just held off.

Looks great, sounds just as good if not better.

Wow, excellent news if true. But we'll see.

Drago

If this is true... I am very pleased.

This game looks so good. The new trailer looked marvelous. I can't wait!

I keep forgetting that almost all my gaming these days involves multiple people as not playing as Rayman the entire time was never a big deal. :/

Boerseun

Banned
It seems they've learned from what was Rayman Origin's biggest mistake (in my opinion).

These worlds actually look like they have some life to them. Or perhaps a more relevant term would be "character"? It's no longer just polished flash animations against what feels like lifeless stills. The foreground and background seem to actually go together in a more cohesive way now. Hopefully the actual platforming will follow suit -- not that Origins was a bad game, but it cold bear some improvement (again, imo).

Raptomex

This game looks pretty badass. It has now caught my attention. I should get Origins. Played it at a friend's house. Was pretty interesting.

Visually of course it looks really nice but level design, it still is lacking and too sparse.

Hopefully the platforming will get better and better.

Mario still looks better even if they just tweak the same philosophy of level design.

Visually the game looks stunningly beautiful. I enjoyed 3DS origins (probably one of a dozen people who bought a Japanese copy) and I'll gladly by Legends.

Rich!

This game looks pretty badass. It has now caught my attention. I should get Origins. Played it at a friend's house. Was pretty interesting.

iirc, origins is dirt cheap on Steam. Cost me £9.99 a few months back.

You have no excuse.

Never a big fan of Rayman but these are some wonderfully illustrated worlds. I love 2D platformers when they do stuff like this. A game I will have to get for the Wii U when I buy it sometime in the future.

wouwie

Looks fantastic and the music is wonderful (though rather similar to Origins it seems judging by the tunes i've heard so far). Too early to judge the gameplay but i hope it will still be fun in pure singleplayer and without too many (touch) gimmicks.

Top Bottom