• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney acquiring Lucasfilm (w/ ILM/LucasArts), new Star Wars movies every 2-3 year

OnPoint

Mod Note: Star Wars Episode 7 talk goes in the OT forum unless you want to talk about Star Wars Episode 7 games.

Hqxxz.jpg

Just when it seemed like Disney was running out of worlds for Kingdom Hearts to visit, they went and bought a whole universe.

Do you guys think we'll see this? What kind of gameplay would this encourage? Lightsabre keyblades?

Cade

Don't... don't want this at all. Why not Marvel if they have to go a derivative merchandise-makin' route?

Mesoian

Man, there's like 3 dozen other series I want in Kingdom Hearts before Star Wars even gets mentioned, come on.

Also yes, this news is massive.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
At this point, I think we'll see Star Wars in Kingdom Hearts...instead of the Tron world.
Sora dressed as a Jedi, the LightKeySaber, Mickey as Yoda...there are many things clicking.
Still, WOAH at all this Disney-Lucasfilm affair O_____O

Sponge

Banned
So Disney has Marvel, Muppets, Pixar, and Star Wars?

I expect big things from KH3, Square.

Also it's hilarious how Pixar came from Lucasfilm and now they're both at Disney.

Like Disney give a fuck about Kingdom Hearts anymore.

That relationship has gotten super bizarre post-KH2. What kind of communication do they have?

Patryn

I'm kind of curious: What does this mean for TOR?

I am one of the few who kind of liked it, but I haven't played it since January pretty much.

Famassu

Well, they've still to get Pixar movies (though, they've made progress as Nomura has said he'd like to use Pixar movies in future KH games), so I don't really have high hopes for Star Wars stuff within the next 2-4 KH games...

Ponn

Banned
Oh man, first thing I thought when I saw the news.

Sora's Lightsaber Keyblade! Positive it would be an Endor level with stupid Ewoks though and some awkward sing-along with Sora going "Yub nub"

Also been hoping they get a Marvel Avengers level in there, could potentially be awesome.

Oh man, first thing I thought when I saw the news.

Sora's Lightsaber Keyblade! Positive it would be an Endor level with stupid Ewoks though and some awkward sing-along with Sora going "Yub nub"

Also been hoping they get a Marvel Avengers level in there, could potentially be awesome.

They could just replace Goofy with Jar Jar. Perfect match.

Top Bottom