• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Land and SiNG PARTY commercials

Takao

Banned
Was there even an ounce of non out of focus gameplay footage in these ads?

Edit: I guess there was, but none of it was direct feed and the many cuts make it hard to instantly recall. They seem to be more interested in showing people playing games rather than showing the games.

I prefer the UK commercials tbh.

Yeah I didn't mind the 'all round' US one, but their not doing the best job of showing the games off here imo. The European ads do a much better job and am looking forward to seeing the final dub versions.

These aren't 'bad' though - I think Nintendo Land shows the multiplayer stuff really well, and for the first time the games looking similar to Wii Sports as a tie-in.

zroid

Banned

Edit: I guess there was, but none of it was direct feed and the many cuts make it hard to instantly recall. They seem to be more interested in showing people playing games rather than showing the games.

That's been Nintendo's advertising MO for a looong time, honestly

There seems to be a problem with the music in the Nintendoland ad. Weird how noone at Nintendo noticed this before release.

Drago

Meh. They're just ok. I still feel they need to point out that it's a new system, but oh well :/

Also, just saw the SiNG ad during Dancing With the Stars, so at least Nintendo seems to understand their audiences.

goomba

Banned
Sing party looks retarded, doesnt the Gamepad have a microphone built in ?, yet you have to hold a gamepad and a wired microphone ?.

It's like they want me to change the channel.

Meh. They're just ok. I still feel they need to point out that it's a new system, but oh well :/

Also, just saw the SiNG ad during Dancing With the Stars, so at least Nintendo seems to understand their audiences.

DWTS largest audience sector is literally people 55 and older that advertisers dont cater to.

Somnid

SiNG Party was all gameplay. Do you really need to see the screen?

Nintendo, my deluxe set better come with a game box for NintendoLand as pictured in your ad. Thank you.

tBpwO.png

Tagg9

Why are all those people dancing for Sing Party? Don't they know they should just be sitting down and making fun of the person singing?

Hiltz

I've seen the Nintendo Land and New SMBU ads earlier today on tv. I hope Nintendo gets more creative and offers a different tone for marketing titles like Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Ninja Gaiden 3 and Bayonetta 2.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I got to play SiNG with some friends and strangers during a Wii U Experience and I'd say it was actually quite entertaining singing and dancing along, and I hate singing and dancing.
I'm never going to pick the game up, but I can see its charm.

Darryl

Banned
these commercials are terrible. i just saw one of them on the air just a minute ago during south park on comedy central. doesn't seem like the right kind of commercial for the audience.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
These ads are not aimed at NeoGAF but even so, the UK campaign seems to have the right idea.

The US ads are too artificial and hyperactive, they give the impression that the product can't sell itself. Very fake feeling, synthetic hype. The UK ads have at least a little more grounding and display Wii U in natural settings. And also give hints about why its special interface and capabilities could be cool. They also make it look a bit more distinct from the Wii.

But hell, Nintendo of America really has never had a clear idea of how to market stuff in the US, unless it's explicitly very very retro and about a particular piece of nostalgia from Nintendo's history.

zroid

Banned
But one is asking
The other is telling you

I think they want to show that this is their future.

Yeah, lol. You can tell the slogan likely originated as "How Will U", but some marketing/PR guy decided it's not assertive enough.

Top Bottom