• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

spink

ibeTcI0PMHfEhw.gif

too fucking good

Biscuits

Brown Eyed Girls comeback next week? Did this just blindside anyone else?

------

Girls-Day_1372907553_af_org.jpg
Awesome! Also the dude looks like Shindong.

I just watched the MV for Takers - Honey. The song is groovy and catchy but the video is hilarious. It looks like the outtake reel for another one of their MVs but I like this song and video better, haha.

So BEG vs. 2NE1
BEG has nothing to prove so they don't care about same timeslot as 2NE1.

When a company doesn't do much in the way of promoting a song before it is released it usually means they're sending the track out to die, which is crazy since Nega Network's two new groups Lunafly and LC9 both tanked recently.

Kyon

Banned
When a company doesn't do much in the way of promoting a song before it is released it usually means they're sending the track out to die, which is crazy since Nega Network's two new groups Lunafly and LC9 both tanked recently.

Legends like BEG don't need to do as much promo as the others. Also they always release teasers so its not like they aren't gonna do anything lol

Ym1r

lmao she has a picture of herself behind her. is that an actual thing in korea? seen it in kdramas before too

I *think* it might be a drawing a fan sent her, I dunno I've never seen it around until she switched to another room/area.

So your fave is a trainee or a youtube artist?

shes a streamer on afreeca. I'm relatively sure she knows she can't sing, cause when she sings IU songs she stops at the high notes and switches to a lower tone or just jokes around it. @47 secs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SxHEm5OOLo#t=47s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBb3vXFMBvQ

shes super adorable though love her <3

SDSyiE2.gif

ramyeon

Opinions are a funny thing huh!

It's quite hilarious that you seem to go out of your way to disagree with every other thing I post though lol.
Legends like BEG don't need to do as much promo as the others. Also they always release teasers so its not like they aren't gonna do anything lol
BEG have always been overhyped after Abracadabra. They were basically ignored by everyone for their few albums before that. Nothing they've done after Abracadabra has quite lived up to that song either. Legends is stretching it a bit.

ryan-ts

BEG have always been overhyped after Abracadabra. They were basically ignored by everyone for their few albums before that. Nothing they've done after Abracadabra has quite lived up to that song either. Legends is stretching it a bit.

I happen to think Sign was a very good follow up to Abracadabra. I don't think Sixth Sense was nearly as good an album as Sound G but there are a couple really good songs on there. Cleansing Cream was one of my personal favourites from 2011 as well. I wasn't following K-Pop when BEG debuted but it seems like Hold The Line was their first song to get noticed by the mainstream, LOVE was even bigger (How Come to a lesser extent but all 3 songs were #1 on Korean charts) and then they got huge with Abracadabra. Obviously they owe a lot of their popularity to Abracadabra but I don't think they were no-names when that song was released.

giri

Opinions are a funny thing huh!

It's quite hilarious that you seem to go out of your way to disagree with every other thing I post though lol.

Amazing, i have a similar opinion of your self.

Doesn't matter what i post, you seem determined to contradict it.

Kyon

Banned

ummm no LOVE alone was what got them in the scene not Abracadabra. Abracadabra was what CEMENTED their status as Legends and Icons. Sign was a flawless follow up. Hot Shot was just flawless. Sixth Sense was huge too. Cleansing Cream is one of the most cohesive and intricate ballads in Kpop. Also Irriversible alone ended careers. No one would ever DARE experiment with a sound like that before Ga In. Innovators, Icons and Legends. Narsha's ICONIC and GROUND BREAKING Witch Pop Bbi ri bba bba was also never done before. They pave the way for the lessors that come after ad try to emulate.

Sound G was the stuff of LEGENDS

giri

Depends where.

I find Summer here in Brisbane pretty comparable to Korea's. Korea has a bit worse humidity during summer though. Melbourne is mild except they seem to get weeks of heatwave at points during summers.

Winter's much more comfortable than Korea. Usually a mild 15-20 degrees celsius in Brisbane during winter, compared to Seoul's 5 to -20 degrees. Korea's seasons are pretty unforgiving, but it's nice to have a proper 4 seasons, Australia only really gets Summer and Autumn.

Melb gets some weird weather but yeah, it's much more mild / cool than brisbane in general.

Outside of this winter that is. fuck waking up to 5 degree mornings. that shit was horrible. And is apparently going to repeat :|

But i know many koreans who move to brisbane over other areas of AU because the winter here is MUCH more mild, while the summer no worse in a general sense. But thats true for most of AU too.

BEG are legends? lol

The only ones I know are Narsha and Ga-In, Narsha cause IY and Ga-In cause WGM

Wait, what, of course BEG are legends.

Melbourne would be my first choice too.

Clear second for me. I don't think much of Brisbanes pub transport, but Melbournes is in a far worse state.

Would still prefer it over sydney easily though.

Sydney smells.

ramyeon

I happen to think Sign was a very good follow up to Abracadabra. I don't think Sixth Sense was nearly as good an album as Sound G but there are a couple really good songs on there. Cleansing Cream was one of my personal favourites from 2011 as well. I wasn't following K-Pop when BEG debuted but it seems like Hold The Line was their first song to get noticed by the mainstream, LOVE was even bigger (How Come to a lesser extent but all 3 songs were #1 on Korean charts) and then they got huge with Abracadabra. Obviously they owe a lot of their popularity to Abracadabra but I don't think they were no-names when that song was released.
They definitely weren't no names but their first few albums didn't really take off. They were seen as being "ugly" idols, their looks were often criticised and because their music was so different to what it is now their singles didn't really go along with the trends in the pop scene at that time. They were making good music though, I really enjoy their older works pre-Abracadabra. They just weren't hitting it off in the mainstream.

As for follow ups, you've gotta take into account how much of a hit Abracadabra was. I like a lot of their songs that followed that too, but they weren't of Abracadabra level success at all. They've yet to match that, it's a really high bar to reach a second time.
ummm no LOVE alone was what got them in the scene not Abracadabra. Abracadabra was what CEMENTED their status as Legends and Icons. Sign was a flawless follow up.
I'm gonna ignore the second half of this post cause it's crazy talk.

LOVE was nothing compared to Abracadabra. It was BEG moving into a more mainstream approach with their music and was a lot more poppy than what they'd done before. It fared better than their past works as a result, but Abracadabra was definitely what put them on the map. Before then they were just another girl group, not a major player like they became after that song.

Melb gets some weird weather but yeah, it's much more mild / cool than brisbane in general.

Outside of this winter that is. fuck waking up to 5 degree mornings. that shit was horrible. And is apparently going to repeat :|

But i know many koreans who move to brisbane over other areas of AU because the winter here is MUCH more mild, while the summer no worse in a general sense. But thats true for most of AU too.
Yeah I'm a Winter > Summer kind of person so even the harsh winters in Korea were much better than the Summers in my book. I can see why people who have lived with cold winters their whole lives would prefer Brisbane's climate though.

Plus Melbourne just has a way more active arts/music scene, better outdoors dining and is little bit more of a dense city which makes it...
Clear second for me. I don't think much of Brisbanes pub transport, but Melbournes is in a far worse state.

Would still prefer it over sydney easily though.

Sydney smells.
...easier to get around. Public transport in Brisbane is abysmal. It's not only inconsistent, unnecessarily difficult for tourists and newcomers and inconvenient, it's ridiculously expensive to boot. It's too difficult to get around where you need to go, and it costs too much to do so.

I found Melbourne's a lot easier, within the CBD there were always trams running that you could catch to all kinds of places for cheap (A lot of the times even free as there aren't any inspectors). I've heard it gets worse as you get further out into the suburbs, but Brisbane's is even poor inner city.

My first time in Melbourne I got around fine with just an app on my phone for directions on transport, in Brisbane I still have to double check when catching new routes and the worst part is the lack of any announcements on the buses for the next stop. If you're going to a new area you've basically gotta just press the bell and hope it's the next stop.

It's a really poor system that has needed upgrading for such a long time.

Sydney doesn't do anything for me at all, yeah.

(Not disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing, I just really passionately think Brisbane's public transport stinks and the development of the CBD is really poor.)

Kyon

Banned
They've gone nothing but higher after Abracadabra. The delusion. They are one of the top girl groups in KPOP history. They cemented their Legend status with Sound G. Sixth Sense already surpassed it anyway

Edgeward

http://shop.soompi.com/soompi-shop-dal-shabet-autographed-cd-be-ambitious-special-package.html

Special Package Details:
Dal Shabet sixth mini-album "Be Ambitious," autographed by all members
Six HQ pictures
Order Details:
Sales Period: Until 200 sets are sold
Price: $16.99 USD, excluding shipping and handling
Shipping: Packages will be shipped from Seoul promptly upon reception from the agency, likely within two weeks after the end of the sales period
Limit: One order per customer

You base it on public transport alone? :p

Chorong's hair is so cute :3

I hate it. Both her and Hayoung needs to stick to darker tones.

rania - up, in bikini for their music video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9lvgEXCSzA

Well, it's certainly more exciting than, say, Visual Dreams for example.

No No Eul

I just watched the MV for Takers - Honey. The song is groovy and catchy but the video is hilarious. It looks like the outtake reel for another one of their MVs but I like this song and video better, haha.

I really enjoyed that.

Who is the midget in the middle? Looks like a miniature version of that female comedian that is so popular.

No idea, sorry.

It's very much My My Part II, both the song and the MV. I fucking love it though.

I did laugh at that part early on in the video when they're all glancing around as if someone's missing. For a moment, I thought Yookyung was going to make an appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom