• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DmC videos

looks great, but I really regret watching those. the environments look so ridiculously good and unique that I would have preferred to experience them during play.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Will buy the pc version that includes Vergil. Which one is that?

K.Sabot

Vergil hitting stuff doesn't seem to have that oomph that I want.

I blame the sound design mostly, it is AWFUL.

Hagi

Man that Vergil video was super dull. Need a better representation of how he plays. The second was good though, the environments really do look great. I'll probably pick this up on the PC.

Ditto. I couldn't help but notice the immediately slower gameplay sadly compared to the orginal series....

But that doesn't mean it won't turn out good, I await the games release

It's not that faster compared to the "stylish gameplay" vid inside DMC3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSbLLKNsrMQ

My beef is that it still doesn't look like the moves flow to each other quite well. Like, there's a lot of stop motion here and there.

Blades64

Banned

Virgil looks more interesting than Dante to play as. The environments and graphics look nice, sure, but this is a PAIN to watch in 30fps. I usually don't care about this kind of thing, but this game NEEDS 60fps and up. PC version it is...

Can't see the style in this video. I hope that consumers can come up with something better than this, because if this is all they can do, well.......

Sgblues

Uuuhhhhhh umm hmmm yeah this looks boring as fuck and while I know they can't show much(like they haven't already, right?) its just the same repetitive, launch, pull, air rave, pull repeat and then finish that wasn't impressive then and certainly isn't impressive now.

The only thing I "liked" was when Vergil does a slash with yamato and a bunch of summoned swords spear out from the ground knocking the enemy into the air.

Yeah but other than that, nothing serious to write about this game....

Also that music and dull ass sound effects....

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
ughhh the music gets worst with each release of Devil may cry.
I actually think it's an improvement over DMC4 (which used the same fucking awful battle theme over and over and over and over again)

That said, it's a shame they didn't contract Nitin Sawhney to produce the music once again. Regardless of how you feel about Enslaved (or Heavenly Sword for that matter), Sawhney created truly remarkable music for both games. His style could really have delivered a different musical feel for the series that could have been quit excellent.

jett

D-Member
I actually think it's an improvement over DMC4 (which used the same fucking awful battle theme over and over and over and over again)

That said, it's a shame they didn't contract Nitin Sawhney to produce the music once again. Regardless of how you feel about Enslaved (or Heavenly Sword for that matter), Sawhney created truly remarkable music for both games. His style could really have delivered a different musical feel for the series that could have been quit excellent.

Yep, it's a shame that the one thing Ninja Theory should've changed completely remained mostly the same. Music has always been objectively garbage in this franchise, save for two or three tracks.

I wish I could do a study where I take this exact same group of people and show them these exact videos, the only difference being Dante and vergil had their dmc3 models and the game was called dmc5 and see how wildly different the reactions were

jwhit28

I wish I could do a study where I take this exact same group of people and show them these exact videos, the only difference being Dante and vergil had their dmc3 models and the game was called dmc5 and see how wildly different the reactions were

The reaction reminds me of Toon Link days.

Facism

It would still be 30fps and developed by Ninja Theory? To be fair to them, even if it was capcom, their output has been average to bad recently so maybe it's not entirely a bad thing for it to have been outsourced. Lesser of two evils and all that.

I'm guessing we're not getting a PC demo? :(

It would still be 30fps and developed by Ninja Theory? To be fair to them, even if it was capcom, their output has been average to bad recently so maybe it's not entirely a bad thing for it to have been outsourced. Lesser of two evils and all that.

I'm guessing we're not getting a PC demo? :(

In my made up childish study, yes it would, but people wouldnt have that knowledge.

To be fair though, those videos really aren't that great looking or "stylish". I've already seen much better Dante videos from the community and I really hope that'll be the case when real players get their hands on vergil...

Glass Rebel

Game looks cool, I don't like how Vergil looks in the DLC though. Should have given him DMC3 hair.

In my made up childish study, yes it would, but people wouldnt have that knowledge.

To be fair though, those videos really aren't that great looking or "stylish". I've already seen much better Dante videos from the community and I really hope that'll be the case when real players get their hands on vergil.

Anybody with half an eye could tell the difference between 30 and 60fps though...

Facism

yup, i've seen player videos that make the game look a hell of a lot of fun. Even the ps3 demo had some charm with it's limited moveset, even if i felt the devil/angel stuff was as tedious as it was in Heavenly Sword.

I would have preferred it if they didn't have this BLUE WEAPON FOR BLUE ENEMY, RED WEAPON FOR RED ENEMY crap. Just give us a bunch of weapons and let us mix this shit up without child-like colour matching meta-combat.

The combat looks unbearably slow... ugh. Sound design is completely horrid as well, perhaps it's just due to the trailer music? I might end up turning off the music in-game if I get around to playing this game so I can hear what the heck is going on.

eshwaaz

Vergil hitting stuff doesn't seem to have that oomph that I want.

I blame the sound design mostly, it is AWFUL.
Looking forward to this, but I have to agree - the sounds are really weak. Very hollow and tinny; no meaty punch to anything. The standard sword impacts are particularly poor.

Dahbomb

Vergil has new moves in the trailer. He has the same air dash as Dante and also has his Killer Bee move although it doesn't seem to be attached to a different weapon. Also his DT gauge is separated into boxes, probably one box gets drained with one Spiral Sword use or Doppelganger move use.

Aside from 1 new boss shown in the club level, there wasn't anything new shown in the 2nd trailer. Players have put out more stylish videos just from the demo than that video.

Kayo-kun

I believe they look like crap compared to the previous DMC games and their combos. I get the clunky Ninja Theory feeling all over the combat in the video.

Wasn't people from Cacpom supervising the combat and helping Ninja Theory "master" it?

I hope we got done with this and get a proper Devil May Cry 5 which is more traditional and focused on perfecting the combat. Team Ninja already learned it the hard way with Ninja Gaiden 3 by trying to make it into a Japanese hamburger, now it's time for Capcom to see the light too and realize what they had with the previous DMC games.

Top Bottom