• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Thorgal

Those Naruto screens look great! I love how crisp highly downsampled cel-shaded games look.

thanks.

These where taken at 1080 with 2 x ssaa so it looks great like this already and i still maintain 30 fps on my 660.

I only hope Durante can make a fix that removes the hud when you take a screenshot during battle as it is glaringly in the way.

One3rd

pe0b.jpg

rroq.jpg
Great shots capturing the frantic motion of BF4.

Nice, what's the color bleed from the bottom of the image coming from?

I always liked this hallway.

One3rd

Thanks , the effect is from the minefield's range of monitoring with a very low FOV.I could avoid it by moving the camera up but i like the overall effect it creates on the image :)
Agree with you there, it adds something to the image.

I wanted to line this one up perfectly but didn't like everything on the edge of the image...had to restrain myself from cropping the alternate lined up shot. If I was able to render at 4k or higher I would have cropped. Would lose too much IQ at this res though I think.

10623827876_e644db3695_o.jpg

One Pigs' Journey...starts with public transport.

10623796765_2146d43ce9_o.jpg

Night Run

Wanny

Why wouldn't it? It's the same executable.

I'm using Boulotaur's Injector with CJ's latest shaders. K-putt compiled all that. Good guy.

I'm not tweaking much really. But it's there if I need to tweak certain maps how I like them.

10627046243_df3a0ee5f1_o.jpg

That's still pretty rough looking

Alright. Just tried it works with Radeonpro (8.1). I'm personally using it to remove the goddamn red color in shadows.

10626726235_7240a11d74_o.jpg

Alright. Just tried it works with Radeonpro (8.1). I'm personally using it to remove the goddamn red color in shadows.

Sometimes I like Dice's color grading. Sometimes I don't. Making certain maps look more natural makes them a bit more boring too. Like Paracel Storm when it's sunny. There's some red tinting to the shadows... but I kinda like it there. *shrug*

In any case, SweetFX works fine and no you won't be banned for it.

I actually think is the imagequalitys fault. Saved as JPEG from BMP

Like all of my screenshots :p JPG is fine. Save them with no compression and you'er good.

I'm assuming you're using in-game AA, which isn't anywhere close to being adequate for foliage. You need supersampling.

It comes with a high performance cost though.

Blizzard

Banned
You should maybe consider some transparency anti-aliasing for that vegetation,... or just in general. A lot of aliasing going on there!
Is that not included by default in ultra settings? That's how vanilla Crysis always looked for me, and it drove me bananas. I could never find any way, console command or otherwise, to get sharp palm fronds/grass instead of the jaggy/"dotty" leaves.

I get the impression it is only possible if one downsamples or resizes images. I am not sure if the ingame downsize options are good enough or if you would have to use some external mechanism.

Spazznid

PCars has a damn nice HUD. Wish I'd have bought it when i could've.

I gave my key away, and sometimes regret it, because of pretty picture, but then I remember I suck at it and am bored by it, so I feel good!

Finally able to run an ENB mod on Skyrim with my new card, good GOD does it ever look better...

2Ky.png

4Ky.png

image.php

Welcome, friend. We've been waiting for you...

What new card is that, if you don't mind me arsking?

10635060126_299ff66701_o.png

10635059916_4d185021a2_o.png

BONKERS

I actually think is the imagequalitys fault. Saved as JPEG from BMP

I don't think so. From the look of the image AA isn't being applied very well. You'd know whether it was working well. Because TrSSAA in Crysis REALLY smooths out the vegetation like crazy. (needs to be enabled in Nvidia Inspector)

Alternatively, you could downsample from like 1.3x or so of your resolution and use FXAA on top of MSAA.

Crysis+MSAA+FXAA+Downsampling is pretty damn great looking (aside from specular aliasing issues)
ibjUkzxhL9Ei7y.png

The whole game lacks reflections it seems. The few I've seen were baaaaaaad.

Low res cube-maps FTW right?

I think even Crysis 1 had water reflections(And they weren't absurdly low res either).

But even Crysis 2 used ugly low res cubemaps for reflections in buildings.

It's amazing how rough that still looks with 4xMSAA+200% Super Sampling(Which i'm assuming is 2.25 or 2x resolution, rather than say 2x2 which is 4x resolution)

Spazznid

It's amazing how rough that still looks with 4xMSAA+200% Super Sampling(Which i'm assuming is 2.25 or 2x resolution, rather than say 2x2 which is 4x resolution)

Add in 4K base res and you're absolutely right. We've got a reputation to uphold, here. (I kid)

I see folks are enjoying the new additions to pCars. Mmmm

10636709443_2c63ef0f36_o.png

Pcars destroys all next gen car games in terms of graphics damn.

I have asked before, does the game have per-object motionblur? I never see it show up in screenshots (like car wheels spinning and blurring, etc...).
May I ask you your rig neoenigma? Do you play at 6000x3000 or it's just for screenshots?

If I remember, he has 4GB 680s in SLI.

It is funny because that is a bullshot for my setup lol. Radeon 6770 can only do so much! With those settings I prob got 1-3fps. Took a moment to take the photo even. Didn't expect it to blow minds thats for sure.

But hey the topic is let the JPEG die already, and those are nice clean PNG's lol. So I did it right ... right?

Top Bottom