• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

73752615.jpg

18217997.jpg

Spazznid

i9WQlBvcRxAun.png

ijzSUW52iDiFc.png

WHY is it that every time I make a character that I like the look of, her face clips into her hair for like 90 % of the freaking game!?

I mean WTF?!

Is there a reason all of the hair meshes aren't fit correctly?

My Favorite ME and I can never play it because of this... Unless I use the same hair everyone else including me, uses all the time...

Stein3x

i9dpOHsVuHfZb.png

iUxqvpmh9WMii.png

And also here are the settings Cuban Legend and for enyone else who wants to try.Keep in mind though that it is extremely heavy load on GPU and my 560ti craps out, only in 1080p is playable.Also i cannot use SGSSAA with ENB so i downscale for the sake of the screenshots.
ENB runs only in DX9 so no DX11
Link
http://www.mediafire.com/?7bxorz9b615p504

Shaneus

nfs13.exe_2013-01-18-vaug7.png

nfs13.exe_2013-01-18-zku1l.png

Again, apologies about the AA... it was only going to be a test run, but I was just surprised that Criterion finally patched it to a point where I don't have to seriously gimp the graphics to get 60fps out of it.

But they still haven't fixed the multi-GPU utilisation problem :/
GCYj3.png

Shaneus

Oh, community service announcement for AMD/ATI GPU owners: the Catalyst 13.1 WHQL and 13.2 beta drivers are now available (and can be found on the Guru3D forums). The latter drivers are the ones that supposedly fix the latency issues for the 7xxx series :)

Whelp figured out why despite using 8xSGSSAA I was getting a ton of jaggies in Tera (It was bothering me to no end while I was playing FC3). Pros....<3 image quality, cons...DAT FRAMERATE drop, it was pretty low under the old 8xSGSSAA I had going, but under this new one...my framerate is like the age of my women...20s. But then again I'm also downsampling from 2560x1600.

ipF9c6zY9DipF.jpg

iGhFkcEeroqK6.jpg

Anyways that's it for Tera, I won't be posting this game for a long time. On to greener pastures (I'm totally going back to Skyrim D: )

Combat is dope, I've played alot of MMOs and Tera is one of the VERY few in which "Kill X creature Y times" never gets repetitive for me. I might resurrect the Art thread, I've got a bunch of Tera shots that I took at 11520x7200 lulz.

Man, Most Wanted looks terrible, and the tales of performance woes makes me not even want to bother. Did they fire all the artists and programmers who made Hot Pursuit stunning?

Shaneus

What's different about scitek's AC3 shots from the ones everyone else has posted? They're way sharper and look a lot cleaner than any of the others (from memory).

i9dpOHsVuHfZb.png

iUxqvpmh9WMii.png

And also here are the settings Cuban Legend and for enyone else who wants to try.Keep in mind though that it is extremely heavy load on GPU and my 560ti craps out, only in 1080p is playable.Also i cannot use SGSSAA with ENB so i downscale for the sake of the screenshots.
ENB runs only in DX9 so no DX11
Link
http://www.mediafire.com/?7bxorz9b615p504
Thanks! How does that last show look without just ENB but with SweetFX? I've got to have DX11.
Probably just some SweetFX and Lumasharpen.

That sharpening sorta looks like PSP dithering / or almost looks like simulated JPG compression in some shots. I'm not blind , but that's what I see, anyone else see what I mean?

Why kill the IQ with it?

Sethos

Banned
That sharpening sorta looks like PSP dithering / or almost looks like simulated JPG compression in some shots. I'm not blind , but that's what I see, anyone else see what I mean?

Because it's being applied on top of FXAA, which is a shit AA. So you've already lost edge data and trying to sharpen them up again will leave a slightly dithered image. It's not possible to turn off AA in AC3 and the higher options can be quite demanding - So sharpened FXAA is a common choice.

Top Bottom