• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

scitek

tesv_2013_01_17_02_28ymyxx.png

tesv_2013_01_17_01_145rx9p.png

Holy Crap. This was the first game I ever truly played, and seeing it like this is mostly strange, but also quite exciting. Some of it I don't agree with, but it's just so rich that it's hard not to like.

morrowind2013-01-1703lbujp.png

morrowind2013-01-1703xwu58.png

Spazznid

iYxJxf20v4gyT.png

itYRiUFBfE5oB.png

All these shots are actually using 8xSGSSAA which is why I get 15 FPS with them.

Also, I use keybinds for the following commands to get my shots.

"Host_Timescale #" - Slow time usually I go to around 0.05 or 0.02 for those fast action shots, or to get multiple shots of the same scene.

"Noclip" - fly like a bird.

"R_Drawviewmodels #" - to enable/disable the first-person gun model.

"Impulse 101" - to get all weapons. I use the crossbow because aiming with it is faster than holding z when going at 0.02 timescale...

"CL_Drawhud #" - Enable/disable hud elements.

It's pretty terrible playing at 15-24 FPS, but binding the slo-mo to an easily accessible button allows you to slo time, shoot enemies, and return time to normal, like as if it were the matrix, so that's an easy way to kill at low framerates or just have fun at normal resolutions.

Kukuk

Banned
Care to share mod&settings u use to make color palette? Also which dof mod is that?

Using ENBSeries for New Vegas with this present made by a dude over on the ENBSeries forum. Also have Western Skies, Wasteland Flora Overhaul, and NMC's medium quality texture pack.

Stole this combination from another GAF'er, but can't remember who. If it sounds familiar to anyway, feel free to take credit. Heh.

vio

Using ENBSeries for New Vegas with this present made by a dude over on the ENBSeries forum. Also have Western Skies, Wasteland Flora Overhaul, and NMC's medium quality texture pack.

Stole this combination from another GAF'er, but can't remember who. If it sounds familiar to anyway, feel free to take credit. Heh.
Thanks!

I'm sold.

SweetFX hasn't worked with the three games I've tried it with, though. Any places I should be watching? Or am I probably doing something terribly wrong?

Some games require SweetFX be installed different from the usual drop everything in the same folder as the .exe, what games aren't working?

I'll post my SweetFX settings later today (it's 5:30am here, about to sleep don't feel like hopping on the PC). I'm still fighting lumasharpening and I'm probably going to simply remove it if I can't results I like.

Shaneus

Far Cry 3 Ultra

2012-12-06_00008_zpsfca57cbc.jpg

2012-12-04_00026_zps34d45215.jpg

edit: I'm new to this why the hell our my pics so small.....
Are you using Steam to save your screenshots? Don't... they compress the shit out of them. Also, they're being saved in JPEG format, you don't want that either. I'm not sure where that resizing is coming from though. May be Steam, may be something else.

Download a program called FRAPS and use that to take your screenshots, you'll be much happier. And make sure that either you capture straight to PNG or convert them to PNG using a program like Paint.NET (that's what I use).

Kukuk

Banned
Yeah, definitely some awesome lighting work. Shame is so hard to chase off the jaggies. I don't think the game supports MSAA.

mafia21n.png

mafia22.png

First person point n' click horror sourcemod

ipVABLDpt9cKv.png

imXIQTra7kylG.png

Game itself is pretty great aside from a few pretty obtuse puzzles and an unsatisfying ending. Pretty scary at times too.

NBtoaster

There must have been some to change to nvidia drivers in the past few months, because I used to immediately run out of vram when downsampling, now it's sort of playable. I have driver FXAA on but it's not visible.

c2x7uka.png

ca1d6ucq.png

I liked this game. the mechanics and the fact that they had to re-model whole stages, because of the sisters is sorta fascinating for me.
VCk.png

XCk.png

Crysis 2
As much as i prefer the original in almost every respect, gat dang, sometimes this games visuals blow me away. Optimised amazingly too, ultra settings and get 60FPS for the most part

if5d1iYzkyPq7.png

ipfSzAtPzDo56.png

Crysis 2
As much as i prefer the original in almost every respect, gat dang, sometimes this games visuals blow me away. Optimised amazingly too, ultra settings and get 60FPS for the most part

Have you tried Maldo HD? Probably one of the most coherent and firendly-to-the-source texture mods I've ever seen. Among other tweaks.

Man, some really great shots in this page. Deus Ex is lookin' REAL good without the piss filter. It's kind of baffling that they keep sticking these color filters in games.

And I'd never have been able to guess that Chivalry is running on Unreal Engine 3 from just looking at it. In fact, I thought it was a heavily modified Source Engine game or something!

Have you tried Maldo HD? Probably one of the most coherent and firendly-to-the-source texture mods I've ever seen. Among other tweaks.

Those shots are using maldo 2.0, cause all the links to 3.0 are gone, and apparently the 4.0 beta crashes after a particular level. Gonna wait for 4.0 proper, 2 will do til then :D

Desaan

Oh and for the guys who are still enjoying Skyrim (as am I) I'd advise you to use the mod Immersive UI. It auto hides all elements of the hud and you can hotkey toggle the compass. Makes for an easier Screenshotting life.

Those shots are using maldo 2.0, cause all the links to 3.0 are gone, and apparently the 4.0 beta crashes after a particular level. Gonna wait for 4.0 proper, 2 will do til then :D

Hah, pardon me. :p

And I'd never have been able to guess that Chivalry is running on Unreal Engine 3 from just looking at it. In fact, I thought it was a heavily modified Source Engine game or something!

I was quite surprised as well, its much softer and less gleaming. Also, I honestly think it is the best multiplayer game I've played since Halo 3, which I invested way too much time into. It's so fucking good.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Amusingly enough it used to be a mod on the Source Engine, but they switched over and went for retail.

Top Bottom