• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: Animal Crossing (40 Minutes of Untranslated Animal Crossing follow!)

Was going to wait for someone who could at least give a gist of what is going on here but it hasn't popped up so thought might as well post until someone who does sees the thread and maybe tells us something :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fybYsCaz-Rs

40 minutes long!
If you want Animal Crossing action heres the place I suppose.
I suspect their showing off new items; can anyone explain?

I wonder if we'll get loads of these in the Summer?

Update from Cheese:
No real news in the #AnimalCrossingNewLeaf #NintendoDirectJP. It's pretty self-explanatory: features, staff towns, Q's.

New discussion points:
- How is YoshiRider123 responsible for the lack of localisation and why did they do it?
- And just what kind of Cheese is Cheesemeister a meister of?
- "Animal Crossing looks fucking great and makes me sad its not out yet."

Update from eudaemonic on new items:
There was a new Japanese Animal Crossing Direct!

Some new DLC was announced as well. Campus stationary - which seems probably odd to anyone who hasn't at least been to a Japanese bookstore. *chuckles* I'd be shocked if we see that DLC in the States.

campusdlcitems.png

guek

Banned
But isn't this game already old news in Japan? And hasn't it already it already sold a bajillion copies?

What about the west, Iwata? What about us?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
It's okay, spring-summer is a good time to release the game overseas. Better to start when the world in the game is coming to life, not right before winter. Superior experience confirmed!

But isn't this game already old news in Japan? And hasn't it already it already sold a bajillion copies?

What about the west, Iwata? What about us?
Be careful what you wish for, with the current state of the 3DS/Wii U in the US his ND for America will probably be 40 minutes of him glaring at us disapprovingly :'(

I think they recorded this one because fans wanted to see how devs towns looked like.

I wonder if they are planning to do a long AC Direct for the west, maybe featuring a celebrity.

It worked pretty well in Japan, more than a million views! (no celebrity though)

Top Bottom