• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny reveal happening in the coming weeks

1348387567691.gif

Beckx

The first game is Xbox exclusive right? I'd say MS' conference is soon.

All we know is that we know nothing. There's a very old contract b/t Bungie and Activision that mentions both MS and Sony platforms, with MS coming before Sony.

Good bet that contract has been amended numerous times.

So....

YouKnowNothingJonSnow.gif

:)

The first game is Xbox exclusive right? I'd say MS' conference is soon.

I think things have changed. And it didn't sound like it was exclusive, but rather they didn't want to spread their resources too think making the game engine for an unfamiliar engine. Judging by all the vocal PS3 hiring they have been doing.. I bet it hits 360, PS3, Nextbox and PS4. Though the time frame for the release will be interesting..

iceatcs

I think things have changed. And it didn't sound like it was exclusive, but rather they didn't want to spread their resources too think making the game engine for an unfamiliar engine. Judging by all the vocal PS3 hiring they have been doing.. I bet it hits 360, PS3, Nextbox and PS4. Though the time frame for the release will be interesting..
Yeah after the count documents leak and sudden they hiring PS3 programmers. It could be Sony just found out and talk to them. I think unlikely anyway.

Isn't the first Destiny game 360 exclusive?

It wasnt exclusive as much as they guaranteed to release it on at least the xbox with other versions TBD depending on if Bungie could get another version done in time. If they couldn't they still had to deliver a xbox version.

But Bungie have been hiring ps3 developers for years now and just recently Bungie.net got PSN integration. They wouldn't be doing that if they didnt have a PlayStation game coming relatively soon.

Beckx

If you're curious about what we do know about Destiny, GAF's ncsuDuncan has a great page summarizing all available info, including what was in the old contract about platforms:

Destiny Game #1 / Comet #1
Planned platforms: Xbox 360, Xbox 720 (unofficial name)
Possible platforms: PlayStation 3

- It seems Bungie and Activision were supposed to decide on the technical and business feasibility of a PS3 release no later than March 31, 2011. Considering that Bungie has been hiring PS3 developers for a while (and still wants applicants with PS3 experience), I imagine they decided to go for it.

- The PS3 version is required to have “quality and feature parity” to the Xbox 360 version and is targeted for a Fall 2014 release, a year after the 360 version. While Bungie cannot be required to release the PS3 version simultaneously with the Xbox 360 version, there don’t seem to be any contractual restrictions on the developer doing so voluntarily. I’ve seen a lot of complaining online from people assuming Microsoft paid for a timed-exclusive release of Destiny on the 360. Judging from the 2010 contract alone this does NOT seem to be the case – it’s merely a result of Bungie having seven years of experience with the Xbox 360 platform and little to no development experience with the PlayStation 3.

Destiny Game #2 / Comet #2
Planned platforms: Xbox 360, Xbox 720, Windows-based PC, and PlayStation 4 (unofficial name)

- Of course, this is all dependent on technical and business feasibility studies for development on the above platforms.

- Both the PlayStation 4 and the PC are NOT mentioned in the contract as possible platforms for Destiny Game #1. Likewise, the PS3 is not included in the possible platforms for Destiny Game #2, although that might just be dependent on its status as a Game #1 platform. Apple’s Mac OS is not mentioned at all. Platforms for games #3 and #4 are not detailed.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Timed 360/720 exclusive, things could have changed but I imagine this is still the case.
With Bungie looking to hire people specifically with PS3 experience, I think it's safe to say we'll get it on PS3 at some point. Maybe not at launch.

360/PS3/Durango
Yeah, that's what I predict, too.

DuranDurango
lol

If you're curious about what we do know about Destiny, GAF's ncsuDuncan has a great page summarizing all available info, including what was in the old contract:
I just want to bold that bit, so people don't miss it. That contract is at least two years old, I believe. Who knows what's changed since then.

Sai-kun

Banned
Nice new avatar.

Thank ya! :) Speaking of mad hype, can't wait for the HTDA LP to drop. It's gonna be rad. How long? is a fantastic song.

Also just ugh'd at remembering that Destiny 1 won't be on PC at first. That is just the pits. :|

Top Bottom